List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn’t Gulden only 175? Josh Daicos is 178cm Not saying Tommy won’t grow a bit more given he isn’t even 17 yet, but don’t think height is an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lachie Neale is 177cms. I agree. Height shouldn't be an issue

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lachie Neale is 177cms. I agree. Height shouldn't be an issue

The main factor in height for mids is the ability to carry bulk and strength and thus how hard you are to push off the ball.

Due to his strength, you'd take Dion Prestias physical capabilities over a heap of much taller mids.

The main factor in height for mids is the ability to carry bulk and strength and thus how hard you are to push off the ball.

Due to his strength, you'd take Dion Prestias physical capabilities over a heap of much taller mids.
Partly, but being closer to the ground is good if you’re a ground ball player. A lower centre of gravity has other advantages also.

The big disadvantage is in marking contests, but hey I take Neale over 1.9m any day of the week.

Partly, but being closer to the ground is good if you’re a ground ball player. A lower centre of gravity has other advantages also.

The big disadvantage is in marking contests, but hey I take Neale over 1.9m any day of the week.
Mid is the position with the greatest physical variance - as long as they can get to enough contests - skill and smarts still trumps physical attributes for mids.

Hate to say it but the blues have been very astute grabbing talent from the northern clubs at a cheap price. We need to do similar given the limited draft hand we have.
Plus the Suns have a deep list of kids taken at the top end. We need to be sniffing around
Who have they got of substance, Hollands and Martin?

We have picked up Hil.

I think this is as close to a push as you can get...

Hardwick sounds very frustrated with his list - I would stick close to the situation as there could be some astute trades to be had at good value

You would think the frustration is with some of the core members of the team.

Which players do you think he will use to make a statement? Rowell? King? Lukocius?

You would think the frustration is with some of the core members of the team.

Which players do you think he will use to make a statement? Rowell? King? Lukocius?
Going by his presser, he just wants them to get better. Its all mental. No reason they cant produce the results on the road as at home. Its a hurdle they need to get over. Wants them to learn to play a september type of football. Someone needs to smack those midfielders and get them angry lol

Mid is the position with the greatest physical variance - as long as they can get to enough contests - skill and smarts still trumps physical attributes for mids.
Exactly this is also what makes AFL the toughest sport in the world. You can have a 75kg midget crunched unexpectedly by a 110kg monster. Doesn’t happen in any other sport the way it does in AFL.

I liked Mick McGuanes article today about Pendles. He said young Tommy is modelling his game on Pendles and they dissect his game each week with Foxtel IQ. Where he stands at ballups stoppages. His positioning during play etc.

Can't wait to have another McGuane running around.
If he lives up to his projection we will have a fun time over the next decade with him and Nick.

On SM-A556E using BigFooty.com mobile app

But not the injuries meatball seems to get.
Maybe a bit big for his frame.

On SM-A556E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Davies-Uniacke.

Tom Cruise GIF by Jerology

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there a scenario where we will not have the assets to get McGuane??
They haven't said whether or not you'll still be able to go into deficit. Most likely you will, which would mean you're always able to match.

Is there a scenario where we will not have the assets to get McGuane??
We have 12 months to prepare for it. Clubs will know soon if they dont already whats required for each pick come next years draft, so its something we can prepare for. Can also dig into picks for 2026 if need be.

Agreed. He's doing it against players 1-2 years older than him, and his body is also raw.
We need to be prepared for a 1st rounder, possibly top 10. If he is doing this at 16 (he'll be 17 this month) imagine what another pre-season and season in the talent pathways will do.
Lets also remember he has played senior footy and dominated.

I actually think he will be a top 2 pick. Definitely top 10. I have seen him play down Keilor way, and he reminds me of Pendles, the way he can use the footy, and change the angles of kicks to find a teammate, also being a left footer helps.

Unless his name starts with Bont.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back