List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, WHE most of us wanted him gone several years ago under Bucks.
But he is like a fine wine, has gotten better with age and is worthy of a 1-2 year extension.
WHE’s problem has always been that his best position is deep forward, but he’s also more useful further up the ground when we have a full compliment of marking forwards available.

It’s no coincidence his best year statistically was in 2018 playing deep while Elliott was unavailable. Many on this board have been unable to see his value when he’s not kicking goals though.

I would agree, however is ability to perform in finals is off the charts. Had similar form in 2023. Turned up for the finals, he’s a veteran and I’d love to have someone like him to call in a grand final.

I’d love to retain him, let’s face it we aren’t going to plug all the holes in our list with youngsters or trades in one year…we have many holes and we can afford to hold a spot for Sidey for one more year!!
Sort of like Goldsack finals insurance?

He's not great in the air. I think he's a wingman unless he improves in a contest
Wingmen are runners first and foremost.
If he has the run/tank, ok then as a winger.
Is his value as forward only if he’s good in the air…what about playing him as a forward? Beau plays for his attributes, can’t the same apply for Lukocius? He had a good season last year?

WHE’s problem has always been that his best position is deep forward, but he’s also more useful further up the ground when we have a full compliment of marking forwards available.

It’s no coincidence his best year statistically was in 2018 playing deep while Elliott was unavailable. Many on this board have been unable to see his value when he’s not kicking goals though.

I’ll put my hand up and say I was one who didn’t see his value and thought we needed to go past him.

I still think that last point is valid and we should expect youth on the list to force him out but I appreciate him holding the line and no one has jumped up to force him out.

He’s also been really solid this year so I’m all for him going on.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

will Brodie would still be an upgrade on any mids we have in reserve. Hes a b grader but an upgrade on long or sully. Freo would be keen to get him off the books as he’s got 2 years left.

His 22 and 23 stats aren’t bad. Would offer coverage for Mitchell and Degoey. Reckon we need degoey to be spending 70% forward from now on to prolong his career.

IMG_0500.jpeg

IMG_0501.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll put my hand up and say I was one who didn’t see his value and thought we needed to go past him.

I still think that last point is valid and we should expect youth on the list to force him out but I appreciate him holding the line and no one has jumped up to force him out.

He’s also been really solid this year so I’m all for him going on.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
WHE is a highly skilled player that is an elite overhead mark for his size.

However, his really good games are not often enough. I think he is almost a victim of being asked to plug gaps for the team. I reckon if he was left forward for a season he would kick 40 goals.

LDU had a good day today. 33 disposals, 8 clearances, 7 I50s, 3 goals, 9 SI's

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

My dream recruit, but unless I’ve missed something it was openly reported he had or was about to sign on? With North looking better and him looking like the type that wants out of the limelight we were always going to be a hard sell.

I agree with the poster that said yesterday and our past month confirms for me we are desperate for another mid. First of all our midfield is so weak that even when heavily tagged Nick is still the one that has to lift us up offensively. Pendles at times but he plays a specific defensive role in the midfield so can’t get too loose even if his body allowed it. Crisp did it for a couple of games and that’s it, no one else stood out.

We are constantly taking away from our forward line to play our +1 in the midfield (yesterday that was Jordy and Beau constantly around our midfield stoppages leaving 5 forward) and if you want further signs of desperation against Geelong a few weeks back we also had our defence playing 5 and sending Sidebottom to +2 in the midfield, hence why you saw our zone stretched and absurd situations like Moore on Stengle when the ball went that way.

Our stoppage work has been terrible and I can put our Essendon loss, Dogs loss, Hawks and Geelong loss down to our inability to get our hands on the bloody ball in the middle (think we were third last for possessions in the comp ahead of WC and Richmond only).

Not sure who and I don’t mind if they’re not an elite player like LDU but we need a high possession inside/out midfielder to complement Nick. Don’t mind us playing Mitchell if he had that release, Jordy half forward and +1 in the middle when needed and Pendles in the Sidey role.

There aren’t many bottom agers that dominate in the way Tommy is already doing who end up late first/early second selections. Unless he falls off a cliff next year I think you’re being incredibly optimistic.

Yeah. Reckon on current projections McGuane is pretty much a lock for a bid in the top 10 IMO.

His accumulation and skills more than make up for his lack of size.

will Brodie would still be an upgrade on any mids we have in reserve. Hes a b grader but an upgrade on long or sully. Freo would be keen to get him off the books as he’s got 2 years left.

His 22 and 23 stats aren’t bad. Would offer coverage for Mitchell and Degoey. Reckon we need degoey to be spending 70% forward from now on to prolong his career.

View attachment 2068659

View attachment 2068660

I’ve mentioned him as my own personal preference in terms of a trade target.

Reckon he’d be a great pickup.

But watch out you’ll get the ‘truth’ coming after you!

Ben Hobbs would be a good 34 disposals in the VFL today
He is behind Merrett Parish and Cardwell was a high draft pick about 3 years ago and has played some good footy at AFL level

Not sure they’d let him go, but I’d have a crack.

He’s never going to be an elite player IMO. But he’s still the same player he was as a junior and that’s pretty good in the right team. A Taylor Adams clone who is an inside bull.

We have no currency so we have to look at salary dumps so to speak.

Will Brodie is one.
Caleb Daniel has been mentioned. Even jack macrae from the doggies
Peter wright maybe on the outer at dons

No stars but slight improvements on what we have perhaps.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back