List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Crisp was one of the highest rated players over this round. Elliott was everywhere on Saturday & such an important player for us..spoils, goals, marks, tackles, professional fumbles..does everything. If Mitchell does recover well from his foot injury, having a large portion of this year off would only add to his longevity, imo.

I admit that the Crisp we've seen over the past couple of weeks has shown an uptick in form, but then when you look at the numbers which like I said are significantly down on what he used to produce in his good games and see how he still goes in relatively short bursts compared to the run-all-day game that we're used to seeing out of him the concerns are still there.

Mitchell is probably 50-50 for mine from here, he really does need to have a perfect recovery from his PF issues to have a decent go around next year.

The comment on Jamie was purely one about his mindset, he's had to put himself through a lot with the injuries he's had so he's got a call to make on whether he feels like he's up to it again next year.

As much as i hear and see good things of Tom, i'm gonna hold my enthusiasm back a bit, for every Josh and Nick Daicos, there's more Tyler and Callum Browns.

Swap the height gene between Callum and Tyler and we would have had a pretty decent player on our hands with (a 188cm) Callum Brown. It's a shame how the cards fall sometimes in nature I guess.

Crisp was one of the highest rated players over this round. Elliott was everywhere on Saturday & such an important player for us..spoils, goals, marks, tackles, professional fumbles..does everything. If Mitchell does recover well from his foot injury, having a large portion of this year off would only add to his longevity, imo.

I just can't see who were clearing blokes out for, playing kids isn't a magical thing that works unless you have the right kids.

In 2021, we went into play the kids mode and "accelerated" the development of Poulter, Macrae, T Brown, Bianco, Wilson, Lynch, Kelly, Ruscoe. McCreery, Ginnivan, and Henry have kicked on, but not likely that the 2021 games significantly accelerated their careers - they're just more talented than the other blokes.

I just can't see who were clearing blokes out for, playing kids isn't a magical thing that works unless you have the right kids.

In 2021, we went into play the kids mode and "accelerated" the development of Poulter, Macrae, T Brown, Bianco, Wilson, Lynch, Kelly, Ruscoe. McCreery, Ginnivan, and Henry have kicked on, but not likely that the 2021 games significantly accelerated their careers - they're just more talented than the other blokes.
Agree. Some of our kids may make big improvements with another pre season under the belt. But we just don't know yet.

Watched the replay last night & Elliott's composure, experience, tenacity & footy smarts is irreplaceable. Was given a raw deal by the umps on numerous occasions too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll back Allan over Poulter long term.
Long never plays wing.
WHE versatility means Poulter wouldn’t get his spot.
Bytel probably.
Yeah Poulter at the Dogs when he’s played has had a lot of average to poor games, that was probably the best he’s played

DeGoey is out for the season now. We haven't been able to get Jordy to play a full season for the past 4 years. I actually don't think Jordy has played a full season since he started in 2015. He is 28, and a fantastic player, and on his day is as good as anyone.
If a club like Richmond, who could have 5 or 6 first round picks this coming draft. If they were willing to pay 2 first round picks for Jordy, one in the top 10 and one late first round, would everyone be open for the club to look at that trade?
Yes.
DeGoey needs serious physical rehab. I don’t think he has the will.
I’m sure other teams also see this. We ain’t getting 2 first rounders for him.

Are you saying there were no weaknesses of Keanes game exposed ?
BTW I’ve been a supporter from his early days.

Have you seen other players "get lucky" or have days out once in a while too?
Amarty isn't Plugger Lockett....the ball fell in his lap a few times against Keane and with his confidence up, they isolated him one out on the smaller man (keane) and his luck continued. It got to the stage where he was having such a night out that the commentators were "poohooing" Longmire for taking him off so that he didn't get 10!

How's Amarty gone since???

Keane has limitations for sure but then so to does Darcy Moore, Howe, Maynard, IQ, hmmmm even Jimmy Clement had days where he got beaten

Yes.
DeGoey needs serious physical rehab. I don’t think he has the will.
I’m sure other teams also see this. We ain’t getting 2 first rounders for him.
If what was reported saying 2 first rounders for Rioli which probably meant pick 12, 20 from GCS

Rioli is 27, only a year younger than DeGoey and while he is a good half back if GCS want more experience compared to more kids a fit DeGoey may be worth more or less however you see it but also a piece GCS are probably missing.

Maybe the GCS are not interested in DeGoey at all but he would have some currency and I think especially to a team like theirs.

Wouldn’t mind Caleb Poulter back about now.
A better option than Long, Bytel or WHE on a wing.
Poulter is a state-league player who dined on his side dominating another team in shambles. He's not fit to tie Hoskin-Elliott's laces. I doubt he's even an upgrade on the other two

I’d rather keep our old players, trade our young players on the fringe for future picks and top up our depth in the SSP again.

Harvey Harrison and Joe Richards look like they can be players but are they ever gonna be core players?

The way I see it, if your core is strong you don’t need too much quality in the fringes. You just need guys that follow instructions and suit the game style. We should instead be stockpiling picks in the future so we can make a play at a core player for when Pendlebury and co retires, rather than retiring them early to get games into fringe players.

I’d rather keep our old players, trade our young players on the fringe for future picks and top up our depth in the SSP again.

Harvey Harrison and Joe Richards look like they can be players but are they ever gonna be core players?

The way I see it, if your core is strong you don’t need too much quality in the fringes. You just need guys that follow instructions and suit the game style. We should instead be stockpiling picks in the future so we can make a play at a core player for when Pendlebury and co retires, rather than retiring them early to get games into fringe players.
Harvey & Joe would the two I'd keep out of all our young players.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back