List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

So why would we want to get rid of them?

Supporters banging on about our lack of depth, no young talent..why then get rid of the 2 players who have shown the most potential, know our game plan & have performed when selected..?

Makes no sense.
If they’re not in our 22 next season why should we keep them?

I don’t particularly care what other supporters bang on about.

Out of HH and Richards, the latter may be someone that could be enticed elsewhere. OOC, turns 26 next year. Mature ager, time isn't on his side with Hill and Beau and prob HH ahead of him.
Could a club come knocking offering regular opportunity is my concern.

We havent offered him a contract yet.

Go after Lukosisus from Gold Coast also offer pick 80 for Keane
I'd rather prise Moyle free from their hands, although I do like the idea Lukosious as a half back sweeper with elite foot skills setting up our ball movement through the middle. No chance of getting either one though I suspect.

I'd rather prise Moyle free from their hands, although I do like the idea Lukosious as a half back sweeper with elite foot skills setting up our ball movement through the middle. No chance of getting either one though I suspect.
Moyle just signed for 4 years, and prob sees an opening with WItts looks to be on his last legs. In hindsight, I think Smit will be very good for us long term.
Luko wants to play forward. Even though I do think he would be better used elsewhere where he can use his foot skills. I don't think he suits us the way he plays his role.

Our finals are done for a little while.

I'd 100% trade DeGoey if the Suns were willing to part with young talent.

They're not even done this year yet, another win this week vs a horribly out of form Sydney and the train will be gathering a bit of steam.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope we are having a crack at Miles Bergman for next year. I know Bucks was a huge fan of his and tried to get him across previously.

Really nice half back/wing/ even midfield type. 189cm and big bodied and Only 22.
We were into him massively last year before he re-signed. But there is whispers he wants to come back home. Unlikely port let him go this year, so next year is a watch and wait.

If you watch Adelaide games, I’d be keen to hear why he was so badly exposed by Amartey.

It was one game, Sydney were dominant and had the ball on a string all night. Most of the Amartey stuff was lace out kicks onto his chest inside 40m coming from unopposed midfielders under zero pressure on a night when the Swans had 60-30 I50s or something like that, who in the AFL is ever going to stop that?

Moyle just signed for 4 years, and prob sees an opening with WItts looks to be on his last legs. In hindsight, I think Smit will be very good for us long term.
Luko wants to play forward. Even though I do think he would be better used elsewhere where he can use his foot skills. I don't think he suits us the way he plays his role.

They drafted another kid this year who is getting huge wraps as the next big thing.

I don't think you've been keeping much of an eye on Keane if you think he's been "struggling" this year, he's been pretty good this year for the Crows by any measure.
Not to mention he will probably slot straight in and/or at least be a replacement for Howe who has 1 more season left in him.

Unfortunately, if AJ can’t even get games this 2nd half of the year, he never will.

to this point I haven't been a fan of some of the decision's coming out of Laura's office, but as a package I don't mind what they're proposing for the changes to the draft and bid matching system.

The one thing I think they should nail down though is keeping the 20% discount for father son picks, as well as for academy bid matches for Gold Coast / GWS which haven't had enough time for the father-son talent pipeline to start ticking over yet.
Yes on the FS, no on the Academy. The whole point of these changes is to make it difficult for Northern Academy clubs to do what GC did last year with obtaining multiple high end prospects for nothing picks. So what if they have no Father sons yet? Some clubs get hardly any worthwhile FS recruits. Adelaide have had 1 in their history. Fremantle haven’t had any at all. GC took 3 players last year alone tO mAkE uP fOr NoT hAvInG FaThEr SoNs.

Why should northern clubs be benefiting from the same discount to players who now are being pumped out of their academies at a rate of knots, as players who in some cases only arrive once in a decade or more?

I get a feeling Richmond might off load some big contracts to have some salary cap space
They’re going to lose Bolton and Rioli, and potentially Martin. I doubt they’re going to willingly offload anyone else.

Isn’t Gulden only 175? Josh Daicos is 178cm Not saying Tommy won’t grow a bit more given he isn’t even 17 yet, but don’t think height is an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many of those size players do you think a best 18 can have before we get bullied every week?

You need the right mix. Although McGuane looks to be tracking good enough to be a no brainer selection.
My point is a team can only afford so many small bodied short people before the balance goes out of whack.

Partly, but being closer to the ground is good if you’re a ground ball player. A lower centre of gravity has other advantages also.

The big disadvantage is in marking contests, but hey I take Neale over 1.9m any day of the week.

Or having a size Bully like Cripps dominate a quarter and not being able to counter it

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back