List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Could Ed Richards be a target next season? He is a restricted free agent in 2025.

His value has sky rocketed this season so it makes you think whether the bulldogs would have budgeted for that.

Obviously the historic family ties with the player, but he would be a great addition to the midfield group and be a long-term line breaking player in that position, like we have had with Crisp over the last several years.

I don't think guys like Richards and Harrison are the ones you'd look to trade. They've done enough to look promising, but not enough to increase in value, so you'd be getting rid of the more likely guys from a draft range to replace them with guys from a similar range. They're the kind of guys you'd look to trade in rather than out.
Agree Those two are improving an dwill be long termers for sure. the interesting two are Reef and Macrae .. not sure where they go given their year so far..

Could Ed Richards be a target next season? He is a restricted free agent in 2025.

His value has sky rocketed this season so it makes you think whether the bulldogs would have budgeted for that.

Obviously the historic family ties with the player, but he would be a great addition to the midfield group and be a long-term line breaking player in that position, like we have had with Crisp over the last several years.

Another dream recruit of mine. Frustratingly I rated him as an elite prospect before his value skyrocketed so it would have been shrewd.

Sadly I think the best chance was if he didn’t want to play under Bevo anymore and with the Dogs going so well those cracks have been papered, for now.

Sidey is on record as saying he will do what is best for the club. He wants young players to push him out. He even said he is happy to play VFL to support them.

I expect this season has not gone as we expected for him because surely there would have been intention to rest him.

He should play another year. We still have the nucleus of a premiership team. Hopefully we have a surprise top 22 player to trade in.

Essentially Mihocek, Mitchell, DeGoey are recruits.

Dont under estimate the blooding of all our young players this year. The club knows the potential of them all. Reef and Fin are an enigma to me; clearly they are missing something from a senior spot perspective. Long has been thrown to the wolves with roles he has been expected to play so Fly knows if he has it. Im interested in Steenes development. Hopefully he worked in the gym with McStay.

The only retirements I see happening are from any player who has had enough with his body; Elliott? Howe?

Our premiership window is still open. One more crack with this list and recruit for the 20-25 team this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Love Ed Richards, he would be great next to Naicos.

What about Deven Robertson? The 22-year-old re-committed to the Club for two years to remain at the Lions until the end of 2025 season.

We need:
  • Key defender
  • developing Key forwards (too hard to get ready made this off season i think)
  • inside mid
  • Half back runner. Markov and Noble are solid foot soldiers to have but we need an upgrade premier one, not Caleb Daniel though, dont rate him

What about Deven Robertson? The 22-year-old re-committed to the Club for two years to remain at the Lions until the end of 2025 season.
Probably more likely head to WA if he leaves. Which he should he'll be further down the pecking order soon

Sam Berry is a target for the midfield. AJ has interest from ADEL considering Walker won't get another year from them.

Yes, Keane will request a trade to Pies as well.
What local league is ADEL playing in?
I’m for one very curious to see how this deal plays out for both parties. Season ticket and a few tickets to the ladies lunch sounds like a reasonable return

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Berry is a target for the midfield. AJ has interest from ADEL considering Walker won't get another year from them.

Nice to see you taking a break from atrocious misogynistic and racist comments on Twitter that you subsequently blame on boozing too much to revisit us briefly.

We need:
  • Key defender
  • developing Key forwards (too hard to get ready made this off season i think)
  • inside mid
  • Half back runner. Markov and Noble are solid foot soldiers to have but we need an upgrade premier one, not Caleb Daniel though, dont rate him
I think Josh will stay back. But we need another couple of runners.That's what I'd chase in terms of mature players. Parker or Richards might be able to do it next year if we're lucky.

Other than that chase kids and hope we have a good injury run. KF are fine for now if Checkers and McStay stay fit. Same with mids if we get Mitchell and Jordy back. Howe and Moore will still be good. Need one of Eyre, Frampton or Dean to nail a spot.

Personnel wise, other than injuries. I think our drop off has primarily been runners which has screwed our whole ground defence and transition. Markov has fallen off a cliff. WHE has had to play forward due to injuries there. Sidey has fallen a level. Noble is struggling and flawed. Lippa is struggling and flawed.

Last edited:
When I arrived at the G on Saturday night, I noticed Derek Hine keeping a close eye on the last quarter of the Adelaide vs Geelong match. Didn't want to bother him, but I wonder if he liked what he saw.

We missed the boat with Ed Richards -

Has he also had concussion issues?

Is this true? Wouldn’t make sense for them to discard a club legend and bring trade in a significantly worse player

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back