List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Is AJ as bad as all that? Seems as though he was pretty good and then went backwards. Likely mental health issues which impacted on motivation. May well miss SA so going back there be good for him
I’d trade him for the cap space in a heartbeat. With the way he plays, he’d need two goals every week to be AFL standard. He’s not good enough, unfortunately

What would we give up to bring in Berry + Keene?

Surely not a f1?!

I’m also wary of using either 24/25 2nd rounders as I like to use both this year to move up to grab one of Richmond’s later 1st rounders to pick a KP or mid slider

I’d trade him for the cap space in a heartbeat. With the way he plays, he’d need two goals every week to be AFL standard. He’s not good enough, unfortunately
If the Crows are keen and AJ wants to go, definitely trade him as part of the Keane trade.

Just thinking of low-cost options for this year. Cumming is the obvious one, fills a need in the right age group and could be had for cap-space alone if he could be convinced. Can't have two of Noble and Markov playing as rebound defenders in the same team ever again... With Cummings pace and ball use we could model his game on a first year Nick Daicos.

Otherwise:

Has Will Phillips shown anything at all aside from a reasonable job of tagging Daicos? Could probably be had for one of our 3rds, but perhaps I'm just being seduced by his original draft ranking... If he's shown glimpses that are clearly better than our paltry 'up and comer' inside mid roster of Fin, Long and Bytel then I'd be all over him for the right price. Draft profile had him as a strong inside mid and he wont get a look in at the Kangas.

Something about paying up for Keane who we already had on our list rubs me the wrong way, but if he could be had for a 3rd round pick I'd probably do it, as would fill Murphy's void (to a point) relatively cheaply. A second round pick and I wouldn't do it in this draft.

Bergman from Port apparently open to coming back to Melbourne, and heard reports that we were interested a year or so ago. Would have to involve our future first I imagine. If we were to get back into the top 4-6 next year the value would be about right. But given our track record, would be a potentially catastrophic roll of the dice. Best case we pay about the right value, worst case it's another Callaghan for McMahon/Poulter type trade...

If we think we're capable of re-loading for one final crack next year while Pendles, Howe, Elliot etc are still playing together, it's these younger types that are ready and fill a hole from day 1 that will get us there, all while refreshing the age profile of our list.

Last edited:
Nice to see you taking a break from atrocious misogynistic and racist comments on Twitter that you subsequently blame on boozing too much to revisit us briefly.
I was hacked about 2 or so months ago. Tried to get Twitter to reverse it/ review it and they found nothing wrong with anything on the account despite a new (fake) email put on the detail of the account. I just decided to leave it all together.

What would we give up to bring in Berry + Keene?

Surely not a f1?!

I’m also wary of using either 24/25 2nd rounders as I like to use both this year to move up to grab one of Richmond’s later 1st rounders to pick a KP or mid slider
Is Noble from Adelaide?

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was hacked about 2 or so months ago. Tried to get Twitter to reverse it/ review it and they found nothing wrong with anything on the account despite a new (fake) email put on the detail of the account. I just decided to leave it all together.
I thought as much. Some of the stuff is ... wow, very unlike what you generally had previously tweeted.

Could Ed Richards be a target next season? He is a restricted free agent in 2025.

His value has sky rocketed this season so it makes you think whether the bulldogs would have budgeted for that.

Obviously the historic family ties with the player, but he would be a great addition to the midfield group and be a long-term line breaking player in that position, like we have had with Crisp over the last several years.
Much prefer Richards over Smith

A few points really stood out
  • bucks et al wanting to trade Grundy but overruled by Eddie (wow)
  • “There’s been a certain gung-ho attitude to Collingwood’s trading, which seems to be based on getting the deals done regardless of cost, rather than haggling for worth.”

We do need some young quality talent coming through
Hopefully we can add either or both of a KP and mid this year to Tom in 2025 which would make our youth / talent profile look a lot stronger

Was referring to everyone OOC, as he mentioned in his presser.
I listened to his presser. Clearly referring to players who have to wait on contracts until the end of the year.
The fringe players.

I listened to his presser. Clearly referring to players who have to wait on contracts until the end of the year.
The fringe players.
Sidey is also in that boat. Prob the only senior player. But 90% of our OOC is fringe players, yes.

I thought as much. Some of the stuff is ... wow, very unlike what you generally had previously tweeted.

Nah, it's very similar. If the same tone and verbiage doesn't sway you, check the format of the posts. Small sentence, then paragraph break, then second sentence. Same thing both before and after the "hack".

He had his drunken meltdown where he said all the awful stuff which he apologised for (which was pre-hack), then just seemed to say "**** it" and go full villain. Not fooling anyone. ;)

Sidey is also in that boat. Prob the only senior player. But 90% of our OOC is fringe players, yes.
Point is, it’s not worthy of a stand alone article. Just click bait.
Every list has players who have to wait until the very end to find out if they get a contract.

Steele is not one of those.

A contract decision will be made much sooner than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back