List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Begg doesnt have the talent to play on the wing or on ball

i would give him 1 more year, place him in a key defensive role and then leave him there for the year. see if he can blossom into that role. for a big man, he is gifted athletically
Agree playing off half back develop him as intercept defender hopefully a Murphy type ( he same kamikazee appraach to the ball :p )

Agree but he’s never had an opportunity for a sustained run in either position with the incessant injuries to our Rucks over 2 seasons.
He’s such a unique athlete that we should give him an opportunity for success in a role he could thrive in.
He’s really not

You weren't even the one who suggested he play wing.

You seem to have misinterpreted my replies..and the non existent tone 🙄
Is wing a realistic option for him?

If he has competitiveness and an adequate tank, his marking shouldn't be as much of an issue if you confine his role to getting back in defence to assist with aerial contests. Anything he marks forward of the ball would be a bonus.

You would need to factor in the inherent advantages he would have as a wing against other wings and determine whether the risk is worth it. His marking may not be such an issue if he's lining up on someone who's more of a traditional wing and shorter than him.

Pending Friday night's result, the final 2 games could be an opportunity to see what potential he has to play in a particular position which he might not have otherwise played in previously.
Wasn't I?

Even if I wasn't the first to suggest it, your dismissiveness and self-perceived superiority was clearly apparent.

Wasn't I?

Even if I wasn't the first to suggest it, your dismissiveness and self-perceived superiority was clearly apparent.
What? I merely said he was out injured for the year. As did other posters.

I believe manicpie first suggested he play wing. That's who I was thinking of in reference to playing wing.

Not sure how you get superiority vibes out of saying a player is out for the year.

What? I merely said he was out injured for the year. As did other posters.

I believe manicpie first suggested he play wing. That's who I was thinking of in reference to playing wing.

Not sure how you get superiority vibes out of saying a player is out for the year.
I thought the joke was anyone suggesting he could play wing in the first place 🥴
It was more the above, not the injury comment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee I hate the "why would we recruit a 30+ year old" debate when it comes to players like Haynes.

If they're best 23 for the next year or two, and they're cheap, you take them. He'd also offer lots of experience to the likes of TJ. It's when they're 30 plus and no good that it doesn't make sense.

Gee I hate the "why would we recruit a 30+ year old" debate when it comes to players like Haynes.

If they're best 23 for the next year or two, and they're cheap, you take them. He'd also offer lots of experience to the likes of TJ. It's when they're 30 plus and no good that it doesn't make sense.
I’d happily take him. With more luck on the injury front next year we can def contend again. Will have an easier draw (well should)

Jen,

Was Murphy's spot taken by someone?

CC
As the list spot yes, but not on the senior list. That spot became Long/Smit, but given those two were in the MSD, they go to the rookie list not the senior list.
So come end of the year, the primary/rookie lists will need to be evened out. So we currently have 1 spare senior spot going into the trade/draft.

If that makes sense.

Murphy and Carmichael how do they fit into the equation.
Carmichael's spot gets taken by Smit given we have him on a 18 month contract (end of 2025) But we would still be 1 over the allowed limit of 6 rookies unless we delist or promote someone
Murphy's senior list spot is vacant, so thats one spot available heading to the end of the year.

We went in with minimum senior list size of 36 this year. Steene was a late promotion.

38 is the maximum. With Murphy’s retirement that gives us 3 senior spots available. This meets the requirement to have 3 senior spots entering the national draft.

After ssp and the midseason draft we have 8 rookies. Carmichael’s retirement sees that drop to 7, which is still 1 above the maximum of 6.

Two of that 6 maximum rookies can be either senior or rookie listed though for a total list size of 42, which is where we currently sit (Murphy, Carmichael > Smit, Long).

Essentially we need to delist/retire a further 3 players (seniors or rookies) this off-season.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back