List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Stolen from Nicks board:

Post by Pies2016 Ā» Tue Aug 06, 2024 9:32 pm

Hereā€™s a little draft tit bit to keep an eye on.
I was talking to one of Sandy Dragons line coaches the other day. He was telling me Collingwood had recently contacted him to enquire about the characters of a number of their high end draft prospects (Luke Trainor, Harry Armstrong who are both talls AND OTHERS)
I joked as to why would they bother asking about early picks when they donā€™t currently have one. His response was ā€œ I hear theyā€™re talking with the Swans ā€˜. The Swans currently have #18 ( fluid ) and #19 ( fixed ) and the inference is the Swans may be prepared to trade out one of those picks for something reasonable in return ( likely includes either our future first rounder or a player )
This is not to say Collingwood have locked in a Dragons prospect, itā€™s more about the possibility of them having an interest in securing a late first round pick. What they would do with it, becomes a whole new conversation.
Something reasonable better not be our future first šŸ˜‚

Going to have to package up something else with that pick for Armstrong or Trainor imo.

Itā€™s not worth that much salt but a mate of mine who plays VFL reckons Haynes is the best player in the league not getting a regular game at his side. Dominates that level.

Given we lost Murphyā€™s value to the abyss, I donā€™t reckon itā€™s a backwards move to boost depth in that position for a year or two if the club believes that can still compete

Given weā€™re probably getting Keane, I doubt weā€™re interested though

WHE has been very good..his versatility makes him invaluable to us IMO.,,would have his magnet on the board now every week if available
The Hyphen is like a cat. His skill is next level.

I don't think he could play wing. Imo. He looks puffed playing ruck.

Call me crazy, but I'd prefer us to recruit a wingman than try to make a wingman out of a mediocre VFL ruckman who doesn't look to have good endurance or disposal. Hell, I'd prefer us to re-recruit Madgen to play on the wing if it's a choice between Madgen and Begg to replace Sidey.

Gee I hate the "why would we recruit a 30+ year old" debate when it comes to players like Haynes.

If they're best 23 for the next year or two, and they're cheap, you take them. He'd also offer lots of experience to the likes of TJ. It's when they're 30 plus and no good that it doesn't make sense.
People had the same reaction when we recruited Dunn, saying we needed a full rebuild. Instantly became the best 1v1 defender in the league once he got a second chance at senior level. Weā€™d have killed to have him fit at the end of 2018.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats the go with Joe Richards?
Looks to me like he may be going to be used as trade bait to maybe nab another 2nd round pick? Then do we look to trade up the draft order into the 1st round packaging our 2nd picks?
It might be Joe, it might not - but we'll need to give something if we want to improve our draft hand and with limited spots on the list, the club might consider trading out a couple / few players if the price is right to provide drafting / list flexibility

Some names we mightn't like to see go

Itā€™s not worth that much salt but a mate of mine who plays VFL reckons Haynes is the best player in the league not getting a regular game at his side. Dominates that level.

Given we lost Murphyā€™s value to the abyss, I donā€™t reckon itā€™s a backwards move to boost depth in that position for a year or two if the club believes that can still compete

Given weā€™re probably getting Keane, I doubt weā€™re interested though.
Iā€™d prefer Haynes to Keane tbh.

Whats the go with Joe Richards?
Looks to me like he may be going to be used as trade bait to maybe nab another 2nd round pick? Then do we look to trade up the draft order into the 1st round packaging our 2nd picks?
Pity he was ill last time he was named to replace JDG & no VFL game since. His last game was the poor Hawks one. His best games were against Eagles & Dockers.

I suppose he looks the most likely offered up for a trade if there's been interest from other clubs.

Call me crazy, but I'd prefer us to recruit a wingman than try to make a wingman out of a mediocre VFL ruckman who doesn't look to have good endurance or disposal. Hell, I'd prefer us to re-recruit Madgen to play on the wing if it's a choice between Madgen and Begg to replace Sidey.
Same šŸ¤£

It might be Joe, it might not - but we'll need to give something if we want to improve our draft hand and with limited spots on the list, the club might consider trading out a couple / few players if the price is right to provide drafting / list flexibility

Some names we mightn't like to see go
I reckon if we recruited someone with Joe's skills and game sense we'd be over the moon. So why would we trade him?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back