List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

We don't have much to trade with this year. So we have to very smart.

THE TARGET SHOULD BE LIAM RYAN FROM WEST COAST HE IS GETTABLE MAYBE FUTURE SECOND ROUNDER.
GET HIM PIES.IMAGINE RYAN, HILL, SCHULTZ, ELLIOT MIHOCHEK AND MACSTAY FORWARTD LINE PRETTY DYNAMIC
who's gonna stop that ??????????????

Enough of the list cloggers and NQR players we have enough of them. We have to hope that next year we have a healthy list and have a last crack with this group.
End of 2025 a few will retire and our salary cap opens up. We will not be paying Treloar's salary that ends and a few players will go THEY ARE PLENTY OF FREE AGENTS NEXT NEXT TIME TO SWOOP PIES !
I'd consider him with the view to also have him play mid. Pickett at Melb has made the transition and been dynamic.
Ryan at 10cm taller and a bigger body, with equivalent speed and evasiveness could be even more successful.

You can say the same for Lippa. Has been quiet for a month, but signed a 3 year deal in march until 2027 so doubt a rival is offering him a 5 year deal to move.
Noble not going anywhere either. Players in the best 23 I very doubt will be on the trade table.

Johnson probably, but don't think there will be mass changes. Richards has interested parties.

We need to get more aggressive and decisive in our list management. Nobody outside our Best 23 has trade value greater than a 3rd round pick, which are pretty useless to us. Need to trade Noble and/or Lippa to upgrade our 2nd rounder into a 1st rounder.

Their contracts are not a problem - if the coach says ā€œHey Lippa, weā€™re going in a different direction in 2025 and youā€™re likely to be mostly playing VFLā€ then you can be sure that Lippa will become receptive to a trade.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We need to get more aggressive and decisive in our list management. Nobody outside our Best 23 has trade value greater than a 3rd round pick, which are pretty useless to us. Need to trade Noble and/or Lippa to upgrade our 2nd rounder into a 1st rounder.

Their contracts are not a problem - if the coach says ā€œHey Lippa, weā€™re going in a different direction in 2025 and youā€™re likely to be mostly playing VFLā€ then you can be sure that Lippa will become receptive to a trade.

The problem with that is that I don't think Lippa or Noble have that much value either - we wouldn't get much of an upgrade of our second rounder.

Our VFL team is pox.
Worst in the comp.
Young players when elevated fail to step up.
Trade currency is weak. Iā€™d imagine 3rd rounders? (Re Ryan, McInness, McCrae). Why toss out cheap, unfulfilled potential? Keep our youth.
We need to totally overhaul our VFL program. Brendan McCarthy, Iā€™m seeing a lot on game days? Isnā€™t he meant to be a junior coaching guru? Why isnā€™t he coaching VFL? Josh Fraser needs to get the flick.
Our only players worth anything and not essential to our core are JFN, Lipinski and (maybe) Richards. Theyā€™ll get us 2nd rounders.
Johnson as a swap for Keane? In what universe? Iā€™m looking to dump Johnsonā€™s contract. Iā€™m taking a 4th rounder. Heā€™s tapped out.
Who do we retire? How can we offload them, especially when we donā€™t have youth that can challenge their spots?
I see our only options being UFAs. Our trading position is poor and we donā€™t have much to get into the draft.

Spot on! Too many here overvalue our players, especially our youngsters.

IMO we are over-reliant on too many veterans but have the worst set of U25ā€™s in the competition, so nobody is really pushing out the old blokes, as happens in truly top-tier teams. Thankfully the planets aligned and we snatched a Flag with a list that was already in decline. Iā€™ll be forever grateful.

Unfortunately we lack the picks or tradeable players to fix it this year but need to get cracking coz we need to rebuild before Tassie enters the competition and monopolises the Draft and free-agent market.

Jack Lukosious on the outer at the GC.
We should target.
Would be a fantastic addition.
Any mobile height on our forward line would be very welcome.

he would still be under contract on decent coin, imagine if we could do a deal like Geelong did when they took on Bowes contract and also got pick 7
but things dont happen like that for us, we tend to get bent over in trade deals

he would still be under contract on decent coin, imagine if we could do a deal like Geelong did when they took on Bowes contract and also got pick 7
but things dont happen like that for us, we tend to get bent over in trade deals

They have enough money to bring in Rioli or would have of dusty left so implies the cap isnā€™t good had that they would again offload players for cap room.
So canā€™t see that happening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm starting to think we need to look creatively at the list much like Geel with Stewart, and move established players to positions of need.
To that end I really liked IQ up the ground against the Swans, his speed and power could make him an excellent mid.
Similarly Maynard, but I doubt we move 2 pivotal defensive pegs.
I think Ryan in the VFL is starting to show his potential - is good on both side, can intercept, and has good pace, making him a logical IQ replacement.
McCreery - we need to give him concerted midtime and experience. I don't have concerns about his lack of one touch, because his other attributes more than compensate
Sidey as a tagger was another revelation.
Pendlebury fwd - with his smarts and leadership we could become even more potent in fwd setups and organization,

The way Mitchell swings around his team, is a powerful weapon. Shifting Hardwick foward in the First game almost won them the game. Similarly his use of Day and Weddle.
Positional flexibility ensures we keep the opposition guessing and to that end, we should be at least testing players in new positions over the preseason eg Moore fwd, Brodie back, Reef mid/hb, Eyre fwd/back.

The problem with that is that I don't think Lippa or Noble have that much value either - we wouldn't get much of an upgrade of our second rounder.
Especially if weā€™re looking to move them on. We got bugger all for the contracted Treloar, Stephenson, Phillips, Grundy, Adams, Ginnivanā€¦

Yeah, didnā€™t he come here because he didnā€™t like playing in defence at Melbourne and we promised to play him forward?
That was supposedly part of the sales pitch, but honestly I think heā€™d have come regardless. Playing for the club he grew up fanatical about under a coach he idolised must have been much more appealing than staying at the basket case that Melbourne was at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have enough money to bring in Rioli or would have of dusty left so implies the cap isnā€™t good had that they would again offload players for cap room.
So canā€™t see that happening

good point
but he has signed until the end of 2026, clearly they think he is not in their best 22 anymore
time to have a word with him
if we could nab him for a 2nd rounder, i would jump at that

im sure the Crows will be right into him

good point
but he has signed until the end of 2026, clearly they think he is not in their best 22 anymore
time to have a word with him
if we could nab him for a 2nd rounder, i would jump at that

im sure the Crows will be right into him

Letā€™s not jump to conclusions. Was dropped once in 6 years. Heā€™s a bit out of form, doesnā€™t mean he is looking to move on. He just has to toughen up and improve his game.

Yes, youā€™re right, but perhaps some of the least experienced teams would be interested in them - Kangas, Weagles, GC? Really, Iā€™m clutching at straws. Our list has gone over the cliff and we look pretty screwed.

We don't have much to trade with this year. So we have to very smart.

THE TARGET SHOULD BE LIAM RYAN FROM WEST COAST HE IS GETTABLE MAYBE FUTURE SECOND ROUNDER.
GET HIM PIES.IMAGINE RYAN, HILL, SCHULTZ, ELLIOT MIHOCHEK AND MACSTAY FORWARTD LINE PRETTY DYNAMIC
who's gonna stop that ??????????????

Enough of the list cloggers and NQR players we have enough of them. We have to hope that next year we have a healthy list and have a last crack with this group.
End of 2025 a few will retire and our salary cap opens up. We will not be paying Treloar's salary that ends and a few players will go THEY ARE PLENTY OF FREE AGENTS NEXT NEXT TIME TO SWOOP PIES !
This would be Collingwood trolling themselves with such a move.

Jack Lukosious on the outer at the GC.
We should target.
Would be a fantastic addition.
Any mobile height on our forward line would be very welcome.

Yeah I think I mentioned him earlier in the thread.

I'd be more than happy to bring in Lukosius during what should be a "bad" off-season for us.

Play him as a true swingman or just leave him forward if he wants given we have Frampton, Moore, Eyre and Dean down back.

i'm starting to think we need to look creatively at the list much like Geel with Stewart, and move established players to positions of need.
To that end I really liked IQ up the ground against the Swans, his speed and power could make him an excellent mid.
Similarly Maynard, but I doubt we move 2 pivotal defensive pegs.
I think Ryan in the VFL is starting to show his potential - is good on both side, can intercept, and has good pace, making him a logical IQ replacement.
McCreery - we need to give him concerted midtime and experience. I don't have concerns about his lack of one touch, because his other attributes more than compensate
Sidey as a tagger was another revelation.
Pendlebury fwd - with his smarts and leadership we could become even more potent in fwd setups and organization,

The way Mitchell swings around his team, is a powerful weapon. Shifting Hardwick foward in the First game almost won them the game. Similarly his use of Day and Weddle.
Positional flexibility ensures we keep the opposition guessing and to that end, we should be at least testing players in new positions over the preseason eg Moore fwd, Brodie back, Reef mid/hb, Eyre fwd/back.

I often disagree with you Spinny but am on board with this thinking. If we lack the picks and tradeable players to significantly upgrade our list then we need to get creative to extract greater performance from within our existing squad. 3 or 4 significant role changes over summer might be the trick.

Interesting reading.

Iā€™d argue the way to improve talent under age of 25 is to trade more inā€¦. Not trade out what talent there is

Pies have 3 picks between 30 and 50ā€¦ and a suite of future picksā€¦ that they could on trade to jump up draft order a little

But Iā€™m of the opinion that better off getting mature age, role playing talent in with those picks than going all in with the clubs picksā€¦ upgrading them to pick 20 and going in on an 18 year old who is outside of the first 10-15 of the draft

Unless elite talentā€¦ the pies donā€™t need anymore under 21 playersā€¦ trading borderline best 22, VFL talent in the 22-25 year old bracket would be better for list balance and options for 2025

I often disagree with you Spinny but am on board with this thinking. If we lack the picks and tradeable players to significantly upgrade our list then we need to get creative to extract greater performance from within our existing squad. 3 or 4 significant role changes over summer might be the trick.

Bruz as a midfield bull would be immense

Bruz as a midfield bull would be immense

They attempted a few years back but never came to fruition. I donā€™t see that suddenly changing now he is almost 28. Prob missed the boat with that

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back