List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Spot on! Too many here overvalue our players, especially our youngsters.

IMO we are over-reliant on too many veterans but have the worst set of U25’s in the competition, so nobody is really pushing out the old blokes, as happens in truly top-tier teams. Thankfully the planets aligned and we snatched a Flag with a list that was already in decline. I’ll be forever grateful.

Unfortunately we lack the picks or tradeable players to fix it this year but need to get cracking coz we need to rebuild before Tassie enters the competition and monopolises the Draft and free-agent market.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Hawthorn are set to dominate (again),
Fly needs to stop trying being mates with everybody and mark his ground. He’s the boss. It’s his turf. He needs to call the shots. Starting with the mess in the VFL. He needs to be the one having the tough conversations. With players and coaching staff alike.
As a Premiership coach, he has rank.
It’s time he use it.
Malthouse was a hard-arse. It was his club and the players still loved him. Alpha male sportsmen respect other alphas.

When the rumours (or was it from Trac's own mouth?) that his partner and family were very concerned with how his situation was handled, I reckon we all dared to dream that they'd milk that for all its worth and he'd come across, even slightly cheaper than market value.

Unfortunately there's no way he'll leave. But next year watch us trade 3 first rounders for him lol

There’s so pretty awful decisions they’ve pointed out in there
  • Non decision on Wright
  • Relationships
  • Kelly
etc

It’s amazing how we go from the euphoria of 2023 to where we are on and off field at the moment
Caro's been banging on about this off field stuff since our 0-3 start to the season. She'll be frothing over changes in any off field positions to emphasise how right she was 🙄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club deserves all the criticism it gets in this space. It reeked of arrogance all year how it was handled from the top and it’s resulted in a wasted season. And considering the quality of the teams in the league this year, good chance it wasted our last genuine push for a flag with this group
So management ruined our season not injuries - ok then

he's already taken on that responsibility whilst GW's been on leave

So he'll take the reigns of the biggest club in the country, in an absolutely vital role with 3 quarters of the year as a stand in as experience, not including one trade/draft period. This is a bloke who came to the club as a coach, not someone involved in list management or recruiting. Leppa seems like a guy with a brilliant football brain but you need more than a football brain in this role. But when I said I'm not sure, I meant it, it could be a great move. The best person for the job might happen to be already at the club working as an assistant coach, and this might be his calling, so I'm course hoping for the best.

There’s so pretty awful decisions they’ve pointed out in there
  • Non decision on Wright
  • Relationships
  • Kelly
etc
It’s amazing how we go from the euphoria of 2023 to where we are on and off field at the moment
That's Collingwood for you - win a flag then stink it up

1958 - 32 years
1990 - 20 years
2010 - the "succession plan" 😡
2023 - Wright, Kelly
, Bolton, looking like crappy trades etc

We've learned to enjoy our occasional flag because we don't do dynasties

That's Collingwood for you - win a flag then stink it up

1958 - 32 years
1990 - 20 years
2010 - the "succession plan" 😡
2023 - Wright, Kelly
, Bolton, looking like crappy trades etc

We've learned to enjoy our occasional flag because we don't do dynasties
If dynasties could be planned everybody would be doing it.

It’s usually bottom feeding for years and if lucky, you score a core group of young guns, the dynasty is built on.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back