List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Caro said he'll stay and go into list management
Wrighty has accepted a gig in Venice - not coming back to Pies

Katharine Hepburn Travel GIF by Turner Classic Movies

If dynasties could be planned everybody would be doing it.

It’s usually bottom feeding for years and if lucky, you score a core group of young guns, the dynasty is built on.
Our last B2B was 90? years ago

Other clubs have at least managed some B2Bs

Why hasn't Collingwood been able to do so since before WW 2?

2011 was prime example of a self inflicted stuff up in this regard - our 2010 team was the youngest premiership team for quite some time

Wanted to Quit last year

And should have accepted his resignation and moved on with a permanent replacement and not have to move everyone else around to accommodate someone who was never really coming back.
He is going to the Tasmanian club, it was known awhile ago this would be happening, and again a mind boggling situation created by us this season that didn't have to be.
Some decisions by the club this season, whether on field or off field have been head scratching. It's been one of those seasons ...

There’s so pretty awful decisions they’ve pointed out in there
  • Non decision on Wright
  • Relationships
  • Kelly
etc

It’s amazing how we go from the euphoria of 2023 to where we are on and off field at the moment

Interim board set up a best practice panel to hire Fly and his assistants.

Brown came in an old fashioned takeover style

Old fashioned Eddie style appointment of Kelly

This weirdness straight after a flag.

Bring back Korda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade IQ, future 1st rounder and bring a 3rd club into the trade for Trac.

Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF
So this is what I don’t get…we trade Treloar for not much and pay per of his salary. We trade Grundy for less and pay per of his salary…why would be trade that much for Petracca if he doesn’t want to be there? He’s missed a bit of footy and has not been performing at his elite best.

Caro said he'll stay and go into list management
I’m just catching up on it now, I swear I saw an article prior to Classified that said Leppa was going..

Small forwards is not what we're lacking.

We need quality midfielders to help Nick.

You can have all the best forwards & defenders in the comp, but if you can't get it out of the middle, win the clearances & stoppages, it means nothing.
Yeah, the midfielders coming through look ordinary. Unless we can find an existing young player to move mid and be an unexpected revelation (like Rivers, Durham), it’s a real concern.

Yeah, the midfielders coming through look ordinary. Unless we can find an existing young player to move mid and be an unexpected revelation (like Rivers, Durham), it’s a real concern.

I have thought about lack of midfield depth a little more and It feels like every other club has midfielders in waiting playing in half back/half forward type roles. It is not that they are plucking them out of their VFL side like we seem to have to.

We seem to have gone down the specific role player path, forward and back which has hampered the depth quality in midfield. When we have experienced injuries this year, instead of having that half back like a Rivers/Richards or a half forward/winger like a Durham to shift in there, we have had to bring in guys from the VFL to play heavy midfield minutes.

Beau physically profiles as someone who could potentially play midfield, but I am not sure if he can find enough of the footy. Maynard has always been someone that I have thought could be good in there, but we have rarely considered throwing him in there. Does Quaynor have midfield potential? We just don't seem to have many options to move in there.

It makes sense in a perfect world with no injuries, but the role player strategy is perhaps more susceptible to injuries.

Beau physically profiles as someone who could potentially play midfield,
I’d really them to commit to this over the off / pre season

There’s still so many holes, but as No Spin said, we need to replenish certain areas of the ground with diff players - and they are of real importance

So he'll take the reins of the biggest club in the country, in an absolutely vital role with 3 quarters of the year as a stand in as experience, not including one trade/draft period. This is a bloke who came to the club as a coach, not someone involved in list management or recruiting. Leppa seems like a guy with a brilliant football brain but you need more than a football brain in this role. But when I said I'm not sure, I meant it, it could be a great move. The best person for the job might happen to be already at the club working as an assistant coach, and this might be his calling, so I'm course hoping for the best.
If Geelong can have Mackie, I’m sure we can cope with Leppa

So this is what I don’t get…we trade Treloar for not much and pay per of his salary. We trade Grundy for less and pay per of his salary…why would be trade that much for Petracca if he doesn’t want to be there? He’s missed a bit of footy and has not been performing at his elite best.
Because he’s contracted and Melbourne want to keep him whereas Grundy and Treloar were salary dumps. It’s really not that hard to understand.

Plus there is 5 years of a big contract remaining. If he was to move to another club, negotiations regarding the new club taking on over $1M a year would have to enter the trade negotiations.
If he left the Dees, that would give them massive salary cap space. They could poach out a couple of free agent stars...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back