List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

You said Geel had “ AFL quality potential ” - but did not mention any names.
My list was referring those anonymous players, which I could just as easily dismiss as you have the players I mentioned.
Fair, the ones I was thinking of were Clarke (15 games this year), Conway (5games), Neale (11 games), Mullin (9 games). I don't watch their VFL games so was going purely on AFL.

Fair, the ones I was thinking of were Clarke (15 games this year), Conway (5games), Neale (11 games), Mullin (9 games). I don't watch their VFL games so was going purely on AFL.
Cats do have some solid talent coming through, although they’ll have a fair few retirements on the way this year too. A lot of old timers there too

I’d love our club to take more risks on troubled players similar to Geelong. I don’t think we even considered Hogan, how handy would he have been the last 3 years for us?

The problem with taking a flyer on Oliver is his fat contract. Sure you’ll get Melbourne to pay a little but your stuck with him for 6 years at a relatively high number
We couldn't afford Hogan in 2020. We were having a fire sale so we could get under the salary cap for 2021. How many troubled players has Geelong taking on lately. I can only remember Stengle and Geelong have their hands full down here with him.

We will be active again this trade period, reckon there will be alot of activity. Heaps of names thrown up already and always a few that bob up late.
With our mountain of picks of course? Not to mention list spots..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trac is a pipe-dream. They desperately want to keep him and will demand a King’s ransom in picks to get him. By contrast, I reckon Dees are sick of Clarry and he’s sick of them. Both club and player need a fresh start.

There’s a deal to be done there for a club willing to take the risk. Given our weak draft hand, I reckon this is the sort of risk/return deal we need to go looking for.

Imagine if Oliver could get back near his best? He’d be a big upgrade on Mitchell. The Daicos bros and DeGoey would feast on his clearances.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He’s a shit-bloke.
No.

We need him to publicly declare that he wants to come to Collingwood, otherwise Richmond will be able to easily outbid us at the trade table.

Hobbs situation was described on radio today as similar to that of Macrae. Fallen several rungs and has been overtaken by others. Hasn't taken his chances when presented and struggled with clearances and kicking. However they stated he had plenty of upside and was then likened to Taylor Adams. So now I am totally confused

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Latest Trac rumour (not sourced🤣) I heard was he was in Noosa for five weeks and Melbourne couldn’t get him back that’s where all this started. Also heard he has met with North.

Unconfirmed but if Noosa is true then I would say he is gone. Based on past rumours if he stays I expect Oliver will be gone.

Interesting to see how this develops because it seems a fractured club right now.

Remember last trade period and early season the media were running with Oliver is done at the club.

Melbourne have to say they are contracted players and required for trade value and brand image with supporters.

Fly stirring the pot is classic 🤣

Met with Norf? WTF...

Hobbs situation was described on radio today as similar to that of Macrae. Fallen several rungs and has been overtaken by others. Hasn't taken his chances when presented and struggled with clearances and kicking. However they stated he had plenty of upside and was then likened to Taylor Adams. So now I am totally confused

Not sure thats a glowing endorsement lol

Reported that all of our current 9 x 30+ year olds will play on next year with Sidebottom being offered a contract for next year. This is quite poor

Agreed…
However, back in the 80s, Hawks had players of the caliber of Knights, Buckenara, Schwab, Eade running around in the reserves. They had a powerhouse reserve and senior team. I’m ok with old boys being on one year contracts and not being selected on reputation. If they can help VFL development, this will be great!
Sidebottom mentoring Allen/DiMattia; Howe mentoring Jiath/Ryan; Cox mentoring Smit. Pendlebury, basically being a playing coach.
This could be really good if done properly.

It seems like it's Finn, Richard's and Reef who could be out the door.
Parker for Richard's after 40 seconds with 2 rounds to go?
I Hope Fly and the club know what they are doing.
Pre 23 was 100% winning trade period.
Last year is yet to deliver for numerous reasons, including injuries to the team and the short pre season.
As usual it's hoping vs Hope.
I have Hope in Reef and Richard's.
Hoping if we trade all 3 then our bang for buck is great for us and the 3 players door's don't hit our arse over the next few seasons...
Poulter comes to mind in a way ..
Still yet to fully get there but his improvement has been impressive

It seems like it's Finn, Richard's and Reef who could be out the door.
Parker for Richard's after 40 seconds with 2 rounds to go?
I Hope Fly and the club know what they are doing.
Pre 23 was 100% winning trade period.
Last year is yet to deliver for numerous reasons, including injuries to the team and the short pre season.
As usual it's hoping vs Hope.
I have Hope in Reef and Richard's.
Hoping if we trade all 3 then our bang for buck is great for us and the 3 players door's don't hit our arse over the next few seasons...
Poulter comes to mind in a way ..
Still yet to fully get there but his improvement has been impressive

Problem with all of them is we haven't given any a real crack this year so we're selling low

I don't see why Clarry couldn't come to us and be surrounded with a fantastic culture and rediscover his best form. Melbourne outside of Gawn (who I don't think is a strong leader), Viney, Truck, Lever etc is an absolute basket case.

It's not like we're talking about some c-grade midfielder, only 24 months ago he was one of the best midfielders in the comp.

At the price we'd have to pay in comparison to Truck to get him, plus the space we'd also have available in our cap, the cost opportunity is perfect to take a huge gamble on getting Clarry right.

I don't see how a huge preseason and getting his niggles right won't do him the absolute world of good.

Could you imagine Clarry at 90% of his best dishing it out to Daicos as a receiver. Literally salivating
Thinking more about the headlines when he stuffs up

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back