List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

It seems like it's Finn, Richard's and Reef who could be out the door.
Parker for Richard's after 40 seconds with 2 rounds to go?
I Hope Fly and the club know what they are doing.
Pre 23 was 100% winning trade period.
Last year is yet to deliver for numerous reasons, including injuries to the team and the short pre season.
As usual it's hoping vs Hope.
I have Hope in Reef and Richard's.
Hoping if we trade all 3 then our bang for buck is great for us and the 3 players door's don't hit our arse over the next few seasons...
Poulter comes to mind in a way ..
Still yet to fully get there but his improvement has been impressive
Richards not Richard’s.

Agreed…
However, back in the 80s, Hawks had players of the caliber of Knights, Buckenara, Schwab, Eade running around in the reserves. They had a powerhouse reserve and senior team. I’m ok with old boys being on one year contracts and not being selected on reputation. If they can help VFL development, this will be great!
Sidebottom mentoring Allen/DiMattia; Howe mentoring Jiath/Ryan; Cox mentoring Smit. Pendlebury, basically being a playing coach.
This could be really good if done properly.
Agree. Great example. Sorry. I see half the post I posted is missing. What I stated that it is poor that we really haven't had many in the VFL standout and press for games and putting pressure on the incumbents. We need their experience in both AFL and VFL to bring our youngsters on. We are not in a position to replace like for like. However I am not totally convinced that Titch and/or Elliott will go on next year

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree. Great example. Sorry. I see half the post I posted is missing. What I stated that it is poor that we really haven't had many in the VFL standout and press for games and putting pressure on the incumbents. We need their experience in both AFL and VFL to bring our youngsters on. We are not in a position to replace like for like. However I am not totally convinced that Titch and/or Elliott will go on next year

There have been some pretty consistent performers at VFl, but they get a game in the AFL and then are dropped.

Sullivan was lucky to last as long as he did. But probably the best performers have been Bytel (who is getting a gig) and Macrae and Reef. The last two…..

I reckon Elliot is cooked. He’s played in pain for many, many years.
Mitchell is driven. Really driven. Out of all 30+ yr/olds we have, he’s the one I’d tip to bounce back the hardest.

Only person we trade a future 1st for is Trac.

Dees - Trac
Pies - Future 1st + Reef + Hawks 2nd.

Might not be enough well it probably isn't, Trac digs in anything could happen.

They did him dirty, I'm not sure they want more drama.

Only person we trade a future 1st for is Trac.

Dees - Trac
Pies - Future 1st + Reef + Hawks 2nd.

Might not be enough well it probably isn't, Trac digs in anything could happen.

They did him dirty, I'm not sure they want more drama.

I think it would probably have to look more like this...

Dees - Trac
Pies - Future 1st + Quaynor + McCreery + Hawks 2nd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it would probably have to look more like this...

Dees - Trac
Pies - Future 1st + Quaynor + McCreery + Hawks 2nd

I actually think they would have more interest in Reef then McCreery.

The strange thing about delisting Poulter is that he showed plenty of talent, albeit mixed with inconsistency and sometimes poor on-field decision-making. But those flaws are quite fixable with experience. Talent-wise, he always had a raking left boot, could run all day and knew how to find the footy. By contrast, to my eye, Fin has only ever shown modest amounts of talent/impact, yet he has a contract for a fifth season with us. We kept the wrong one!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Sounds like Maynard early days

Really? He's 29 next year. We don't even know how well he'll recover from his injury. That's at least 3 young players we'd be giving up for the unknown.
There are unknowns with any deal. I think the upside far outweighs the risk here. Geelong paid three first rounders for Jeremy Cameron when he was 28.

We’re losing a couple of youngsters but that could open up spots for other youngsters to break through that mightn’t have. 2025 first was likely gonna be used on McGuane anyways. Not a fan of giving up future picks for speculative picks like Poulter and McMahon but I’d definitely make the exception for Petracca.

Given we’re extending our veterans we should make a play at an out and out star to help challenge for next season. We’re not far off but need something to get us over line. Trac might be that.

If it doesn’t work out atleast we get to see the Daicos brothers run around with Trac whilst we’re rebuilding.

There are unknowns with any deal. I think the upside far outweighs the risk here. Geelong paid three first rounders for Jeremy Cameron when he was 28.

We’re losing a couple of youngsters but that could open up spots for other youngsters to break through that mightn’t have. 2025 first was likely gonna be used on McGuane anyways. Not a fan of giving up future picks for speculative picks like Poulter and McMahon but I’d definitely make the exception for Petracca.

Given we’re extending our veterans we should make a play at an out and out star to help challenge for next season. We’re not far off but need something to get us over line. Trac might be that.

If it doesn’t work out atleast we get to see the Daicos brothers run around with Trac whilst we’re rebuilding.
My ideal would be holding out for LDU the following year, topped up with McGuane.

And keep Beau & IQ 😉

I'd hate to see those 2 playing for another club.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back