List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

With our mountain of picks of course? Not to mention list spots..
McStay Hill Mitchell Lipinski Kreuger Cameron Markov Frampton etc did not cost a mountain of picks
Dā€™Ambrosio, Chol Ginnivan Gunston did not cost Hawks a mountain of picks last year
Remember we can trade players out to, not just draft picks

The undervaluing of IQ here is criminal. Still only 24 and he was borderline AA last year. One down year and suddenly heā€™s potential steak knives šŸ¤¦šŸ»

It seems like it's Finn, Richard's and Reef who could be out the door.
Parker for Richard's after 40 seconds with 2 rounds to go?
I Hope Fly and the club know what they are doing.
Pre 23 was 100% winning trade period.
Last year is yet to deliver for numerous reasons, including injuries to the team and the short pre season.
As usual it's hoping vs Hope.
I have Hope in Reef and Richard's.
Hoping if we trade all 3 then our bang for buck is great for us and the 3 players door's don't hit our arse over the next few seasons...
Poulter comes to mind in a way ..
Still yet to fully get there but his improvement has been impressive
Reef and Macrae wonā€™t hurt us if they depart. Richards is likely to be a Stephenson/ Poulter type loss if he goes. Heā€™ll get games and look alright every now and again, but wonā€™t kick on to be a legitimate top 5-10 at another club and was never going to impact at that level for us. HHā€™s ACL has upped the anti on his contract as much as his ability at the top level.

None of them are Ginnivan type moves which was never about his footballing ability. It makes me wonder how some can suggest Oliver is an option for us when we couldnā€™t harness Ginnivan in his time at the club. Heā€™d be a remarkable fit if mentally stable, but heā€™s a nutcaseā€¦

Can Richards just walk to Port or do they have to offer something acceptable to us.

Very strange that we drop Richard after playing him ridiculously for the final 47 sec last week. What sort of messages does that send him? Richards final memories of his season are going to be bitter ones. Not exactly the smartest move if we want to re-sign him.

Meanwhile, a horribly underperforming, bruise-free Pat Lipinski gets selected week after week after weekā€¦..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I want us to keep Reef.

If McRae could bet us a pick in the 30ā€™s that we could package up for pick 20 from GC then Iā€™d do it.
If Finn goes it will be for a packet of chips. We're not getting a second round pick for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Collingwood recruited Oliver, I'd microwave my head.
Surely we wonā€™t. Heā€™d be a disaster for the club, and would come with a ridiculously long contract (even if the Dees had to stump up for some of the $).

Clarry is looking like heā€™s on a similar journey to that of Ben Cousins or even Dayne Beams. Let him be someone elseā€™s problem.

Latest Trac rumour (not sourcedšŸ¤£) I heard was he was in Noosa for five weeks and Melbourne couldnā€™t get him back thatā€™s where all this started. Also heard he has met with North.

Unconfirmed but if Noosa is true then I would say he is gone. Based on past rumours if he stays I expect Oliver will be gone.

Interesting to see how this develops because it seems a fractured club right now.

Remember last trade period and early season the media were running with Oliver is done at the club.

Melbourne have to say they are contracted players and required for trade value and brand image with supporters.

Fly stirring the pot is classic šŸ¤£

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If this was collingwood we'd have that many leaks and articles around it that by the time the trade happens we would have zero bargaining power. Just look at the Grundy treloar Stephenson etc...

Surely we wonā€™t. Heā€™d be a disaster for the club, and would come with a ridiculously long contract (even if the Dees had to stump up for some of the $).

Clarry is looking like heā€™s on a similar journey to that of Ben Cousins or even Dayne Beams. Let him be someone elseā€™s problem.
Just imagine Pendles telling his wife they have a lodger to take care of over the pre-season.

Agreedā€¦
However, back in the 80s, Hawks had players of the caliber of Knights, Buckenara, Schwab, Eade running around in the reserves. They had a powerhouse reserve and senior team. Iā€™m ok with old boys being on one year contracts and not being selected on reputation. If they can help VFL development, this will be great!
Sidebottom mentoring Allen/DiMattia; Howe mentoring Jiath/Ryan; Cox mentoring Smit. Pendlebury, basically being a playing coach.
This could be really good if done properly.

You need to have the talent (read youth) underneath them though and we don't look overly well off in that respect.

Our VFL team is bottom of the ladder and lost to a team who hadn't won a game in over 2 years...

The sub 23yo talent on the list is close to the worst I've seen maybe barring the late 90s.

My ideal would be holding out for LDU the following year, topped up with McGuane.

And keep Beau & IQ šŸ˜‰

I'd hate to see those 2 playing for another club.
LDU would be great. I don't see him leaving NM. He has already come out this year & stated he plans to stay. Moreso, if CP decides he likes NM's prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back