List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Be interesting how much faith the coaching group have in Allan Macrae DeMattia Long Bytel and co to bolster our wafer thin midfield depth?
Trade week will tell us plenty
Would not be surprised if by end of the season Long cements a spot, given his week to week improvement. So we could have 1 less mid spot to fill.

Dodoro has been at Essendon for over 30 years though. Surely the past 20 years since they last won a final can't all be put on an "underachieving list?" Like maybe for a fair chunk of that it's a list that has achieved as much as it was worth.
For the first 10 of those 30 they were perennial contenders and for the last 10 I think they’ve underachieved. That middle 10 all revolved around Sheedy and the doping saga. I get the concerns, but for a practical example they feel like the Cowboys where there’s always hype and they have quality yet can’t deliver. Objectively I think they have a better list than ours…

Last edited:
Keeping all the old blokes around for another years must mean we have some pretty hot irons in the fire for one last dance.

I hope so anyway.

In reality, we’re good health away from finals this year.

Next year, health pending, probably only a few additions from having one last crack.
If we had not been hit by so many injuries this year, I am confident there are plenty of those close losses we would have won, including the 2 draws.

With the closeness of this year's comp, we would have been right up there in the finals this year.

If we had not been hit by so many injuries this year, I am confident there are plenty of those close losses we would have won, including the 2 draws.

With the closeness of this year's comp, we would have been right up there in the finals this year.
I think injuries are a given year to year and it’s about how you deal with them when they hit that matters. For all the injuries we’ve copped in 2024 we had effectively a full list aside from McStay for the first 6 weeks and didn’t cash in.

% is always a good indicator of a teams actual quality and we look poised for a 11-2-10 season with a % of 100 which is a pretty good reflection of a pretty bog average team, IMO.

We're probably delisting Kruegs, so we're looking for a like for like replacement.

Why delist one of the few depth Talls on our list? His best stuff this year was actually pretty good and, let’s be honest, he’s not boring to watch. Something always happens when Freddie’s near the ball!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who are the other clubs with academy picks?
I’m probably missing one, but Adelaide with Walsh and Brisbane with Ashcroft are the others with relevant aligned players and picks that you could possibly move on. I’m not sure where Walsh is now rated, but Brisbane’s pick will likely sit around 15-18 by the time they’re on the clock.

I’m probably missing one, but Adelaide with Walsh and Brisbane with Ashcroft are the others with relevant aligned players and picks that you could possibly move on. I’m not sure where Walsh is now rated, but Brisbane’s pick will likely sit around 15-18 by the time they’re on the clock.
Carlton Campo brothers?

I think injuries are a given year to year and it’s about how you deal with them when they hit that matters. For all the injuries we’ve copped in 2024 we had effectively a full list aside from McStay for the first 6 weeks and didn’t cash in.

% is always a good indicator of a teams actual quality and we look poised for a 11-2-10 season with a % of 100 which is a pretty good reflection of a pretty bog average team, IMO.
Well we'll have to agree to disagree.

Yes, injuries happen to most teams every year. And many of the sides who have come home well towards the end of this year also had a healthy list but they also lost a lot of consecutive matches early in the season.

The difference for us this year was the injuries didn't let up. Every time we got 1-3 back, we lost another 2-3, every single week. There was no opportunity to build any consistency, connection or momentum.

This year was a catastrophe in relation to our injuries, imo..yet we're still chance to make the 8. I don't think we will, but it just proves how a few less injuries could have made a huge difference.

Carlton Campo brothers?
I never trust the hype on SA kids until they play senior footy in their draft year and they’ve played one reserves match each. Whether by design or not I think they’re now rated outside the top 20.

I never trust the hype on SA kids until they play senior footy in their draft year and they’ve played one reserves match each. Whether by design or not I think they’re now rated outside the top 20.
Yeah they have fallen in with the pack lately. Neither are them are now touted as first rounders. Early on one of them was, and the other later. But now, think both in the 25-40 range.

Well we'll have to agree to disagree.

Yes, injuries happen to most teams every year. And many of the sides who have come home well towards the end of this year also had a healthy list but they also lost a lot of consecutive matches early in the season.

The difference for us this year was the injuries didn't let up. Every time we got 1-3 back, we lost another 2-3, every single week. There was no opportunity to build any consistency, connection or momentum.

This year was a catastrophe in relation to our injuries, imo..yet we're still chance to make the 8. I don't think we will, but it just proves how a few less injuries could have made a huge difference.
We can because I’m definitely of the opinion they’re a factor just in other ways, but I’d highlight three matches where injuries were irrelevant and if we were a finals quality team we’d have won.

• Rd 3 against St Kilda only McStay was missing,
  • Rd 16 against GC only McStay, Mitchell, Elliott and Cox were missing and
  • Rd 17 against Essendon the same 4 were missing.

Those three flip to wins, which by ladder position a top 8 team should win with 19 of their best 23 available, and we’re currently outside the top 4 on %…

We can because I’m definitely of the opinion they’re a factor, but I’d highlight three matches where injuries were irrelevant and if we were a finals quality team we’d have won.

• Rd 3 against St Kilda only McStay was missing,
  • Rd 16 against GC only McStay, Mitchell, Elliott and Cox were missing and
  • Rd 17 against Essendon the same 4 were missing.

Those three flip to wins, which by ladder position a top 8 team should win, and we’re currently outside the top 4 on %…
Only?

My point being having multiple players out every single week means those who are playing don't have the consistency or connection because the team has been so unsettled.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back