List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

This feeds back into my earlier point that every team has injuries. Brisbane have had Coleman, McCarthy, Doedee and Ashcroft missing for essentially the whole season. Carlton have gone most of the season without 6-8 of their best ditto the Dogs. GWS have missed Taylor, Kelly, Coniglio and now Riccardi for long stretches. Four missing with one in Cox a borderline best 23 fit is healthy outside of finals.

This feeds back into my earlier point that every team has injuries. Brisbane have had Coleman, McCarthy, Doedee and Ashcroft missing for essentially the whole season. Carlton have gone most of the season without 6-8 of their best ditto the Dogs. GWS have missed Taylor, Kelly, Coniglio and now Riccardi for long stretches. Four missing with one in Cox a borderline best 23 fit is healthy outside of finals.
Yes, they had the same players out for an extended period.

We've had multiple different players out every week.

I agree you can cover injuries for a period of time & still win games. Which we also did. But, in our case the injuries still kept coming.

That's my distinction.

I see you just added Blues... interesting because I think they've been dogshit.

Since Dogs got majority of their players back, they've improved. As have Giants.

Yes, they had the same players out for an extended period.

We've had multiple different players out every week.

That's my distinction.

I see you just added Blues... interesting because I think they've been dogshit.

Since Dogs got majority of their players back, they've improved. As have Giants.
Read back to my first post about us not cashing in when we were healthy up to Rd 6 or when we had reinforcements and dropped winnable games (unlike the Dogs and GWS) we’d be pressing for top 4 despite the injury carryon.

Read back to my first post about us not cashing in when we were healthy up to Rd 6. If we go 6-1 when we had only McStay out just as the Dogs and Giants are currently doing rather than our 3-3-1 start to the season to reiterate we’d be outside the top 4 despite all the carryon over injuries…
Like I said .. a lot of clubs who are now playing well, did not play well in the first part of the season when they had a healthy list.

We went 8 weeks winning 6 matches & 2 draws before our next loss, after our first 3 losses at the start of the year. It very easily could have been a run of 8 wins in a row. Monumental effort with the injuries we were copping during that period, imo.

We didn't start the year well in the first 3 rounds, that's not in dispute.

I just happen to think our injuries had a huge impact on our year.

I don't think we've played well this year, I'm not suggesting that we have. I just think if we hadn't been hit by so many injuries every single week, there's a couple of close games we would have won..and we all know finals games are a different type of game & anything can happen. Particularly with our experience.

But it's not going to happen for us this year anyway.

It's okay. We disagree.

Someone called up sen saying Caleb Marchbank would be at the Pies next year...

Don't shoot the messenger, …
But this is Bigfooty … it’s what we do, so it has to be done …

Turkish shooter Yusuf Dikec is pictured during a training in Ankara

Marchbank?
To do what? Sit in rehab for the duration of his time ala Daniel Wells?

Like I said .. a lot of clubs who are now playing well, did not play well in the first part of the season when they had a healthy list.

We went 8 weeks winning 6 matches & 2 draws before our next loss, after our first 3 losses at the start of the year. It very easily could have been a run of 8 wins in a row. Monumental effort with the injuries we were copping during that period, imo.

We didn't start the year well in the first 3 rounds, that's not in dispute.

I just happen to think our injuries had a huge impact on our year.

I don't think we've played well this year, I'm not suggesting that we have. I just think if we hadn't been hit by so many injuries every single week, there's a couple of close games we would have won..and we all know finals games are a different type of game & anything can happen. Particularly with our experience.

But it's not going to happen for us this year anyway.

It's okay. We disagree.
I just want to reiterate we went on that 28 premiership point run when copping injuries, but weren’t able to get past St Kilda, GC or Essendon when we were healthier. That’s the difference in our season between lamenting injuries and getting on with the job as Brisbane have.

Where I think they’ve played a part is the cumulative effect of a shorter pre-season and weekly changes leading to the decreased finishing capacity. I suspect that even with the same or an even worse injury run next year we will have a better season than this because our list will have had an extended break and we’ve built depth. Ultimately mental fatigue or as MM would put it blockbuster fatigue has probably played as big a role in our fall as physical injuries.

I think it’s a healthy debate though and understand your want to agree to disagree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just want to reiterate we went on that 28 premiership point run when copping injuries, but weren’t able to get past St Kilda, GC or Essendon when we were healthier. That’s the difference in our season between lamenting injuries and getting on with the job as Brisbane have.

Where I think they’ve played a part is the cumulative effect of a shorter pre-season and weekly changes leading to the decreased finishing capacity. I suspect that even with the same or an even worse injury run next year we will have a better season than this because our list will have had an extended break and we’ve built depth. Ultimately mental fatigue or as MM would put it blockbuster fatigue has probably played as big a role in our fall as physical injuries.

I think it’s a healthy debate though and understand your want to agree to disagree.
I think we've managed to agree.. because the bolded section of your comment is exactly the point I was trying to make 🤣

I think we've managed to agree.. because the bolded section of your comment is exactly the point I was trying to make 🤣
I’m struggling with where your posts linked back to suggestions of a shorter pre-season and mental fatigue having as big a role in our slide as our injuries, but happy to be on the same page there 👍

I’m struggling with where your posts linked back to suggestions of a shorter pre-season and mental fatigue having as big a role in our slide as our injuries, but happy to be on the same page there 👍
Let's not try to disagree again 🥴

The cumulative effect of the non stop injuries has, imo, affected our connection, consistency, confidence, synergy, momentum. A lot of which would be between the ears. They've looked exhausted at times, particularly after the bye.

I didn't disagree our start to the season was poor. Who knows why that happened. Starting earlier? Probably/maybe, as Lions had a slow start too.

Comedy gold
That you think bringing in another list clogger improves us? Yes I agree some of your finest! The delusion in rating these former 1st round picks for no other reason than they were former 1st round picks is mad to me.

Players drafted after Ash Johnson in 2021 MSD
5. Ned Moyle
8 James Peatling
9 Sam Durham
13 Jed McEntee
20 Jordan Boyd
21 Cooper Sharman
24 Daniel Turner

Aidan Begg also taken after Ash

Mcreery was playing terribly before his injury, don’t rewrite history. Pressure forward is the one position we have depth in too
You sure about that? With HH’s ACL trading McReery could leave us with only Elliott (who’s near done), Schultz (the most maligned player on the list) and Hill as our only small forwards if Richards chooses to leave. We would 100% have to add a mature option if McReery left.

There’s talk of McReery leaving? That would be a serious step backwards for the lost. Young player whose impact has been underrated, it was obvious we were better set up when he came back in to play his forward pressure and +1 at stoppages role.
people just putting up examples for a petracca trade

There’s talk of McReery leaving? That would be a serious step backwards for the lost. Young player whose impact has been underrated, it was obvious we were better set up when he came back in to play his forward pressure and +1 at stoppages role.
On the back of ludicrous trade speculation to land Petracca. I don’t think there’s any real chance of him leaving unless it’s part of a deal to attract a more realistic target such as Bergman. He’s much loved at the club and plays an important if under appreciated role on here.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back