List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

If we go down the route of a mature midfielder, I think Dylan Shiel is a better fit than Jack Macrae.

agree with this. but i'm curious ..

do we give them credit and say 'yes, they knew how poor the covid-affected crop were' that year but, nevertheless, pushed on unto the breach for the sake of marketing, schadenfreude and ed-inspired propaganda?

or were they genuinely clueless about the impact of no-games covid & incompetent as to how poor that crop would turn out?
I'd like to think we weren't totally clueless, but to be honest, the haul was poor. Our last pick being our most successful. "Ed inspired propaganda" is an interesting term. One I think is very fitting.

agree with this. but i'm curious ..

do we give them credit and say 'yes, they knew how poor the covid-affected crop were' that year but, nevertheless, pushed on unto the breach for the sake of marketing, schadenfreude and ed-inspired propaganda?

or were they genuinely clueless about the impact of no-games covid & incompetent as to how poor that crop would turn out?

My version of events is pure imagination, but I imagine a combination of the two. Eddie pushing the marketing angle and Dekka thinking he was going outsmart everyone and find the hidden gems that covid had hidden - and then he used the future first to take a South Australian kid who hadnt really been covid impacted and every other club didn't rate particularly highly ...

Someone called up sen saying Caleb Marchbank would be at the Pies next year...

Don't shoot the messenger, only repeating what was said on talk back.

Haven't heard his name mentioned as someone we'd be interested in 🤮
Not a bad player when not injured, which is rare. I don't mind him on minimum wage and as a DLFA. He could be useful as a rookie.

Sure, Poulter isn’t a superstar but he’s good enough to play at the top level in a strong side.

I watched him v.closely live at Marvel in the Dogs’ win over the Dees a couple of weeks ago and he was close to 2nd best on ground, behind The Bont. 23 touches, 7 tackles, 6 marks and a goal from outside 50m. Can’t fault those numbers.

Our cupboard ain’t exactly overflowing with talented youngsters - certainly not to the point that we should have DELISTED him after just two seasons. Meanwhile, Fin is about to enter season No.5 with us…..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes credit where it’s due he played well in that game but I just see him as an average player who plays safe. Just dropped so maybe Bevo coming around to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to have the talent (read youth) underneath them though and we don't look overly well off in that respect.

Our VFL team is bottom of the ladder and lost to a team who hadn't won a game in over 2 years...

The sub 23yo talent on the list is close to the worst I've seen maybe barring the late 90s.
They were well rated as u18s.
Josh Fraser needs to be dumped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hobbs is fine just needs to play on ball. Essendon have about 8 in their side who are ahead so a lot get pushed to flanks. Like MacRae when he plays half forward, looks lost. Only point getting him would be if we see him alongside Nick and Jordy in the guts.
Yeah hard to get a proper read on him when he was playing half forward lol

Hate it when an otherwise interesting and useful thread falls victim to a constant series of back and forth arguments and game of one-upmanship. We all support the Pies, that's why we are here. Why the need to prove that someone's opinion is superior than another's? Maybe take the debate to DMs rather than clog the forum :think:

PS: This is not directed at the post / poster immediately above.

Nice sentiment but we all know BF is the home of the p—-ing contest and a p—-ing contest in private would be just weird

What about Taylor Adams as a potential salary dump?

Hobbs is fine just needs to play on ball. Essendon have about 8 in their side who are ahead so a lot get pushed to flanks. Like MacRae when he plays half forward, looks lost. Only point getting him would be if we see him alongside Nick and Jordy in the guts.
Surely there are better options?
For the trade cost, I’d rather keep Finn.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back