List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Only currency I can think of to get Trac is to offer Bobby to Freo for a 1st….
I know you have to give something to get something but that would kill me. I love Bobby Hill. He electrifies our army and is in our hearts for ever after that grand final performance.

There is not a hope in hell. New rumour please- one that at least is a one in a million chance of coming off.

That in a weird way actually makes sense! As much as SOTY’s post does seem to hold weight I can’t get my head around what a deal for Petracca looks like when most have ruled us out of the Smith chase due to a lack of currency 😂

Best I have is a 2025 1st + Allan + ? which is obviously a simplified version of what a deal could look like. The curveball would be if the Petracca’s have made up their mind that he’s out. It has the potential to be the ugliest trade ever.
Not sure Melbourne would be that interested in Allan tbh, I don’t think he’s shown enough at this point where they’d feel he has a lot of value. Also he’s contracted which means he’d have to agree to the trade too, and I can’t see him happily leaving the pies to go anywhere other than Freo or maybe Hawthorn given his Dad’s history.

The Petracca to Collingwood rumour (and I do say rumour) is growing some very strong legs in some pretty reliable circles.
How on earth could we satisfy Melb's hefty trade demands? 2024 2nd plus 2025 1st plus 2025 2nd? Offering all that would screw us for any father-son picks next year.

Surely another Premiership contending team could come up with two 1sts without too much trouble?

Melbourne have apparently been sniffing around McInnes, so him, this years 2nd rounder, F1st, plus ? - starting to get close to an equitable trade.

Hoping that Trac has a case for breach of duty of care or similar that can be used as leverage.

Not sure Melbourne would be that interested in Allan tbh, I don’t think he’s shown enough at this point where they’d feel he has a lot of value. Also he’s contracted which means he’d have to agree to the trade too, and I can’t see him happily leaving the pies to go anywhere other than Freo or maybe Hawthorn given his Dad’s history.
No neither am I it’s mostly me flying a kite at this stage (as we all are with it firmly in the rumour column) although there is the potential to move Ed to Freo for something, but not sure how that looks.

If by some miracle this were all true I think our best bet would be ANB nominates Adelaide and we get involved in the Houston trade. A 1st + Houston is enough for Petracca if he forces the deal so you’d have to unlock that one for Port which feels more achievable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d be more concerned about the longterm impact of his injury than his age. Hopefully it’s negligible but we need to do our due diligence.

Tend to agree. I think it will take him an entire season to find fitness and form.

Still can’t get his HR over 110 for extended periods.

I mean I’d rather not, but options are thin on the ground for players to include. If not Ed it’s basically IQ or McReery because the rest either render the trade a pointless sideways exercise (Daicos x 2, JDG, Hill or Moore) or the Dees would have limited to zero interest.

Ed Allan l'm not sure about using in any trades. He seems one player, clubs would go for, but on the other hand l just feel he's now realising his talent and we have seen that in the VFL over the past month or so.
Another preseason and l think he could become a very good AFL player over the next 12 months.

I’d be more concerned about the longterm impact of his injury than his age. Hopefully it’s negligible but we need to do our due diligence.
We seem to like the idea of rehabbing players over the years- Tangles, Dawes, Scharenberg, Begg so who knows and hopefully Trac’s injury isn’t too bad. Namely for him. Forget what club he might play for in future.

Though I think the one we did miss out on after a medical was Stevie J.

I'm not sure in what world a trade for Petracca gets done if he were to come on the market. Our only realistic case would be if he (Petracca) is steadfast in his desire to leave publicly, and nominates only Collingwood, it may force Melbourne's hand a little.
I'm not concerned about his age or the length of contract. Is a matchwinner on his day and to have him play alongside Naicos, Degoey, Pendles etc in the middle - oh my goodness.

He is one of handful of players I think you move heaven and earth to get should he be available.

I'm not sure in what world a trade for Petracca gets done if he were to come on the market. Our only realistic case would be if he (Petracca) is steadfast in his desire to leave publicly, and nominates only Collingwood, it may force Melbourne's hand a little.
I'm not concerned about his age or the length of contract. Is a matchwinner on his day and to have him play alongside Naicos, Degoey, Pendles etc in the middle - oh my goodness.

He is one of handful of players I think you move heaven and earth to get should he be available.
Agreed with the bolded here - even though I highly doubt a move happens, as these tend to have a habit of fizzling out as most of what we hear is media "over-hype" and rumors, and after a while everyone forgets about it within a month or two.

However, on the off-chance it's a real possibility to happen, we have to make sure we put ourselves in the box seat for him.
Players in the top 5-10 bracket league wide, seldom get on the move - I can only really think of a handful since 2000 (Buddy, Judd, Gaz and maybe a Danger/Jez Cameron?), so can't afford to miss this opportunity if it truly presents itself.

Ed Allan l'm not sure about using in any trades. He seems one player, clubs would go for, but on the other hand l just feel he's now realising his talent and we have seen that in the VFL over the past month or so.
Another preseason and l think he could become a very good AFL player over the next 12 months.
McInnes was doing the same at VFL level 12 months ago ditto Macrae. It’s a big step up from knowing what you’re capable of at that level to doing it at the top level. If this were to become a live discussion on acquiring the best forward of centre mid in the game given what else we have to offer I think views will soften.

Will Trac be missing a block of footy early next season. I thought he said on Nova, that he wouldn't be doing anything to physical for another few months or early into next year.
The only concern would be the weight loss and muscle mass, and how long it takes for him to be able to get back into full fitness and ready for the physicality of AFL footy...

Will Trac be missing a block of footy early next season. I thought he said on Nova, that he wouldn't be doing anything to physical for another few months or early into next year.
The only concern would be the weight loss and muscle mass, and how long it takes for him to be able to get back into full fitness and ready for the physicality of AFL footy...
Normally I would agree with you - that it's a bit of gamble taking on a player at a high value of the back of a significant injury.

However Trac seems a very determined and professional bloke - he's very big on looking after his body/recovering well, works hard on his nutrition and exercise - and as reference idolizes our own Scott Pendlebury for his work and diligence to recovery and health etc

If there was a player you'd be comfortable taking a bit of the injury risk on - it's these caliber players that you know will do everything in their power to be top-shape every time they step on the field.

McInnes was doing the same at VFL level 12 months ago ditto Macrae. It’s a big step up from knowing what you’re capable of at that level to doing it at the top level. If this were to become a live discussion on acquiring the best forward of centre mid in the game given what else we have to offer I think views will soften.

Don't be surprised if McInnes is at the Saints next year

Agreed with the bolded here - even though I highly doubt a move happens, as these tend to have a habit of fizzling out as most of what we hear is media "over-hype" and rumors, and after a while everyone forgets about it within a month or two.

However, on the off-chance it's a real possibility to happen, we have to make sure we put ourselves in the box seat for him.
Players in the top 5-10 bracket league wide, seldom get on the move - I can only really think of a handful since 2000 (Buddy, Judd, Gaz and maybe a Danger/Jez Cameron?), so can't afford to miss this opportunity if it truly presents itself.

Personally I think it’s a last Hail Mary at a premiership before the absolute cliff comes for this team. It’s one I’d rather not take.

We need to rebuild our list with youth. As great as Petracca is right at this stage, he will be 29 years old before the start of next season and is on a massive contract with 5 years left.

Given his playing style I can’t see him maintaining his output until the end of that deal. Similar to Dusty, who only just turned 33 and dropped off a cliff in terms of performance for the last couple of years, I can see the same happening with Petracca.

Ultimately IMO we’d be paying a ridiculous amount for 3 years of top shelf football from him.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back