List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Twomey said that Lukosius contract is two more years but heavily back ended and close to a million a season, who knows if we could afford that
The Treloar contribution must have either ended or will end next season.
Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Howe probably have 1 more year.

Can see why we couldn't afford him, unless we are making a play for another free agent next year.

What would you give up? Offer to Melbourne/involve other clubs?
Management are more facilitators true but ultimately clubs will have the last say.
Just can't see what we'd come up with that is realistic.
1 idea. JDG and J daicos to another club for a 1st and early 2nd rounder/late first. Those + future 1st?
That is a hell of a lot to.mortgage and sacrifice for one player. Would need a scenario like that.
Putting aside the fact your scenario commits sacrilege by putting a Daicos up for trade, you’re severely undervaluing Josh, like insultingly undervaluing him by saying he’s only worth a late first/early second. He’s our current best and fairest and the 2023 AA wingman. Who the feck gives a player of that quality up so cheaply?

Attachments

• 7D5868AA-6DB5-45E0-A2D3-ACBAF6D43874.jpeg
    7D5868AA-6DB5-45E0-A2D3-ACBAF6D43874.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 35
Sounds like Condon is locked in. Will officially sign toward end of he year, but has committed to us as a cat B
It didn’t sound that way at all to me. There was still a big caveat of “he’ll see how his NBA prospects look before making a decision” that Cal slipped in there after all the bluster of him being “locked in”.

I hope he comes home this year but I don’t think it’s as guaranteed as that headline made it sound.

The club wanted Treloar to go to the Suns at the time to join Kim who had just signed for the Firebirds. They would've coughed up a good pick for him too but he was firm on not going there. Might have ended up with the Suns' pick 5 (they took Elijah Hollands) and not traded our future first on draft night. Oh well.
The talk at the time was they were willing to part with pick 1 which was Rowell.

You seem to completely disregarding the picks we will have to use to acquire him. Or the very few talented younger players we’d have to trade out to acquire picks.

That will mean even less young talent coming onto our already very old list.

I think you are also underselling Dusty. Supposedly he’s one of the hardest trainers going around…

But if you don’t like him as a comparison. How about Dangerfield whose output has also similarly dropped off for the last 2-3 or so years? Or the litany of other midfield champions who all retired around 31-33 years of age, after declining in their last few years.
Dangerfield was 32 when he arguably should have won the Norm Smith. Lachie Neale won the Brownlow last year at 30 and is still dominating.The best forward in the game is 31. Pendles, Buckley, GAJ etc. The last two premierships were won on the back of Dad's Army. You back supreme talent to keep performing into their 30's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why aren't we in the conversation for Perryman? Free agent.
Has been playing midfield more recently and has been excellent.
From what I understand, that's where he wants to play and probably our biggest need.
Did you mean Peatling? Perryman hasn’t played any midfield lately

I'm not sure in what world a trade for Petracca gets done if he were to come on the market. Our only realistic case would be if he (Petracca) is steadfast in his desire to leave publicly, and nominates only Collingwood, it may force Melbourne's hand a little.
I'm not concerned about his age or the length of contract. Is a matchwinner on his day and to have him play alongside Naicos, Degoey, Pendles etc in the middle - oh my goodness.

He is one of handful of players I think you move heaven and earth to get should he be available.
Imagine what G Wright would have offered up to get him - 6 first rounders ?

It didn’t sound that way at all to me. There was still a big caveat of “he’ll see how his NBA prospects look before making a decision” that Cal slipped in there after all the bluster of him being “locked in”.

I hope he comes home this year but I don’t think it’s as guaranteed as that headline made it sound.
It’s a tough one, hoping he fails so we can pick him up. Happy to take him, I’m sure everyone will give him some big hugs.

Even if he never comes to us, Petracca will always be an honorary Pie in my eyes. Mad Pie growing up, begged Melbourne not to draft him because he thought we would draft him, still idolises Pendles, close mates with the Daicos brothers, and only we cared about his wellbeing on King's Birthday.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back