List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

With all the talk of Barrass to Hawthorn does that mean their interest in Battle has cooled?

I wonder if we’re still a chance there.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They will get both.

With all the talk of Barrass to Hawthorn does that mean their interest in Battle has cooled?

I wonder if we’re still a chance there.

Can't remember who it was on SEN, but last week that individual said that it was still out of Hawthorn and ourselves. Considering we look like getting Keane, l would think that Battle will be wearing the pee and poo colours....

Normally I would agree with you - that it's a bit of gamble taking on a player at a high value of the back of a significant injury.

However Trac seems a very determined and professional bloke - he's very big on looking after his body/recovering well, works hard on his nutrition and exercise - and as reference idolizes our own Scott Pendlebury for his work and diligence to recovery and health etc

If there was a player you'd be comfortable taking a bit of the injury risk on - it's these caliber players that you know will do everything in their power to be top-shape every time they step on the field.

True, plus if he came to the Pies, for sure he would team up with the GOAT in preparing your body for AFL footy, that of course is Pendles. If he got to prepare alongside Pendles, you would think Trac will be in the best condition possible, probably even more so....

Naturally a lot of focus on Trac here, but I think Houston makes more sense on field and probably costs slightly less.

Houston will go into next season still only 27. He would slot in perfectly for us as our orschestator of half back and who can pinch hit in the midfield.

Sounds like the asking price would be 2 x R1 selections. We can obviously only give them our future 1st but would need to sweeten the deal with a player.

McInnes was doing the same at VFL level 12 months ago ditto Macrae. It’s a big step up from knowing what you’re capable of at that level to doing it at the top level. If this were to become a live discussion on acquiring the best forward of centre mid in the game given what else we have to offer I think views will soften.

Personally l think Allan is more talented than both McInnes and Macrae. Also it's not only his ability that will hold him in good stead, he's also a big bodied mid standing at 194cm.
I think there alot more pro's than con's in Allan as a footballer.

So Petracca for McCreery, pick 32 and a 3rd rounder? I’d do that in a heartbeat!

It would still leave us with our 2025 1st and 2nd rounders!

(EDIT: But can we please keep Julie McCreery?)

Not sure why your getting the thumbs down, that’s an absolute steal.

Personally l think Allan is more talented than both McInnes and Macrae. Also it's not only his ability that will hold him in good stead, he's also a big bodied mid standing at 194cm.
I think there alot more pro's than con's in Allan as a footballer.
I’d like to see both of them in the centre square together at least at VFL level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naturally a lot of focus on Trac here, but I think Houston makes more sense on field and probably costs slightly less.

Houston will go into next season still only 27. He would slot in perfectly for us as our orschestator of half back and who can pinch hit in the midfield.

Sounds like the asking price would be 2 x R1 selections. We can obviously only give them our future 1st but would need to sweeten the deal with a player.

I rate Houston highly but not at that price. Let the Dees pay that for him - they’ll need a high profile recruit to offset the loss of Petracca.

It's pretty concerning he hasn't been able to run and can't get the heart rate over 110 atm.
Almost certainly just part of letting the spleen heal fully. Its had a major injury but been retained. Its very vascular and with exertion and a raised heart rate the circulation becomes hyperdynamic which puts the healing vessels under more stress. Only temporarily as the organ heals. They will let him ramp up exertion over time.

Weakened vessels in the spleen, aneurysms, can burst spontaneously with catastrophic bleeding. At risk time is with a hyperdynamic circulation, such as pregnancy for women. Fortunately for Trac there wont be a weakness once the vessels fully heal but the people looking after him will be holding him back until they are sure thats the situation.

Last edited:
Petracca will be 29 in January and there's no chance Collingwood could get him,I personally wouldn't chase him anyway
This is my concern, have we not learnt the cost of trading picks! It was all or nothing for Treloar, the trade before drafting Daicos…same with the pick last year for Schultz…look if we think we can buy another premiership next year maybe worth rolling the dice. If it doesn’t come off then we have a post 2018 list management nightmare to deal with!

He’s 29 next year, injuries are hitting…soft tissue earlier in the year (I had him confused with Salem in a previous post)…big salary, mentally broken from the Moore collision…does he even get back to his best?!

I don’t think I’d trade two first round picks for any player, maybe a Harley Reid type.

This is my concern, have we not learnt the cost of trading picks! It was all or nothing for Treloar, the trade before drafting Daicos…same with the pick last year for Schultz…look if we think we can buy another premiership next year maybe worth rolling the dice. If it doesn’t come off then we have a post 2018 list management nightmare to deal with!

He’s 29 next year, injuries are hitting…soft tissue earlier in the year (I had him confused with Salem in a previous post)…big salary, mentally broken from the Moore collision…does he even get back to his best?!

I don’t think I’d trade two first round picks for any player, maybe a Harley Reid type.

Harley Reid would be a Jeremy Cameron type trade with 3 first round picks needed...

Think your concerns are justified.

Sam Darcy? 208cm key forward? Not that he’s going anywhere but if he isn’t worth 2 first rounders at least…

Nick Daicos is worth 6 first round picks.

Luckily we already have him !

I mean, I don't wanna smash everyone's dreams, but Petracca just won't happen. Essentially Melbourne, in the window would be giving their best player to another team that wants to win next year's flag and wants to win now.

It's just stupid to believe in this. The Dees might as well trade Gawn, Lever and May as well, given Viney and ANB are on the way out.

And even if we get past all of this. Melbourne absolutely hate us. They haven't forgotten Brayshaw.

I got destroyed on social media for suggesting Melbourne would not make finals. Some Melbourne fans were very offended lol.

I don't view Melbourne as being in the Premiership window.

They still have not addressed their key forward issues?

They have one ruckman and that's it?

May is a star but seems to be getting injured more frequently?

And on top of that it doesn't seem a great club to be at.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back