List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

You've clearly missed the point.
We're not giving up a daicos. It's not happening.
And doesn't matter what they're worth it's a moot point. We are not trading him in any way shape or form nor in the market for or in any realistic way getting Christian petracca. So stop wasting our ****ing time contemplating it.
My advice is to not hang out in this thread if you don't want to read ridiculous trades.

My dad has pictures of your dad on his wall.

Just beautiful.

After watching that, get him to the Pies. He needs to be in a black n white guernsey. Just seems natural.

Imagine the commentary of ...." Josh Daicos handballs to Petracca, Petracca to Nick Daicos back to Petracca and Petracca with a thumping kick from 50 kicks a brilliant goal"......

Last edited:
My advice is to not hang out in this thread if you don't want to read ridiculous trades.
Cleaned up the post. Was annoyed at something else and just venting on here.
Anyway I doubt he even requests a trade. It wouldn't go through and he'd be left with egg on his face.
Imo I reckon he's pissed how his injury was handled and the club and this is strategic leaking by someone close tonhim

After watching that, get him to the Pies. He needs to be in a black n white guernsey. Just seems natural.

Imagine the commentary of ...." Josh Daicos handballs to Petracca, Petracca to Nick Daicos back to Petracca and Petracca with a thumping kick from 50 kicks a brilliant goal"......
You left JDG out of the chain.

Harley Reid would be a Jeremy Cameron type trade with 3 first round picks needed...

no it would require a lot more. The Jeremy Cameron trade is a bit of a myth. Was three shitty first-round picks … 13,15,20. A bargain for Geelong. We paid more for Treloar for example… 2 x pick no.7s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's obvious that Petracca would love to be at Collingwood (and we would love to have him), but getting him here would be difficult.
We simply don't have the trade capital, given what Melbourne would want for him.

On the AFL's Gettable segment, a possible trade of Lukosius to Adelaide was mentioned, and they raised Collingwood as another possible destination.
Again, trade capital would be a major stumbling block.

no it would require a lot more. The Jeremy Cameron trade is a bit of a myth. Was three shitty first-round picks … 13,15,20. A bargain for Geelong. We paid more for Treloar for example… 2 x pick no.7s
Exactly right. And how is 20 a first rounder 😳 .. it ain't!!

the actual trade:
  • Geelong gave up two middling 1st rounders (13 & 15), a 2nd rounder (20) in 2020 and a future 4th rounder (2021)
  • Geelong received Cameron + two future 2nd rounders (one from GWS & one on-traded from Ess).
GWS finished 7th and Ess finished 8th in 2021 so Geelong received back picks 24 & 25 in 2021 draft in addition to securing Cameron, arguably the best forward in the game.

that might be close to the best trade value ever extracted in the history of the afl or perhaps a close run second to their trade with GCS, receiving Bowes + 7 in exchange for a 3rd rounder!!

Geelong
What Geelong GaveWhat Geelong Got
Jeremy Cameron80 games53 XG
Pick 13Pick not used1212 points79 XG
Pick 15Pick not used1112 points71 XG
Pick 20Pick not used912 points66 XG
2021R2 (Essendon)
(estimate: pick 24)
Pick not used785 points56 XG
2021R2 (Greater Western Sydney)
(estimate: pick 27)
Pick not used703 points51 XG
2021R4 (Geelong)
(estimate: pick 71)
Pick not used29 points5 XG
4 picks0 players0 games3265 points221 XG2 picks1 player80 games1488 points160 XG

Last edited:
Not only that, but they got two second rounders back in the trade too iirc. It was actually a pretty sweet deal for Geelong.

I left it like that deliberately to cover both bases when we do/don’t land Petracca. 🧐
No Way Bullshit GIF by HannahWitton

😂

True, but if we’d had another pic in the 20s, Logan Morris would be on the list now
They can still have great value
nah that's not my point, in fact, we're in vehement agreement.

you're preaching to the holy converted here, i've been bemoaning our confetti strategy with 1st & 2nd round draft picks for years.

my point was highlighting (as cakewalk06 did) the myth that Cameron was traded in by Geelong at a net cost of 3 * 1st rounders, he simply wasn't ..they received 2 * future 2nd rounders back. quite staggering when you think about it.

now that's how you pull off a big trade deal.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back