List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Free agency compo picks, matching academy, f/s picks, etc. can all push the first round out into the 20s.
yeah of course but you've got it arse about in this context.

pick 20 was the pick Gee gave before the draft so if anything the actual selection may have been pushed out further in the 20s due to the variables you referenced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If ever there was a guy born to wear a number like Nick was 35 then itā€™s Trac in 42.
Heā€™s a little too nice to wear 42, donā€™t think youā€™d see Pants doing cooking podcasts or leaving a night venue before the next day. Canā€™t see Trac and Banksy hanging out at the Tunnel. If 42 comes back it needs to go to someone with a little more personality.

A weird example of the sort of player we should like at - without actually being the player we should look at.

Heading in to 2025, someone like Hayes would be an astute pick up for both a bit of ruck and key forward coverage. After the disaster of the last 2 years with rucks and forwards falling down around us, another cheap back up would not go astray imo.

For 2025 there's really only DC14 and Mason who you would comfortably pick in the ruck - and with Mason 34 next year, and starting to break down a bit body wise, we put a lot of our eggs in the DC14 basket. I do acknowledge we have Steene and Smit coming through, however it would be a tall ask to expect them to come in next season and impact consistently at AFL level.

Up forward we have Checkers, McStay and Kreuger as our main marking targets, and while I think that is a fine mix - both Kreuger and Mcstay's recent injury history does not fill me with much hope of getting 20+ games out of the pair of them.

In basic summary - I would not want us picking up Hayes, but someone on the outer at their club who could pinch in the ruck and up forward for us next year if required would certainly not be the worst recruitment this off season for us.

A weird example of the sort of player we should like at - without actually being the player we should look at.

Heading in to 2025, someone like Hayes would be an astute pick up for both a bit of ruck and key forward coverage. After the disaster of the last 2 years with rucks and forwards falling down around us, another cheap back up would not go astray imo.

For 2025 there's really only DC14 and Mason who you would comfortably pick in the ruck - and with Mason 34 next year, and starting to break down a bit body wise, we put a lot of our eggs in the DC14 basket. I do acknowledge we have Steene and Smit coming through, however it would be a tall ask to expect them to come in next season and impact consistently at AFL level.

Up forward we have Checkers, McStay and Kreuger as our main marking targets, and while I think that is a fine mix - both Kreuger and Mcstay's recent injury history does not fill me with much hope of getting 20+ games out of the pair of them.

In basic summary - I would not want us picking up Hayes, but someone on the outer at their club who could pinch in the ruck and up forward for us next year if required would certainly not be the worst recruitment this off season for us.
If he wasn't nearly 29, then yeah. Rookie pick up at best, covers a hole if anyone goes down. He would have covered Checkers well this year. Hope fully we don't have to worry about Checkers next year.

It's obvious that Petracca would love to be at Collingwood (and we would love to have him), but getting him here would be difficult.
We simply don't have the trade capital, given what Melbourne would want for him.

On the AFL's Gettable segment, a possible trade of Lukosius to Adelaide was mentioned, and they raised Collingwood as another possible destination.
Again, trade capital would be a major stumbling block.
But there's posters that justified us trading out a contracted VC Adams to a contender in Sydney for peanuts just because they offered him 3 years.

So all we have to do is offer Petracca 2 more years on top of his remaining contract and Melbourne will have to trade him for peanuts also because he wants to come to us...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back