List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

A few GWS players should be at the top of our priority list.

Isaac Cumming - UFA
Conor Stone - OOC
James Peatling - OOC

I think all 3 of the above would be best 22 for us next year.

A few GWS players should be at the top of our priority list.

Isaac Cumming - UFA
Conor Stone - OOC
James Peatling - OOC

I think all 3 of the above would be best 22 for us next year.
Seems the definite road to go , we have placed ourselves in this position with trading out our firsts.

I really hope we hang on to the 2025 1st Rounder.

Does anyone have insight on father son selection for McGuane , his draft year and projected position ? Is it going to make our 2025 1st rounder void of using, if we get McGuane?

We aren't getting Smith the reason we arent getting petracca. No first round pick.
That boat sailed months ago.
Petracca value is a lot more than a first.

We have the ability to trade F1 2025 for Smith
I’m not sure why you discount this especially if Mcguane is a first round prospect, all the more sense to move it on and make full use of it.

I love Petracca as much as anyone but reckon we should instead really be going all-in to land 23 y.o. inside midfielder James Peatling from GWS.

Peatling is out of contract and has been starved of opportunities, especially in his preferred inside-mid role. But when he has played there he has been terrific, even getting the perfect 10 coaches votes against Brisbane two games ago. He’s the right age and an absolutely critical positional need first us. And he has baulked at signing the contract that GWS has offered, so seems gettable.

I reckon our 2024 and 2025 second rounders would be enough to get it done and would still leave us our 2025 first rounder.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I loved his draft profile at time. Strengths: Speed, Footy IQ, agility, versatility, ability to win one on one, extractor. I also wouldn't mind Sam Berry

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Seeing as Port have offered 4 years for Richards. Would port accept the hawks pick and Richards for their first this year? or is it more realistic to expect we will probably just get their second this year.

Seeing as Port have offered 4 years for Richards. Would port accept the hawks pick and Richards for their first this year? or is it more realistic to expect we will probably just get their second this year.

Knowing us we will get a 4th rounder which we don't use.

There are a number of clubs looking for points Brisbane Gold Coast Carlton and Essendon
With our current draft hand and the possibility of McInnes McCrae Richards asking for trades it us very possible that we could improve of draft hand and get back into the first round

Jake Lever was just asked on SEN about the Petracca situation.

Amongst mostly positive stuff he said some players may have asked "Where's Trac?" but it supposedly wasn't a frustration that he wasn't there. He also revealed that they probably didn't quite understand what he was going through.

Look, don't get me wrong... but is that possibly not a huge red flag in this whole situation? They didn't know what he was going through? And couldn't understand why he wasn't at work?

Unless he's just being reclusive or has a huge grudge against the medical staff etc... which would also be a huge red flag.
Or overblown/ sensationalised by the media. He was down at the club yesterday laughing with his coach and teammates, then on an exercise bike. He didn't look like someone who wanted out if the club

Or overblown/ sensationalised by the media. He was down at the club yesterday laughing with his coach and teammates, then on an exercise bike. He didn't look like someone who wanted out if the club

Its easy to smile and laugh to seem to be ok, he isnt going to act angry and throw water bottles or his pasta dishes at staff.

Lachie Jones for Joe Richards?

He’s an upgrade on Oleg & allows IQ to play on the opposite wing to Josh Daicos.

“Jones officially became a Port Adelaide player at Wednesday night’s draft after the club matched Collingwood’s bid for him with pick 16.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s an upgrade on Oleg & allows IQ to play on the opposite wing to Josh Daicos.

“Jones officially became a Port Adelaide player at Wednesday night’s draft after the club matched Collingwood’s bid for him with pick 16.”
I reckon he's just an ordinary player. I wouldn't be chasing Jones

I agree with the continuation with the over 30 year old players, but I hope that the contracts involve steadily reducing salaries. Pendles, for example, is still worthy of a list spot, but he's not worth the salary that he would have commanded a couple of years ago. I've heard concerns about not enough transitioning provisions for these elderly players. However, their salaries also need to be transitioned. The one year contract provides an ability to track a steadily decreasing salary - I hope that the club employs that strategy.

Pretty sure Port don’t currently have a first this year. I believe they also traded theirs to Freo last year.

Seems the definite road to go , we have placed ourselves in this position with trading out our firsts.

I really hope we hang on to the 2025 1st Rounder.

Does anyone have insight on father son selection for McGuane , his draft year and projected position ? Is it going to make our 2025 1st rounder void of using, if we get McGuane?
The Victorian crop for next years draft is exceedingly weak.
Tommy is one of the better ones in a poor crop
My guess is he might be in the 8-25 range unless he grows a bit
Depending where we finish next year we might be able to use our first on another player before the bid arrives.

Essendon:
"Parish+2MP to Pies for 30+F1st (we can pay up to 50% of contract)"
I’d do that in a heartbeat tbh, but I’d probably try to push for a future second or third back our way. Both players would suit our needs perfectly imo.

The Victorian crop for next years draft is exceedingly weak.
Tommy is one of the better ones in a poor crop
My guess is he might be in the 8-25 range unless he grows a bit
Depending where we finish next year we might be able to use our first on another player before the bid arrives.
He’s performing exceptionally well right now against top agers in a strong crop, so his value could easily go to top 5 in a relatively weak draft.

would much rather Bergman

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back