List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Us? You mean the team that won last year's flag with 7 traded in players, including the Norm Smith medallist?

Look what we get for players that are traded out.

It will be disappointing to lose Richards.
We are seriously letting some afl talent leave for nothing and adding guys like Bytel and Long to the list….
It’s so underwhelming

Hopefully Richards ends up staying and Ben Reid has a word to him.
This is pretty funny considering 12 months ago Richards was much worse than Bytel and Long, to the point that most on here were saying that he'd be delisted. Short memories

This is pretty funny considering 12 months ago Richards was much worse than Bytel and Long, to the point that most on here were saying that he'd be delisted. Short memories
Mainly because he hadn't shown much at VFL level. The way he stepped up to AFL level was remarkable. No-one really seen it coming to be fair

Last edited:
Maybe Ben Reid has a future in recruiting.

It will be disappointing to lose Richards.
We are seriously letting some afl talent leave for nothing and adding guys like Bytel and Long to the list….
It’s so underwhelming

Hopefully Richards ends up staying and Ben Reid has a word to him.

Leppa will get the ship back on course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not quite…

“The Giants trade Hill and its round-three selection (pick No.40) to Collingwood for its round-three selection (43) and its future second-round selection”.

OK, my mistake. Thanks for clarifying. Nevertheless, Peatling should be near the very top of our target list.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes, but I keep reading that the pick wouldn't have helped us get all the way to 10th on the ladder or it might, wait for it, be a bust, so I'm glad it's gone...

Here's something to get some blood boiling. Shultz was very important in a couple of comeback wins. Without that trade, we most likely would have finished lower and might have been looking at about pick 5.

Clark went as far to say on Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle Houston “won’t be at Melbourne next year”.

Houston is contracted for another four seasons and would surely land at least a first-round pick in return.

Considering his new club will be taking on the remaining 4 years of a contract, Port would be looking for at least one first round pick. Throw Richards into the deal, and that could make it interesting....
What the hell is it with people acting as if a player being contracted long term somehow devalues them 😂

These aren’t salary dumps, clubs are chasing Houston knowing full well his contract status and being willing to take that on. Port aren’t magically going to give some kind of discount because his salary is going off their books.

Here's something to get some blood boiling. Shultz was very important in a couple of comeback wins. Without that trade, we most likely would have finished lower and might have been looking at about pick 5.
Schultz was very instrumental in a couple of our draws & losses. Without that trade, we most likely would have finished in the 8, still competing for b2b, with our 1st rounder (2024) still in-tact and our 2nd rounder (2023) on board, having spent a year developing nicely and ready to explode in 2025.

Schultz was very instrumental in a couple of our draws & losses. Without that trade, we most likely would have finished in the 8, still competing for b2b, with our 1st rounder (2024) still in-tact and our 2nd rounder (2023) on board, having spent a year developing nicely and ready to explode in 2025.
First time I've heard a player we traded in took us backwards. But keen to hear your reasoning.

Last edited:
Second rounder in what's supposedly a really deep draft.

What do you think he's worth?
Crows fans think they are getting Luko for a future 2nd and Keane is worth our Future 1st.

Just checked again and it's worse:
"If we're taking on Luko's entire contract $$'s, AND handing over our future first, I would say getting Pick 20 back (which will slide a few down anyway..) would be perfectly fair value.."
= Adelaide F1st for Luko and Pick 20!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back