List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on what evidence?

Fly said in his Presser today Wright will be a big loss and they will recruit the best possible replacement

I think Leppa has a good football brain and played forward and back during his days. Has also coached different areas of the field.

So I think he will be able to make decent decisions when it comes to football ability. When it comes to player contracts etc then I am sure Craig Kelly is very well versed and would be able to lend support.

I didn’t expect you to accept the feedback from your fellow posters.
I tend to think of it as a discussion forum as opposed to a debate one.
By all means make your point and allow others to also.
However, the constant back and forth, (debating) is a bit much.
That’s my view as a fellow poster btw.
Just my opinion, but you're clutching at straws by implying discussion is fine, but debate is problematic.

I think Leppa has a good football brain and played forward and back during his days. Has also coached different areas of the field.

So I think he will be able to make decent decisions when it comes to football ability. When it comes to player contracts etc then I am sure Craig Kelly is very well versed and would be able to lend support.
Agree.
If Leppa is considered a strategy genius - then he'll thrive in the role, given Strategy requires comprehensive understanding of opposition players strengths and weaknesses, and what constitutes elite talent. So spotting talent isn't going to be an issue.
Is he a great negotiator and deal maker ?
That's the only question mark IMO.

This is pretty funny considering 12 months ago Richards was much worse than Bytel and Long, to the point that most on here were saying that he'd be delisted. Short memories
It may be short memories but when a player finally shows you the capabilities to do well at the level, it’s a blow if they depart.

Don’t forget, Richards has been 2 years in an elite AFL program, having spent all his time in effectively an amateur setup whereby it becomes incredibly difficult to then make the grade as a mature ager.
It’s not like he’s been playing VFL, or SANFL or WAFL footy for years prior to his drafting.

The fact that he has now shown more than both those two boys I named despite them coming through the elite pathways per se is a bitter pill to swallow if he does indeed depart.

We really need to do everything to keep him(within reason) in terms of the age profile he fits into for our squad too.
The Port offer seems to be about the years more than the dollars on offer to try and persuade him to shift, the way it reads.

I hope we offer him at least 3 years considering his age.

Schultz was very instrumental in a couple of our draws & losses. Without that trade, we most likely would have finished in the 8, still competing for b2b, with our 1st rounder (2024) still in-tact and our 2nd rounder (2023) on board, having spent a year developing nicely and ready to explode in 2025.
IMG_0541.gif

The more I think about it…the more I’m in the camp of shifting out our F1.
We have salary cap space which is no problem to boot.

Ever since that “story” broke about Pies players being told to “tone it down” with photos with Smith, it all went extremely quiet …to the point where it’s been assumed he’s off to Geelong because we have no first round pick this year…yet even the journos aren’t willing to lock in that he’s going to the cats.

Their first round pick this year also the way it’s looking doesn’t loom as attractive as our future F1…in which case clubs I feel would be expecting us to fall down even further based on age of some players etc….

He may still end up picking the cats as I’ve got no idea or about as much clue on what will happen as the next person…but my gut feel tells me he just may prefer the big city lights lifestyle and his relationship with the 2 Daicos boys too keeps us in the mix.

Time will tell I guess.

Clark went as far to say on Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle Houston “won’t be at Melbourne next year”.

Houston is contracted for another four seasons and would surely land at least a first-round pick in return.

Considering his new club will be taking on the remaining 4 years of a contract, Port would be looking for at least one first round pick. Throw Richards into the deal, and that could make it interesting....
I'm with you on this. Richards makes it a real possibility. Houston is a gun who would instantly elevate the list.

mmm... They said the same about Ned Guy

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Reef being maybe courted by the Dee's their first pick is 7 which won't happen but their next pick is 38 - would give him two years than taking pick 38 for him

Joe Richards to port is another interesting one, their first pick is 37 and then 55 unless it's a swap for Miles Bergman I am not interested

I am not really interested in the futures market for either player

With Reef being maybe courted by the Dee's their first pick is 7 which won't happen but their next pick is 38 - would give him two years than taking pick 38 for him

Joe Richards to port is another interesting one, their first pick is 37 and then 55 unless it's a swap for Miles Bergman I am not interested

I am not really interested in the futures market for either player
I doubt Port would swap Bergman for Richards. But I'd take that in a heartbeat if they did.

I doubt Port would swap Bergman for Richards. But I'd take that in a heartbeat if they did.
There’s no chance they would even look at entertaining a move for Bergman.

Richards they could practically almost walk into the PSD….as nobody else will give him a 4yr deal…
That’s the reality

There’s no chance they would even look at entertaining a move for Bergman.

Richards they could practically almost walk into the PSD….as nobody else will give him a 4yr deal…
That’s the reality
Talk is that Bulldogs, Essendon and Adelaide were keen and offered 3 year deals (Edit: forgot to include North)

Last edited:
I wouldn't be offering Richards any more than 2. He has shown a bit, but not THAT much. Only played 8 games and some were sub so not entrenched in our 22.
We gave Frampton 3 years when he was stuck playing in the twos for two different clubs his entire career.

You can’t pay overs to get players in and then look to low ball the guys you have to retain …
You don’t get ahead like that.

3yrs is what we should be offering.
But if he opts to go …Port have us over a barrel really as nobody will stump up 4 years …and they can get him for virtually nothing IMO.
We have a strong small forward list with Jamie, Bobby, Beau, Schultz and HH.
Even if we offered the same a late in the system 25yo may want to move to another club where the path to AFL games is clearer.

We have a strong small forward list with Jamie, Bobby, Beau, Schultz and HH.
Even if we offered the same a late in the system 25yo may want to move to another club where the path to AFL games is clearer.
Elliott is 32 and will be 33 by seasons end next season.
He’s a gun but his body is showing signs of not holding up the entire season.

HH is out for the year with an ACL.

The other 3 yes sure.

He’s the only natural forward we have left with goal nous to be able to push for a consistent game in the best 23 for a small role after we offloaded Ginni last off season

The other 3 yes sure.

He’s the only natural forward we have left with goal nous to be able to push for a consistent game in the best 23 for a small role after we offloaded Ginni last off season
Agree - Elliott looks almost Done and who knows how Harvey will return. Our depth in small forwards is not that good that we can afford to lose Richards and not replace

The other 3 yes sure.

Agreed but compare that to the small forwards at other interested clubs:

• Port = Rioli then not much
  • Adelaide = Rankine (part mid), Rachele, Keys then guys like Murphy and McHenry
  • Essendon = Gresham, Hind, Guelfi,
  • WBD = Weightman, West, then unproven Clarke, Jones
  • North = Curtis, Stevo, Ford

Agreed but compare that to the small forwards at other interested clubs:

• Port = Rioli then not much
  • Adelaide = Rankine (part mid), Rachele, Keys then guys like Murphy and McHenry
  • Essendon = Gresham, Hind, Guelfi,
  • WBD = Weightman, West, then unproven Clarke, Jones
  • North = Curtis, Stevo, Ford
I’m not sure what you’re trying to say by comparing that to the other clubs?

I’m just talking about the state of our list and how he fits in

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back