List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

They need to sign Richards. This myth that we have a heap of small forwards is rubbish.
  • Schultz is a dud (well inconsistent to put it nicely).
  • Elliott is just about cooked
  • HH has done his ACL
We literally have Beau who doesn’t play like a small forward (not enough goals) and Bobby
I like the players here you have mentioned but you are right in some of the summations you raise like Beau not really playing like a traditional small forward

I think Richards is definitely good enough to be starting best 22 and if anything it will allow us to get guys like Beau and even Hill or Schultz higher up the ground at times to give our midfield mix a different look.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say by comparing that to the other clubs?

I’m just talking about the state of our list and how he fits in
Richards is Out Of Contract.
Even if we offer him a comparable deal to other interested clubs he may decide that he wants to leave.
If I was him I would expect to get more AFL games at any of the other rumoured to be interested clubs as their small forwards arn't as deep as ours.

Richards is Out Of Contract.
Even if we offer him a comparable deal to other interested clubs he may decide that he wants to leave.
If I was him I would expect to get more AFL games at any of the other rumoured to be interested clubs as their small forwards arn't as deep as ours.
Yeah I hear you.
If we offered him a similar deal…he’s not leaving to go to Port IMO.

Hopefully Fly talks him into staying and about his role for next season onwards as a regular

Yeah I hear you.
If we offered him a similar deal…he’s not leaving to go to Port IMO.

Hopefully Fly talks him into staying and about his role for next season onwards as a regular
That would be ideal.
But I can also understand if he wants to leave.
He's 25 in November and may want to bank a long contract with a better chance of more game time.

That would be ideal.
But I can also understand if he wants to leave.
He's 25 in November and may want to bank a long contract with a better chance of more game time.
Oh I understand that too completely.
I just think he’s actually demanded to be getting that game time here …that’s the sad part

They need to sign Richards. This myth that we have a heap of small forwards is rubbish.
  • Schultz is a dud (well inconsistent to put it nicely).
  • Elliott is just about cooked
  • HH has done his ACL
We literally have Beau who doesn’t play like a small forward (not enough goals) and Bobby
A dud? Looking for some attention are you my darling?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perfect time to cash in on a deal for Richards, get a pick between 35-45, that then gives us options to either bank points for next year, or more capital to trade in some players.
Pick 35 - 45??!! Do you know how many of those players actually make it..?

About 25%. So why give up a proven talent…

Sounds like you advised them on the ginni and Treloar trades too…

3yrs is what we should be offering.
But if he opts to go …Port have us over a barrel really as nobody will stump up 4 years …and they can get him for virtually nothing IMO.
He might prefer to stay in Melbourne and take 3 years and then look to sign another contract.

if he chooses to leave, which club could net us the best value?
I’m not as optimistic as some people on here about getting a pick between 35-40ish for him.

I believe clubs will get him for a third round selection at best because we hold no leverage.
Which means a pick in the 50s essentially based on which club give or take.

I don’t see how a pick in the 50s is going to be good business for us to use

Pick 35 - 45??!! Do you know how many of those players actually make it..?

About 25%. So why give up a proven talent…

Sounds like you advised them on the ginni and Treloar trades too…
Beau McCreery - Pick 44
Harvey Harrison - Pick 52
Joe Richards - Pick 48

Seems to me our track record of picking small fwds in the draft in that range is pretty good, and proves we can find players for that role in value picks.

Sell High on Richards, big test for Leppa as we know Wright would sell.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back