List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Clark went as far to say on Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle Houston “won’t be at Melbourne next year”.

Houston is contracted for another four seasons and would surely land at least a first-round pick in return.

Considering his new club will be taking on the remaining 4 years of a contract, Port would be looking for at least one first round pick. Throw Richards into the deal, and that could make it interesting....
As much as I love Richards, Houston in defence is HUGE! A real team changer.

I forget - who did we trade out to get Crisp? Don't be a club bagger all the time. Gets a bit tiresome.

8 years ago ffs.

Every trade period the supporters talk about what we get for players leaving the club.

Collingwood have been exceptional at trading players in and having an impact.

5 minutes of footy and a pure arse goal from someone we gave up a top 10 pick for is hardly anything to ride home about. If he has the same output next year, would you be happy? I think it would be a fail. He’d want to improve!!
I think that's a pretty narrow take on his season. Granted, Schultz hasn't had electrifying games but he has kicked 23 goals and averages 3.8 tackles per game from 19 games. That's a solid return when you consider he has played in a team that has struggled to move the ball into the F50. He was brilliant last week because he showed maturity and composure.

So.
Last time I checked

Richard’s has been offered a deal.
He hasn’t made a decision
We haven’t received peanuts
We haven’t spent said peanuts

Why are so many melting?
Classic Big Footy. Make up your own lop sided outcome then get angry about it.

5 minutes of footy and a pure arse goal from someone we gave up a top 10 pick for is hardly anything to ride home about. If he has the same output next year, would you be happy? I think it would be a fail. He’d want to improve!!
He’s sitting second on our goal kicking behind only Hill. He does a ton of work off the ball assisting his team mates. His defensive pressure is very good.

Was the trade good? Not particularly, but that’s not actually his fault. His performances have been perfectly fine though, and will likely be better next year having the extra time to gel with his team mates.

Trash the trade as much as you want but keep that separate from your assessment of him as a player if you want to be taken seriously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ned Guy had never played or coached football?

The one strength of Guy should have been signing players at the right place and contract length.
Guy still thought he was a player manager trying to secure his clients the best deal they could possibly get 😂

Elliott is 32 and will be 33 by seasons end next season.
He’s a gun but his body is showing signs of not holding up the entire season.

HH is out for the year with an ACL.

The other 3 yes sure.

He’s the only natural forward we have left with goal nous to be able to push for a consistent game in the best 23 for a small role after we offloaded Ginni last off season
I wouldn’t be surprised if Elliott retired

Fremantle are interested, but no contract offer l believe, as yet
yeah they just mentioned that on mid week tackle. Both freo and port interested. We know that port has tabled him an offer.
But they mentioned he is in frame for a call up this week

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back