List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Just if this year couldn't get worse lol

1. PIES DOING DOCKERS, HAWKS A FAVOUR

Collingwood is putting its veterans out to pasture for the Friday night clash against Melbourne. But a club that so craftily secured Scott Pendlebury as its second top five pick in 2005 when it gained a priority pick after a spate of late-season surgeries is this time benefiting other clubs.

Fremantle has the Pies first-rounder (the Lachie Schultz trade) and Hawthorn has Collingwood’s second-rounder (the Jack Ginnivan trade).

A win and a Freo loss would have put that selection at pick 10.
f Melbourne beats the Pies on Friday night and Essendon upsets Brisbane, Collingwood’s selection goes from the current No.9 pick to the No.7 overall pick.

That potential No.7 selection could be crucial for Fremantle in its dealings with Richmond on Shai Bolton.

Because even if it shuffles back a couple of spots through a father-son bid on Brisbane’s Levi Ashcroft and an early bid on Gold Coast’s Leo Lombard, it will still fall in the top 10.

Hawthorn can make finals and even conjure a deep run and having swapped second-rounders with the Pies, they could effectively get Jack Ginnivan for free given the trade was set up on the likelihood Collingwood would finish top four and the Hawks bottom 10.

6. HAWKS’ DAYLIGHT ROBBERY NEARLY COMPLETE

Collingwood’s first selection in this draft is currently at pick 32, given it holds Hawthorn’s second-round pick after the Jack Ginnivan trade.

Consider the possible bids to come on players before then – Levi Ashcroft, Lombard, Kako, Sam Marshall, maybe Ben Camporeale, maybe FA compensation for Battle.

If the Hawks make a deep finals run, a Collingwood side which desperately needs to secure elite young talent might be making its first bid at pick 40.

It’s why you could see them trading next year’s first-rounder into this draft, given the desperation to get into a quality draft with the key position players the Pies need.

We all knew this position - when the trade was made last yeah I was convinced we had already been in deep discussions to secure a big name this year.

The worst part of it all, it Schutlz will be a FA in 4 weeks time!

We all knew this position - when the trade was made last yeah I was convinced we had already been in deep discussions to secure a big name this year.

The worst part of it all, it schultz will be a FA in 4 weeks time!
We bet on us being as good as last year and hawks bottom 4. We couldn't have been more wrong.
But many of us knew at the time the trades were poor.
Makes it look worse now that we know how deep this draft is. We'll try to do something to get back into it.

He wanted to go home when he was with us, now the Crows. I'd hate to see us pay overs for him only for him to walk out again. Seems he's always got his luggage packed, don't bring it over here again.
I'm happy to be proved wrong and he plugs our defensive sieve and becomes a premiership player, but it's a very hard pass for me.

The speculation literally came from a Port Supporter calling into 5AA in Adelaide.....

Can imagine how this is going to go, can't we?

No doubt he'll say he loves the Melbourne Football Club but he just needed time away from the club to get his mental health right, etc. And talk about how he has started running, heart rate can't go over 110, etc.

And because it'll be a pre-recorded interview with terms, they won't ask him directly if he'll be there next year. So he won't have to lie and say "yes" because he'll be at the Pies 🤝

Agree its worth thinking about. We have chronically lacked goalkickers for more than a decade now and have got by by other means but more firepower is needed.

Apart from Miho in 2023 you have to go back to 2013 , T Cloke, to find a Collingwood player who kicked more than 39 in a H&A season.

GC, Ginni kicked 40 goals in 2022 and should have had more if even half the frees he was entitled to were awarded. And WHE kicked 42 in 2018.

But I get thats not the point you’re making, where you are referring to tall (or taller) forwards.

GC, Ginni kicked 40 goals in 2022 and should have had more if even half the frees he was entitled to were awarded. And WHE kicked 42 in 2018.

But I get thats not the point you’re making, where you are referring to tall (or taller) forwards.
Just getting in before GC to rob him of the joy of catching you out in his evil trap. Ginni and WHE kicked 36 & 39 goals respectively in those H&A seasons.

Just getting in before GC to rob him of the joy of catching you out in his evil trap. Ginni and WHE kicked 36 & 39 goals respectively in those H&A seasons.
Are you sure? AFL tables have 40 and 42 goals respectively, for Ginni in ‘22 and Hosk in ‘18.

☹️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wanted to go home when he was with us, now the Crows. I'd hate to see us pay overs for him only for him to walk out again. Seems he's always got his luggage packed, don't bring it over here again.
I'm happy to be proved wrong and he plugs our defensive sieve and becomes a premiership player, but it's a very hard pass for me.

I think everyone quickly forgets what Covid was like. Particularly around international borders.

People literally had no idea whether they would be able to travel again. Months… Years… it was complete pandemonium when the borders began shutting.

I don’t blame Keane one iota for wanting to get home to his loved ones around that time.

No he's not, he was tried there earlier this year and was hopeless in the role and switched back to a forward, it's just the truth.

Played the role in 2020 and even though he was up on a wing for a fair bit of the 2021 season there were still many games where he spent a lot of time rebounding the ball out from the Suns defensive 50, so there's no reason why he can't do it in the right defensive setup.

Don’t like either of you anymore. I might even resort to the ignore option.

Pedants!

Thank you Gen👍

Don't blame me - I don't know why GC doesn't count it when our players kick goals in finals. I tend to think of it is a good thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back