List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't blame me - I don't know why GC doesn't count it when our players kick goals in finals. I tend to think of it is a good thing.
All counts in my view. from the start until you finish playing for the year, finals included. They are games I assume lol

I am really sceptical about recruiting Keane. Reminds me a touch of Beams fool me once situation. Then we have Howe and Moore so it is that 3rd spot. Dean and Frampton are playing and whom he will be competing with, means Moore has to play last line as Keane is very shaky there. To me he is more a 2025 recruit when Howe goes than a 2024.

Reef McInness I dont think we have scratched the surface on. Ultimate utility who can play any line and is potentially the fastest on our list. Watching Warner break away from stoppages and Hawthorns use of bigger bodies means we really should be working him into the side and utilising his strengths better. He can play as a lead up forward but I am not sure that is his best role.

“Ultimate utility who can play any line”? Reef McInnes? The guy who hasn’t established himself on ANY line at AFL level after four seasons on our list?

We do love to over-rate our players at Collingwood!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just if this year couldn't get worse lol

1. PIES DOING DOCKERS, HAWKS A FAVOUR

Collingwood is putting its veterans out to pasture for the Friday night clash against Melbourne. But a club that so craftily secured Scott Pendlebury as its second top five pick in 2005 when it gained a priority pick after a spate of late-season surgeries is this time benefiting other clubs.

Fremantle has the Pies first-rounder (the Lachie Schultz trade) and Hawthorn has Collingwood’s second-rounder (the Jack Ginnivan trade).

A win and a Freo loss would have put that selection at pick 10.
f Melbourne beats the Pies on Friday night and Essendon upsets Brisbane, Collingwood’s selection goes from the current No.9 pick to the No.7 overall pick.

That potential No.7 selection could be crucial for Fremantle in its dealings with Richmond on Shai Bolton.

Because even if it shuffles back a couple of spots through a father-son bid on Brisbane’s Levi Ashcroft and an early bid on Gold Coast’s Leo Lombard, it will still fall in the top 10.

Hawthorn can make finals and even conjure a deep run and having swapped second-rounders with the Pies, they could effectively get Jack Ginnivan for free given the trade was set up on the likelihood Collingwood would finish top four and the Hawks bottom 10.

6. HAWKS’ DAYLIGHT ROBBERY NEARLY COMPLETE

Collingwood’s first selection in this draft is currently at pick 32, given it holds Hawthorn’s second-round pick after the Jack Ginnivan trade.

Consider the possible bids to come on players before then – Levi Ashcroft, Lombard, Kako, Sam Marshall, maybe Ben Camporeale, maybe FA compensation for Battle.

If the Hawks make a deep finals run, a Collingwood side which desperately needs to secure elite young talent might be making its first bid at pick 40.

It’s why you could see them trading next year’s first-rounder into this draft, given the desperation to get into a quality draft with the key position players the Pies need.

If TJ becomes a player then we’ve stolen him from the hawks. No mention of that.

I think I we need to move on from the same discussions over and over.

If TJ becomes a player then we’ve stolen him from the hawks. No mention of that.

Yep, it’s beyond tiring at this point, and the same five posters keep going on about it and I really wish the mods would tighten up discussion on it because I just no longer pop in this thread a lot in particular

We’re getting a possible future gun player next year in the draft for nothing in McGuane.

EDIT: Have sent the mods a message to get their thoughts

Last edited:

Stormskye, not nearly enough time has passed to move on. It took BF 12 years to move on from the MM - Buckley handover

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think everyone quickly forgets what Covid was like. Particularly around international borders.

People literally had no idea whether they would be able to travel again. Months… Years… it was complete pandemonium when the borders began shutting.

I don’t blame Keane one iota for wanting to get home to his loved ones around that time.
Well he has gone home now and will miss the last game.

Could this be a big setup where he strolls out onto the stage LeBron-style and says "This spring I will be taking my talents to ... the AIA Vitality Centre and joining the Collingwood Football Club"???
More like I'm playing at Melbourne this year so everyone who put their small minds to work and devoted heaps of time to me moving, sucked in!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumours on the Carlton boards that Adelaide, Port & the Blues are super keen on Jakob Ryan.
It wouldn't surprise me if we traded him.
Why would we give him a 3 year contract and then trade him at the end of the first year?
(Unless we have something bigger in the works it doesn't seem realistic with an old list profile.)

Why would we give him a 3 year contract and then trade him at the end of the first year?
(Unless we have something bigger in the works it doesn't seem realistic with an old list profile.)
Well he's down the pecking order. He also isn't exactly a Howe replacement when he moves on in the next few years.

Considering we have alot of 20-28 aged players who do and can play half back that are higher quality, it would make sense to move Ryan on if we can get something for him as he doesn't have an obvious future at the club

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well he's down the pecking order. He also isn't exactly a Howe replacement when he moves on in the next few years.

Considering we have alot of 20-28 aged players who do and can play half back that are higher quality, it would make sense to move Ryan on if we can get something for him as he doesn't have an obvious future at the club

Ryan was pick 28 and has 2 years left on his contract.
You wouldn't give a 18 year old a 3 year contract if you didn't think he would have a future.
His value would have gone down since we drafted him so what do we get a pick in the 30's for a talented, contracted 19 year old.

Agreed I think he is a role player. Needs to be at the right club.
Happy if we keep him happy to trade.
This draft picks in top 50 could be well worth all taking and less hit and miss when we took Harrison, Draper and Cooper Murley (1 out of 3) in around the 40 mark. May also enable to package picks and go up the draft
Jiath for mine is ahead of him and maybe McInness.

Ryan was on the emg list for this game so clearly slowly moving up in the pecking order.
He has 2 years left on his contract and only 20. I wouldn't be trading him.
They see him long term player just like Allan. Both given an extension before either played a game.

I wouldn't be trading anyone under 23 given our aging list unless they wanted to leave.

Just needs a strong preseason and some consistency. Has had an up and down year with injury, but last few weeks has shown why he was drafted. Getting back into pre- concussion form.

Rumours on the Carlton boards that Adelaide, Port & the Blues are super keen on Jakob Ryan.
It wouldn't surprise me if we traded him.
Fabulous, hopefully we get something reasonable for him, because he’s as vanilla as they come.

Ryan was pick 28 and has 2 years left on his contract.
You wouldn't give a 18 year old a 3 year contract if you didn't think he would have a future.
His value would have gone down since we drafted him so what do we get a pick in the 30's for a talented, contracted 19 year old.

I’d definitely take Carlton’s Pick 35 for Ryan and hope to bundle it up and turn that into something better. Otherwise I’d even be comfortable taking it to the draft.

Personally I don’t see AFL quality traits in the way he plays. Definitely not any elite ones.

Just if this year couldn't get worse lol

1. PIES DOING DOCKERS, HAWKS A FAVOUR

Collingwood is putting its veterans out to pasture for the Friday night clash against Melbourne. But a club that so craftily secured Scott Pendlebury as its second top five pick in 2005 when it gained a priority pick after a spate of late-season surgeries is this time benefiting other clubs.

Fremantle has the Pies first-rounder (the Lachie Schultz trade) and Hawthorn has Collingwood’s second-rounder (the Jack Ginnivan trade).

A win and a Freo loss would have put that selection at pick 10.
f Melbourne beats the Pies on Friday night and Essendon upsets Brisbane, Collingwood’s selection goes from the current No.9 pick to the No.7 overall pick.

That potential No.7 selection could be crucial for Fremantle in its dealings with Richmond on Shai Bolton.

Because even if it shuffles back a couple of spots through a father-son bid on Brisbane’s Levi Ashcroft and an early bid on Gold Coast’s Leo Lombard, it will still fall in the top 10.

Hawthorn can make finals and even conjure a deep run and having swapped second-rounders with the Pies, they could effectively get Jack Ginnivan for free given the trade was set up on the likelihood Collingwood would finish top four and the Hawks bottom 10.

6. HAWKS’ DAYLIGHT ROBBERY NEARLY COMPLETE

Collingwood’s first selection in this draft is currently at pick 32, given it holds Hawthorn’s second-round pick after the Jack Ginnivan trade.

Consider the possible bids to come on players before then – Levi Ashcroft, Lombard, Kako, Sam Marshall, maybe Ben Camporeale, maybe FA compensation for Battle.

If the Hawks make a deep finals run, a Collingwood side which desperately needs to secure elite young talent might be making its first bid at pick 40.

It’s why you could see them trading next year’s first-rounder into this draft, given the desperation to get into a quality draft with the key position players the Pies need.

What's done is, is done.
(I'm glad) Ginnivan is gone. We have a variety of good small & medium forwards that many rate at or near league-best.
Wrighty is gone too. We're finishing our year as reigning premiers, & backing our list to have one more crack at it next year.. They should be well-rested, with a few minor list tweaks & coaching revamps - who knows?
We've made missteps that limit us in certain ways, & it's made worse by the AFL delaying some of the draft/trade rules... boo, ****ing, hoo, can we talk about what we CAN DO, rather than what we CAN'T.
What's.
Done.
Is.
Done.

“Ultimate utility who can play any line”? Reef McInnes? The guy who hasn’t established himself on ANY line at AFL level after four seasons on our list?

We do love to over-rate our players at Collingwood!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.coms
Reef has really only played forward for a considerable time and he has been servicable. Was a very good mid at under 18s level and looks good when he has pinched hit there.
We are now playing him down back where he can match up on taller/smaller players and with a bit of development take advantage of his speed breaking away from defence.

Issue has been his tank. Do you use him on and off bench in bursts in the middle e.g Burns/Swan.

If I wanted to beat Swans that last quarter he would have been my ultimate sub as his pace would have been able to keep up with Warner/Heeney and create more pressure around stoppage. They made us look slow.

I am not over rating him. But players like him are rare. He might be the quickest on our list he is 190cm plus. He has the ability to win the ball out of the middle. He has been ok as a leading forward averaging more than a goal a game this year.

What if we get Condon and he wins every tap out. McInness, Allan and Daicos running onto lose balls will be hard to stop.

He is a player you stick with particularly watching Hawthorn's use of bigger bodies and he is very similar to Hawks utlity Conor Nash who is now 26 and gone from Dud to good AFL player.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back