List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

My view, and it is only that, I have no information, is that Richards will be a very good player, probably as a winger. Keep him if possible. McInnes also looks like he should be kept. The reputed endurance problems, if they are real, need time to be fixed with hard work. His marking, speed and kicking are well up to scratch. I would give Kreuger one more run around too, but I don't think they will. We are entering rebuild territory, and need to take longer term looks at the players we recruit.

Peatling is a centre square mid. We don’t have many of them. Ideally neither Pendles nor Naicos would be in there next year. Allan is very promising but green. Mitchell and DeGoey are injury-prone. And we’re not getting Petracca.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Naicos will be in there next year. He was third in the league for clearances.

Imo Reef has shown he is capable in games all be it fades and inconsistent. But given his game time is also erratic and inconsistent is it really a surprise?

He hasn't been backed in for a extended block of games to settle and build connection with his team mates.
He is often asked to come in and play as a KPF when really is built for a 3rd medium tall option.
He also doesn't get the grace of small forwards who go through patches of similar form or worse.
He is a 21yo 193cm with pace and he does use it but mainly on the lead to get off his opponents. He needs to learn to use it defensively as well.
He was disappointing at VFL level this year. It was injuries and not his strong form that got him the chances he got this year.

He wasn't hard done by. Having said that, here's something there. I like the idea of defence, but if he gets another offer, I suspect he'll take it.

He was disappointing at VFL level this year. It was injuries and not his strong form that got him the chances he got this year.

He wasn't hard done by. Having said that, here's something there. I like the idea of defence, but if he gets another offer, I suspect he'll take it.
I think we might offer him a 1 year deal on the rookie list. He may search elsewhere. Macrae would be wise to speak to other clubs, he would be delisted if not for the 1 year left.

Richard’s gut feel says he takes the offer. Can’t turn down 4 years at his age/ late start.

I think we might offer him a 1 year deal on the rookie list. He may search elsewhere. Macrae would be wise to speak to other clubs, he would be delisted if not for the 1 year left.

Richard’s gut feel says he takes the offer. Can’t turn down 4 years at his age/ late start.

And it's not just contract length - it's likely opportunities in a small forward role that will also be more attractive elsewhere.

That’s his best hope with us and even then he’s a long way back given we’ll add Keane. The question ahead of the list management team is does he have the scope to push past Dean, TJ, Markov and possibly Ryan in the 12 months he’ll get on his next contract with us? AJ also needs to go back (assuming they don’t just cut their losses) so there’s roadblocks in place. Whilst none of them are insurmountable all it’ll take is an offer of any description from elsewhere and he’s off.

Two seperate Carlton mates have passed on the rumour of a trade swap. Petracca for Mackay between Carlton and Melbourne. Passing on without judgement.
That’s come via Sam McLure. Essentially it goes that Melbourne have let it be known throughout clubland that it will be a categoric no to any trade offer on Trac except Carlton offering one of Mackay or Curnow. Your Carlton mates have passed on the rumour as a Mackay for Petracca swap because they wouldn’t do it for Curnow.

But you know that’s largely irrelevant what Melbourne are saying because we can get it done for two garbage picks with it the same as our cluster**** of a salary cap position in 2020 😂

That’s his best hope with us and even then he’s a long way back given we’ll add Keane. The question ahead of the list management team is does he have the scope to push past Dean, TJ, Markov and possibly Ryan in the 12 months he’ll get on his next contract with us? AJ also needs to go back (assuming they don’t just cut their losses) so there’s roadblocks in place. Whilst none of them are insurmountable all it’ll take is an offer of any description from elsewhere and he’s off.

The issue is that we don't really know what he'd be as a defender. Would he play tall or as a general defender? If his endurance is an issue, he's unlikely to be a running back. If they wanted to use Maynard or IQ in running roles, he might be a better option as a stay at home general defender than those on that list currently are, but who knows?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My view, and it is only that, I have no information, is that Richards will be a very good player, probably as a winger. Keep him if possible. McInnes also looks like he should be kept. The reputed endurance problems, if they are real, need time to be fixed with hard work. His marking, speed and kicking are well up to scratch. I would give Kreuger one more run around too, but I don't think they will. We are entering rebuild territory, and need to take longer term looks at the players we recruit.
Reef's kicking is pretty good, but his marking is far from what I'd expect of a player of his frame at his age. As a forward, he is probably better at crumbing than he is being a marking target. He has wheels but what use are they when he doesn't get enough of the footy, and his defensive pressure is borderline non-existent.

Reef's goal kicking ability isn't too far removed from that of Trey Ruscoe's early in his career, IMO. Many of them are opportunistic and rarely display genuine forward craft. Sure all goals are six points at the end of the day, but when you're in a development phase, you need to show more to suggest you're improving and can be relied on in the future. I don't think Reef has improved much at all since his earliest run of games two and a half years ago.

I think the club should offer one year. If he chooses to pursue a deal elsewhere, it is what it is. I don't think he's shown enough to haggle with another club for.

That’s come via Sam McLure. Essentially it goes that Melbourne have let it be known throughout clubland that it will be a categoric no to any trade offer on Trac except Carlton offering one of Mackay or Curnow. Your Carlton mates have passed on the rumour as a Mackay for Petracca swap because they wouldn’t do it for Curnow.

But you know that’s largely irrelevant what Melbourne are saying because we can get it done for two garbage picks with it the same as our cluster**** of a salary cap position in 2020 😂

Not what was said I said a future first and change which imo is a reasonable offer for a 29yo who wants nothing to do with his club allegedly.
It doesn't matter what Melbourne say as Petracca does not have to go anywhere.

Melbourne are not in that strong of a position as you claim them to be.

Petracca can shoe horn them as well.

Carlton offer is no different to Gold Coasts offer of pick 5 for Treloar in our as you said cluster **** fire sale.
Doesn't matter what clubs offer if he only willing to go to one club. It seems to be something you guys are not factoring in.

Edit: also you seem to not be factoring in that this was based on the rumour that Petracca was willing to rip up his contract and walk away from Melbourne FC.
That thier relationship was beyond repair and his club of choice was collingwood.
My comment was based off that alleged scenario (idgaf if you think the rumour is BS I was commenting on a what if).
Melbourne position if Trac decides to play hard ball is not much different to collingwoods despite the reasons being different.

Last edited:

I still think he can make it even as a 3rd tall. Not asked to be a leading man and he would get off the chain more. Needs to study Rohans Geelongs game similar attributes.

McClure and Robbo. Carlton and Essendon's fan boy journos that peddle dribble about both endlessly

I still think he can make it even as a 3rd tall. Not asked to be a leading man and he would get off the chain more. Needs to study Rohans Geelongs game similar attributes.

He'd need to be able to massively up the repeat efforts, but heir apparent to Elliott's role seems his most suitable forward role.

Providing he passes a medical… I’m fine on Lynch

Spread his deal out over 2 years. Will only cost a late pick… still keep our range of picks next year for mcguane

And he is an upgrade on Johnson.

Yes there is risk… but if they are rolling the dice next year on another flag anyhow

A fit lynch could be a real asset

Providing he passes a medical… I’m fine on Lynch

Spread his deal out over 2 years. Will only cost a late pick… still keep our range of picks next year for mcguane

And he is an upgrade on Johnson.

Yes there is risk… but if they are rolling the dice next year on another flag anyhow

A fit lynch could be a real asset
He’s guaranteed 1.5 whiskey. Say you spread it to 2 mill, that’s 1 mill a season. For a bloke that’s soon to be 32 with cooked hammys. Unless it’s a fire sale (which it won’t be) huge no from me.

our forward line is strong when fully fit. I’d rather keep the cap for FA’s in 26.

He’s guaranteed 1.5 whiskey. Say you spread it to 2 mill, that’s 1 mill a season. For a bloke that’s soon to be 32 with cooked hammys. Unless it’s a fire sale (which it won’t be) huge no from me.

our forward line is strong when fully fit.
Agree. What we could get for that money, I wouldn't be wasting it on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back