List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone even stopped to ask why we need Petracca? our midfield is fine as it is and bringing another midfielder will inevitably push out either De Goey or Mitchell. I'm just not sure what the thought process is, get a big fish for the sake of getting a big fish?

With no DeGoey, or even with him, our midfield is sluggish, IMO. Players such as LDU with real power off the mark clean us up regularly and have done even in the recent good years.

LDU next year as free agent would be the dream outcome but that is 50-1, so it's clear we need some real speed and power in the middle. Allan show some of that but has a long way to go. He played well in the last game but that was pretty much a practice match in terms of intensity.

Even a quick, powerful defensive mid would be a boon heading into 2025, let alone an A-grade bull.

The interesting point about Petracca is "enhancing his brand". To me that says he wants to go somewhere he can have maximum exposure to boost his marketability. Now what club has the most members and gets the biggest crowds through the gates? :think:
It seems apparent that he wants to get to Collingwood.
What’s not clear is exactly how the trade would be facilitated.

Agree, get this guy if we can
The only doubt I have with a Peatling trade is that he fits the out of sight out of mind mould because his numbers don’t jump off the page at you, he wasn’t a high draft pick like say Phillips and he’s off broadway at GWS. All of that leads to supporter misalignment if he’s the best player we land. I’d liken him to George Hewett in that he just needs increased opportunity to show what he can do and would expect a Lipinski 2022 type season from him next year as a minimum.

The only doubt I have with a Peatling trade is that he fits the out of sight out of mind mould because his numbers don’t jump off the page at you, he wasn’t a high draft pick like say Phillips and he’s off broadway at GWS. All of that leads to supporter misalignment if he’s the best player we land. I’d liken him to George Hewett in that he just needs increased opportunity to show what he can do and would expect a Lipinski 2022 type season from him next year as a minimum.
Is he an inside mid? Why are his numbers so average, sub? Don't know much about him

I would prefer we get pick 20 for JFN and take it to the draft and get a kf and not touch our future first.
Get Davies for our 2nd rounder, if not him then Berry or similar and see if we can get another pick via trading someone else surplus to us.
Bring in a stop gap UFA kd and get Keane next year for free. I'd rather keep Richards but maybe that could be a player swap if he decides to go.
Love Trac but not at the expense of the clubs stability, cap wise.
As far as Lynch is concerned, he's a knob BUT if we get a 1st round pick with said knob then I can live with that 😬

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You really need to stop posting shit like this. Even in your "dark example', there is no manslaughter, at worst a wrongful death action which gets covered by insurance. And no, the "Petracca family"(wtf does that mean anyway - he is not a child) have no available action against Melbourne.

Sideswipe let me start by saying I respect you as a poster.

You had a crack at me for posting something similar.

The community response to men’s mental health is hype that is not available to men that need it.

I will say it again and it’s the point 90% are missing and refuse to acknowledge, some even claim it’s a team Petracca manipulation.

Trac by his own words is suffering from trauma related mental health issues. It affects how you think, what you say and how you behave. It seems everyone is judging him as a player and person pre injury.

Melbourne FC, clearly some players (Lever et el), Lyon and journos have shown no empathy. If you don’t get it then you don’t get it.

Anyone who looks at his trade value and not the circumstances is missing the point.

It’s sad this is being played out in public. Petracca was forced to respond re his mental health due to the narrative being pushed by the Demons and the media.

There is a long way to go in this saga and sadly for Melbourne, it’s not who he is as a player or value; it is about what’s best for his mental health.

I respect you would like to isolate Petracca solely on trade value but his issues are complex and need some understanding.

I hope he recovers and enjoys his footy again, wherever that may be.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sam McClure on the Tradies podcast this morning said he thinks Adam Tomlinson will be at Collingwood next year.

Mitch Cleary responded saying he has heard Pies and Saints are the two that are interested.
I was told that awhile ago but told not to say anything. I know little about him except he's old and free.

Sideswipe let me start by saying I respect you as a poster.

You had a crack at me for posting something similar.

The community response to men’s mental health is hype that is not available to men that need it.

I will say it again and it’s the point 90% are missing and refuse to acknowledge, some even claim it’s a team Petracca manipulation.

Trac by his own words is suffering from trauma related mental health issues. It affects how you think, what you say and how you behave. It seems everyone is judging him as a player and person pre injury.

Melbourne FC, clearly some players (Lever et el), Lyon and journos have shown no empathy. If you don’t get it then you don’t get it.

Anyone who looks at his trade value and not the circumstances is missing the point.

It’s sad this is being played out in public. Petracca was forced to respond re his mental health due to the narrative being pushed by the Demons and the media.

There is a long way to go in this saga and sadly for Melbourne, it’s not who he is as a player or value; it is about what’s best for his mental health.

I respect you would like to isolate Petracca solely on trade value but his issues are complex and need some understanding.

I hope he recovers and enjoys his footy again, wherever that may be.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'm not sure how or where I had a crack at you? I have made no comment about Petracca's mental health. It's none of my business. Although Trac seems more than happy to talk about it in podcasts recorded well before any trade speculation began. So your claim that he was "forced to respond" is wrong.

The only thing I have addressed is the repeated and flawed claim that Petracca might have some form of legal redress against Melbourne.

Has anyone even stopped to ask why we need Petracca? our midfield is fine as it is and bringing another midfielder will inevitably push out either De Goey or Mitchell. I'm just not sure what the thought process is, get a big fish for the sake of getting a big fish?

Lol wut

The Pies kryptonite is the center bounce.

The Pies defense and frantice forward line pressure are two pillars that are holding the Pies up.

Ignore Nick Daicos magic here and there off a bounce at the middle as that is not sustainable.

The Pies center lineup is its weakest link since Pendleburry, Mitchell and DeGoey are rarely together or just old. Besides Pendles is usually positioned tactically to boost spots on the field. Basically the designated center square players are often beaten badly by other good teams.
Just look at the recent Carlton match where Cripps mogged Long 4 consecutive clearance off the bounce which almost got them home.

Petracca at the middle means another class player who can win the ball and distribute it forward.

DeGoey is also only great at center as a burst type plugged in when there's favourable matchup. He is shocking at handballs so it's a double edged sword. But as a forward DeGoey attracts attention big time so it helps others.

I think Petracca will be out of MFC - no doubt.
I also think the possible legal implications of his injury, return to the field etc., are going to make the AFL get MFC to get a deal done (and quickly) as the ramifications on the AFL would be a public relations black eye.

I’m not sure how you can say that our midfield is fine as it is when we’re relying on Pendlebury and Sidebottom to run through there while having to utilise Nick in a contested role rather than being a receiver. More than half our midfield is on the wrong side of 30, adding Petracca and eliminating the need to rely on our older guys would be a blessing.

I have to admit I haven't seen a whole lot of GWS games this year but it's promising to see Peatling has featured in most. Can someone give me a quick run down on how he plays and how he'd fit into the way we play?

Scodog10 I've seen you mention him plenty
He featured very heavily in the CBA's for the Giants in the back end with the Cogs/Kelly injuries. Got some nice disposal and tackle numbers, so could be the defensive mid we need, and takes some load off Nick and Jordy

I like Peatling as an addition if we can get him - and seems more realistic than chasing Petracca whom I think is just a bridge too far for us.

In terms of the others mentioned in prior posts
  • Lynch - please no - huge salary and injury prone
  • Tomlinson - yuk - I suppose we dont have much in the way of KPD
  • Keane - if we get him I hope its for next to nothing
  • Lukosius - not for us. Big salary and he will end up in Adelaide.
I hope we can get something decent back for Richards and Noble and use that to trade up the order to a top 20 pick. In the end we get Peatling (Tomlinson), and a highish draft pick and that will be our trade season.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back