List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne's on the nose position just makes it so hard to see what deal would work.

Their list means they need players not picks. But whose going to go to the Dees at the moment? With Clarry and Viney, they could afford to lose him and it might even be a good thing if they could attract quality in an area of need like talk forward or outside runners and users. But that's not going to happen.

They're in a terrible position and have to try to woo him back.
I agree. They are in a terrible position.

The old Boys club media of Lyon, Ralph etc were calling Petracca precious & that he needed to toughen up.

However their President's train wreck of an interview yesterday confirmed Petracca's view that he has not heard from Melbourne's Leadership. Goodwin last week also stated he had not spoken with Petracca.

Public opinion may shift now.

However unless his team-mates go to the club & say we do not want to play with someone who does not want to be here or Melbourne fold on their demands and trade him, then they need to start rebuilding some big bridges before there is nothing left to rebuild

Sounds like we couldn’t afford or didn’t want to pay his whole salary.

6ce4521008d4cc1cda1e479df7e32cba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
900k 😂. I’d be happy to state it has nothing to do with not being able to afford it and more that we don’t value him in the realm as Jeremy Cameron $. These suns deals are insane..

I agree. They are in a terrible position.

The old Boys club media of Lyon, Ralph etc were calling Petracca precious & that he needed to toughen up.

However their President's train wreck of an interview yesterday confirmed Petracca's view that he has not heard from Melbourne's Leadership. Goodwin last week also stated he had not spoken with Petracca.

Public opinion may shift now.

However unless his team-mates go to the club & say we do not want to play with someone who does not want to be here or Melbourne fold on their demands and trade him, then they need to start rebuilding some big bridges before there is nothing left to rebuild

Is this the same or different Gary Lyon that ran away and hid, when he had his own personal issues?

CP was an interesting listen on the Howie games podcast. The mental scars are the things he’s probably struggling with the most. He sees things that trigger his memory of the incident/issue. Is seeing Darcy Moore every day going to be helpful to him?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Petracca is on record saying he has heard from Darcy the most since the incident, for which he is most grateful for

Yes. One poster suggested it.

Idea was to get yourself a whiz bang midfield whilst trading out your (almost) AA ruckman.

I'm sure Cameron would love to go Melbourne & get the treatment Grundy got 🙄

This Trac stuff has become so tiresome. I'm hoping he just stays at Melbourne.
Ok to be fair, while I don’t necessarily agree with the idea of trading out Cameron either, the whole Grundy comparison is a bit disingenuous. The reason Grundy didn’t work well with Gawn is that he can’t bloody mark the ball and as a result was useless playing the role that Jackson had previously done. Cameron is probably the best marking ruck in the league behind Gawn, and he has some forward craft. Pairing him with Gawn would actually be a scary prospect, much moreso than pairing Gawn with a Grundy type who needs to be in the ruck close to 100% to be worthwhile in a team.

If trac nominates us
We will do everything we can to make it work. Has there been any player nominated club that hasn’t been pulled off?
I doubt anyone wants to go to melb so I agree with the picks only and maybe a fringe for more opportunities
They won’t get a big name in return
Was Melb “doing everything to make it work”, by giving pick 27 for Grundy, and similarly Geel giving unders for Ollie?

Melb gave us unders - and they will get unders from us, because the power balance is reversed and they don’t have the upper hand in the negotiation if Petracca nominates Coll.

Last edited:
Yes... and then what? How do we get him without giving away one of our best 5 players? Melbourne has stated they want a KPF, not draft picks.

Thats for the footy bosses to work out, but if he nominates Collingwood only and his position at Melbourne is untenable then it gives us more power in the negotiations.

But of course Melbourne are going to aim high, as every team does at the beginning of negotiations. But when it becomes obvious they cannot get what they want then they’ll have to settle for a more realistic offer.

Ok to be fair, while I don’t necessarily agree with the idea of trading out Cameron either, the whole Grundy comparison is a bit disingenuous. The reason Grundy didn’t work well with Gawn is that he can’t bloody mark the ball and as a result was useless playing the role that Jackson had previously done. Cameron is probably the best marking ruck in the league behind Gawn, and he has some forward craft. Pairing him with Gawn would actually be a scary prospect, much moreso than pairing Gawn with a Grundy type who needs to be in the ruck close to 100% to be worthwhile in a team.
Gawn wants to be the main man.

Dees need a kpf who can help in the ruck. Not a ruckman who can help out in the forward line, which would be Cameron.

Anyway it's a dumb idea for us too. We're not giving up our number 1 ruck man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our best hope is Petracca simply nominating Collingwood and Collingwood only, saves anyone trying to outbid us.

But Carlton surely cannot afford him without giving away one of their top 5 players, there is no way they could have those top name players on the books and have a spare 1.5 million in the cap…

But as most people say, none of them are going to agree to be traded to Melbourne, but there’s always the risk Carlton can offload one elsewhere to free up the space and get in some trade currency.

So we need Trac to say, I want to go to Collingwood and hopefully it happens close to the trade period.
……or can they? :think:

If you think carlton can't do it without trading a big player, then the same applies to us.
No player will risk nominating a club unless they think a deal can be done. And all signs point to no, unless we unload jordy.
We dont have the picks, and if you're not willing to use big players, then there is no point going down that path.

If they had bought in trading 2 years in the future this year, there could have bee a way. Or if this was next year, it opens up a possibility. But thats not the case

Players have nominated clubs before unsure if the deal can be done, how do think B.Hill is a Pie and not a Bomber right now.

C.McCarthy rip had to wait out a year to go to freo but nominated them originally.

Petracca if he REALLY wants to be a pie has a genuine chat with our coach and list management team about what they are prepared to put up as a reasonable trade to get it down before they walk.
Petracca then understands where the line is and he may or may not get it done depending on Melbourne's stubbornness.

He then goes okay I'll do my bit and try help with nominating Pies alone and leak rumours ofwilling to walk away if not or other "news" of why he wants out keep media pressure on Melbourne to deal. Potentially seek arbitration.

Pies need to hold firm and be actually willing to walk from the deal.
This is something we appear to have lost at the trade table for a decade that in the end we can walk.

Nominating us is the majority of the battle one. He’s not nominating a club without a certain degree of confidence a deal can be done which would already have been discussed behind closed doors between his management and the two clubs he’ll look to get to.
I think you’re being way too generous Sco.

I’d equally think CP would be saying “I’m going to Club X FU get it done”

I don’t think we should underestimate the strength of his disillusionment and anger with Melb.

Yes... and then what? How do we get him without giving away one of our best 5 players? Melbourne has stated they want a KPF, not draft picks.
Melbourne need to, and probably will come to accept over the coming weeks that no player of quality will be wanting to come to them this year, so the whole “we want a KP for Trac” bit is just chest beating at this point.
They’ll have to make a decision soon enough. Is it worth keeping a disgruntled player who has clearly already mentally checked out of the club worth more than getting some draft picks and then trying to get your house in order without any distractions?

It’s an interesting watch if nothing else.

On Adelaide radio this morning Houston said he’s staying put.

Edit. Changed out to PUT.
I don’t blame him, Port is a far more desirable place to be than either of Melbourne or StKilda right now!

Yes. One poster suggested it.

Idea was to get yourself a whiz bang midfield whilst trading out your (almost) AA ruckman.

I'm sure Cameron would love to go Melbourne & get the treatment Grundy got 🙄

This Trac stuff has become so tiresome. I'm hoping he just stays at Melbourne.
True, if I see his name posted I move on

Also... didn't even realise I had a Maccas subscription or whatever, but I just got an email saying the Monopoly game is nearly back. I can't be the only one that affiliates the Maccas Monopoly Game with Trade Radio.

And then there's Pope. Because that's how your garden grows!
Brand Petracca is connected to the tap timer

Sounds like we couldn’t afford or didn’t want to pay his whole salary.

6ce4521008d4cc1cda1e479df7e32cba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A different reporter a different context. I took Ralph's comments yesterday as we could cover the back-ended contract but we knocked it back because we were hoping it was a salary dump with a 1st round pick attached (ala Bowes). We were not after Lukosius per se but the pick.

However this reporter is saying something completely different. He inferred we were after Lukosius but we couldn't take on his full contract & hoped that GC would stump up some of his contract (no mention of a pick).

Is it just me or is the disparity the media and even some of our fans show between de goey and Petracca completely disrespectful to JDG?

I’m sorry, in no world does JDG for TRAC require us to include anything significantly extra in terms of player or pick.

JDG is a proven big game, finals performing player whom is loved by all his team mates and has delivered for the club in the very biggest moments.

Reckon Jordan's best is actually better then Tracs he's just far far more inconsistent.

For me that is a zero sum move. Not worth the playing list disharmony and feels a bit on the nose imo.

Trac for a F1 and a 2nd (Hawks) should be our line. If anything extra Hawks 3rd also thrown in.
It does require Petracca to shit or get off the pot however to prevent other teams "bidding" on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back