List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

It helps Dees more than it helps us, imo.

That's why I think it's one of the worst suggestions.
Cameron is good but at the end of the day he’s replaceable to a certain extent. Losing a top 5 mid in the comp would hurt far more than losing Cameron, just as gaining a top 5, 4x AA mid is far more desirable than gaining a ruck/forward who’s made the AA extended squad once.

As an aside, you’re all over the shop here. You previously said they don’t need a Cameron type, and now you’re saying that the trade helps the Dees more than it helps us?

I get that you don’t like the trade, and that’s fine, but you’re a little inconsistent here.

Reckon Jordan's best is actually better then Tracs he's just far far more inconsistent.

For me that is a zero sum move. Not worth the playing list disharmony and feels a bit on the nose imo.

Trac for a F1 and a 2nd (Hawks) should be our line. If anything extra Hawks 3rd also thrown in.
It does require Petracca to shit or get off the pot however to prevent other teams "bidding" on him.
Has De Goey ever played a game as good as Petracca's grand final? I can't think of one. I don't think De Goey's best is better than Petracca's. He is also injured more often, and less consistently elite.

Stringer had lunch with Fly and manager early in the week.
Gross. I’ll begrudgingly admit he’d be good in our forward line, but his injury history, fitness and attitude makes it a hard no from me.

Has De Goey ever played a game as good as Petracca's grand final? I can't think of one. I don't think De Goey's best is better than Petracca's. He is also injured more often, and less consistently elite.

I said he's less consistent and yeah I think he has if you take away the importance of the day.

Of course just my opinion it's ok if other disagree, tracks a genuine star but imo this move is not worth it.

I wonder if there is any way we could get into a 3-way and maybe get McKay and Carlton get Petracca.
Can we offer Carlton next year's 1st and a player which they can use deal with Melbourne?

I wonder if there is any way we could get into a 3-way and maybe get McKay and Carlton get Petracca.
Can we offer Carlton next year's 1st and a player which they can use deal with Melbourne?
I would rather not help Carlton assemble the best midfield in the competition, as much as McKay has improved this year (in terms of reliability)

Normally I don’t think Carlton would want to get involved in a deal that could benefit us, but maybe we could remind them of the golden rule:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stringers biggest issue is he never found the week to week consistency to become elite.

His best is game breaking match winner.
That he is. But it seems from the outside he could be in better condition and maybe his professionalism could be imporved. I suppose if he costs us nothing and all we need to do is offer a 2 year deal, why not?

If it's for sweet fa in trade cost why not?

He is also more then capable for bursts on ball. Very similar to Degoey in how they play just not quite at Jordans tier.
I just have a sneaking suspicion he’d be in our rehab group more than he’d be playing.

I can see that being the case. Sicily is the only one who would have been on a justifiably big contract at the start of the last two seasons. They would have had them front loaded the last two years to meet the minumum cap spend.

Yes, but i'm talking a number of their young guns like Weddle, Mcdonald, Watson etc that will want big pay days in a couple of years. Guys like Sicily n co will have been laughing with the amount of cash they've been earning in recent years.

It’s the two year deal that scares me about Stringer. He’s no stranger, we know what he’s like when the short term future is cushy. If he wants to come play and help us contend, he’d be a good target but only offer one year with performance triggers for a second year.

He may be lazy and a tad selfish, but he’s no spud. He kicked 42 goals this year which is equal the amount of the highly coveted Tyson Stengle whom many believe should have been AA.

42 goals is the second highest of any Magpie in a H&A season since Travis Cloke’s 2013 season.

Stringers biggest issue is he never found the week to week consistency to become elite.

His best is game breaking match winner.
So there is Dusty.

Then Trac (not sure what shop he is)

Then De Goey (Kmart Dusty)

Then Stringer ($2 shop Dusty)

If we end up with Stringer, I would be devastated. I cannot think of a player I loathe more. Perhaps only Alessio from back in the day. Yuk.

Cameron is good but at the end of the day he’s replaceable to a certain extent. Losing a top 5 mid in the comp would hurt far more than losing Cameron, just as gaining a top 5, 4x AA mid is far more desirable than gaining a ruck/forward who’s made the AA extended squad once.

As an aside, you’re all over the shop here. You previously said they don’t need a Cameron type, and now you’re saying that the trade helps the Dees more than it helps us?

I get that you don’t like the trade, and that’s fine, but you’re a little inconsistent here.
I don't think they need a Cameron type. I think they need a kpf who can ruck.

But if they did get Cameron, I still think them getting him would be more of a positive for them. We lose more if he left, imo.

Perhaps they should be going after Soldo. And work on keeping Trac.

Anyway, as you say it's not worth wasting time on, because no one wants to go to MFC anyway 🤣

Last edited:
There style will start to get targetted - so it will depend on whether it stands up.

But yes - strong pieces that will turn a current weakness into a significant strength.

Pretty sure they're the number 1 defence in the 2nd half of this season.

A ridiculous % of around 170 in the past 10 games.

Last edited:
So there is Dusty.

Then Trac (not sure what shop he is)

Then De Goey (Kmart Dusty)

Then Stringer ($2 shop Dusty)

If we end up with Stringer, I would be devastated. I cannot think of a player I loathe more. Perhaps only Alessio from back in the day. Yuk.
Stringer in a Pies jumper would be so uniquely hated. That alone makes me want it to happen. Villainous beyond reason

Yes, but i'm talking a number of their young guns like Weddle, Mcdonald, Watson etc that will want big pay days in a couple of years. Guys like Sicily n co will have been laughing with the amount of cash they've been earning in recent years.
Their best player, Will Day, has recently been well looked after. There was talk at one stage Adelaide were trying to get him back home.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back