List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Merrett wants Essendon to be a boys' club for him and his buddies, so he tackled Scott after they delisted Hind, who is one of the aforementioned buddies, along with Stringer and Laverde.
That's tail wagging dog stuff - Merrett should concentrate on playing footy.
I'd love to see Merrett tackle Scott.

Tell me you've done no research into those numbers without telling me...

God we're a sensitive bunch aren't we. Another poster said 20 disposals when not the sub which still isn't that great for a midfielder entering their peak.

Its fair enough from scott. Once you are over 30, it should be 1 year contracts. Its generally how we operate as well.

The general view is that he plays a good game here and there, and puts the effort in when he feels like it. But if he doesn't feel like turning up, he wont. Most essendon fans want him gone.

You know him do you? Degoey was a low life in the eyes of many on this board a couple of seasons ago. They were demanding we delist or trade him.

Now he is a beloved premiership hero. The media is full of shit. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.
The media? I don’t think the media would make up a story about a player cheating on their pregnant fiancé with a 17 year old school girl and gambling all their life savings away. What Stinger did is a far cry from the relatively mild indiscretions of Jordy by comparison. If you want to overlook that then fine, but he’ll never stop being the biggest pos in the AFL in my eyes.

Are you referring to one of my old posts?

True, but sad story, I was visiting an old friend (mad Pies fan) in St Vincent’s Hospital who very sadly was dying. The Pies were playing at the G that night, and she was holding my hand and looking out the window, and said ‘I can see the light’.

I shifted uncomfortably beside her, thinking she was about to get religious on me, and asked what she meant. And she said look - I can see the MCG light towers from here!
Could have been - I've spent some time in those hospitals recently but your post rings a bell

Yep. Stringer is more of a blimp on the radar.
nbc GIF by Timeless

I could be totally off the mark but just feel like Stringer beats up on lowly teams under the roof at Marvel. Which we don’t get much of a chance to do.

I’d like to know what his record at the G is in comparison (as this is where he’d play more games with us).

What I do know though is that he absolutely brained us out of the middle in the ANZAC clash this year. Almost got the Dons over the line that day with a dominant 20 min burst in the middle. Can recall him getting a heap of centre clearances; we had no answer to him. Maybe we could use him like that. Mainly up fwd but give a burst in the guts to send JDG or ND fwd.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Very good player when he feels like it. Such as ANZAC Day.

Problem is he’s incredibly lazy, only puts in effort when it suits him. That doesn’t work for us. It’s why Ginnivan is gone.

Your insistence that all the facts are in the public domain is also just as tenuous. So your strident insistence therefore that I can’t possibly have a point is a hollow.

In the real world, legal action is far detailed and nuanced than the selective facts disclosed to the public.
I’m not insisting all facts are or aren’t in the public domain, all spin. That remains to be seen. What I am saying is that sideswipe has used all available info to form an opinion, which is the logical and rational thing to do, while you’re creating hypotheticals based on your imagination working on the assumption that there’s damning info being withheld.

If you want to believe your own fantasies then have at it, but don’t pretend that others who work on all the actual facts that are available are the ones not living in the real world. It’s pathetic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Merrett wants Essendon to be a boys' club for him and his buddies, so he tackled Scott after they delisted Hind, who is one of the aforementioned buddies, along with Stringer and Laverde.
That's tail wagging dog stuff - Merrett should concentrate on playing footy.
Merrett seems a bit of a strange cat. Wasn’t the whole thing and his contract last year cause he wanted Essendon to be more competitive, match his ambition and win and all that?

A coach comes in who identifies players who should not be relied on going forward and makes hard calls, and he has a whinge cause they’re his friends? Sounds like a high maintenance partner

Taught to run long distance??

Don’t you just start running, it doesn’t need much thought let alone someone to teach you!

Couldn’t imagine Fly got much conversation, just a few grunts and fart noises coming back in that lunch meet.

Big NO
Yep. Start running and just go a little bit further. Hardly rocket science

The media? I don’t think the media would make up a story about a player cheating on their pregnant fiancé with a 17 year old school girl and gambling all their life savings away. What Stinger did is a far cry from the relatively mild indiscretions of Jordy by comparison. If you want to overlook that then fine, but he’ll never stop being the biggest pos in the AFL in my eyes.
He might have a gambling addiction which is every bit as destructive as a drug addiction. We usually give some form of empathy for both the addict and those they have hurt in that scenario. We have only heard one side of the story. As for affairs in relationships-that should never be for public consumption. Those are issues which are resolved for better or worse in private. Why would you run to the media to air your personal and private relationship issues?

Literally thousands of people go through similar scenarios every day.

I would never write off a person for being flawed and doing the wrong thing. You can condemn an action without giving up on the person. How many posters here would be happy to have their personal issues presented in bold headlines in the Herald Sun and all from the perspective of their ex?

I said I wasn't that excited. That's a feeling not a judgement.
Were your feelings not based on an initial quick judgement of his numbers? If not then what were they based on? The vibe?

Agree. Close 2nd to Thomas.

WHIPPING BOYS
So this year was Shultz
Next year is Stringer (if we get him)
Have I got that right?
If no Stringer, does Shultz hit his second season as whipping boy or do we have someone else in mind?
Definitely don’t want Stringer, however as crazy as it sounds he would actually perform better in our team. Plenty of others around the forward half to apply pressure allowing him to kick goals.

He might have a gambling addiction which is every bit as destructive as a drug addiction. We usually give some form of empathy for both the addict and those they have hurt in that scenario. We have only heard one side of the story. As for affairs in relationships-that should never be for public consumption. Those are issues which are resolved for better or worse in private. Why would you run to the media to air your personal and private relationship issues?

Literally thousands of people go through similar scenarios every day.

I would never write off a person for being flawed and doing the wrong thing. You can condemn an action without giving up on the person. How many posters here would be happy to have their personal issues presented in bold headlines in the Herald Sun and all from the perspective of their ex?
Thousands of people do the dirty on their pregnant missus with school girls? Even putting the gambling aside, that’s life destroying shit, and there’s no excuse for it. There’s a reason why his team mates wanted him out of the club at the Bulldogs and I’m sure they had the opportunity to hear both sides of the story.
But f*** me… if you really believe there’s any justification for doing the dirty on your pregnant missus with a school girl barely over the age of consent, then you seriously need help.

Yeah, it was all her fault.
Diddums…hysteria amplifier. No one said it was all her fault. If you have a child in the dynamic, you have a responsibility to put them first…behave like an adult. Any grievance she had with Jake should have been managed outside of the media.

Going public like that helps nobody, least of all her.

You’re not the Minister for morals and ethics, have some humility.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back