List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait!

[Quick anecdote: I was once going out with a very cute Japanese woman who was away in another country for a while. When there was just about two weeks to go before she returned to Japan, where I was based, I was on the phone with her and said, "I can't wait". There was a short pause on the other end before she finally said, "But, you have to"...]
As a teenager, I worked at the snow with a South African guy. The boss came up to him and said, "I might get you to empty those bins." He responded with, "Let me know when you make up your mind."

"Gold Coast, North Melbourne, Adelaide and St Kilda are believed to be circling Collingwood's Paul Seedsman.

The Suns and Roos have already met with Seedsman, but the Brisbane Lions, who were previously linked with him as part of a possible trade for James Aish, are unlikely to pursue the 23-year-old"

and

"Gold Coast's Aaron Hall has signed a new deal that will tie him to the Suns until the end of the 2018 season"

So apparently Denham said on SEN this morning, Jeremy Howe to pies.

Thoughts?
I would give my left testicle to get Howe, potentially he could be one of the most valuable players in the AFL and even as is he is more than serviceable. What he should be though is a marking and better rebounding version of Josh Gibson. A backline of Reid, Brown, Willliams, Scharenberg, Langdon and Howe is elite in a year or two imo.

"Gold Coast, North Melbourne, Adelaide and St Kilda are believed to be circling Collingwood's Paul Seedsman.

The Suns and Roos have already met with Seedsman, but the Brisbane Lions, who were previously linked with him as part of a possible trade for James Aish, are unlikely to pursue the 23-year-old"

and

"Gold Coast's Aaron Hall has signed a new deal that will tie him to the Suns until the end of the 2018 season"
Hey rocket do us a favour and trade your first round pick for seeds and two second round picks, cheers bud ;)

and

Pick 5 for seed, freeman and our second rounder. That is all.

I would give my left testicle to get Howe, potentially he could be one of the most valuable players in the AFL and even as is he is more than serviceable. What he should be though is a marking and better rebounding version of Josh Gibson. A backline of Reid, Brown, Willliams, Scharenberg, Langdon and Howe is elite in a year or two imo.
Wow. There are some big wraps there.

Genuine questions. Keep in mind I haven't seen a lot of him as I don't like watching Melbourne.

What does he offer? What does he have that will make us a better team? Where does he play in our team?

Genuine questions. Keep in mind I haven't seen a lot of him as I don't like watching Melbourne.

What does he offer? What does he have that will make us a better team? Where does he play in our team?
Well he should play half back and in theory he should be an awesome intercept marking/ third man up defender who is good on the rebound. He is a good height, has a phenomenal leap, good decision maker and good kick. Admittedly he is not the greatest 1v1 defender but that is not that important especially when you have a good system and his potential to intercept mark, and go third man up could be very important from our team defence sense. He'd basically be like Maxwell but a much better version

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well he should play half back and in theory he should be an awesome intercept marking/ third man up defender who is good on the rebound. He is a good height, has a phenomenal leap, good decision maker and good kick. Admittedly he is not the greatest 1v1 defender but that is not that important especially when you have a good system and his potential to intercept mark, and go third man up could be very important from our team defence sense. He'd basically be like Maxwell but a much better version

Do you think he is worth 600k?

I doubt it but I don't anyone will be offering that much. fwiw I don't really have a clue about our salary cap and how much 600k is actually worth. Also, is it actually fact the he wants 600k. If I were him I'd just want to leave Melbourne.

I suppose none of really have an idea what they're worth. Just going speculation. I'm using trelaor numbers (alleged) as the measuring stick. 700-750k.

I'm using that figure to make my assumptions.

Frost didn't take a paycut to stay on the rookie list. He is getting just as much as he would have if he was a senior listed player, just doesn't have the official 'senior listed' title. Rookies don't actually have to be paid the minimum rookie wage.

So is he even able to be traded

To many rumours going around I hope we don't go for suckling cause who ever we drafted from Hawks has turned out to be a dud

He is a Fantastic Kick. Though talk he is off to the Bears

Sounds like the amount of interest in Seed will see us get something relatively decent in return. I'd take a 2nd rounder and run if we could get that.

If we drive a hard enough bargain on Freeman I can see us getting Saints 2nd too.

Along with our own we could end up with 3 2nd rounders this year. They will come in handy chasing the mature bodies that Pert alluded to in his interview on radio a few weeks ago. You may still be happy Mick39

Seems interesting then that we would throw next years 2nd to GWS as part of Treloar instead of using this years ones.

Maybe 1st 2015, 2nd 2016 for Treloar
Two x 2015 2nd rounders to Brisbane for Aish
1 x 2015 2nd rounder (plus maybe fringe BK) for Howe

Pretty light on for this years draft but we will keep pick 1 2016.

If Aish is out then keep a 2nd this draft and chase another mature body with the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back