Collingwood vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

No hes not. Walker shower more in his first game than Daisy has shown throught his career. Had it not been for injuries, walker would be far far far far ahead of Daisy.

Marty McGrath showed a bit in his first game for Richmond too you know...

FB: Maxwell Prestigiacomo Toovey
HB: Shaw Brown O'Brien

Collingwood's backline is over hyped. Presti & Brown cannot and will not hold KP players who are mobile and fast like Fev. Riewoldt and Franklin. At best they are plodders, especially Presti. Maxwell has surprised and does a great job 3rd man up/loose. Shaw has been found out and made accountable at last and Toovey/O'Brien, well enough said.

C: Thomas, Pendlebury Didak

Softess centre-line every to grace a footy field. IF the others can win enough ball to feed them and they are not manned up they can hurt you but how many times has Thomas & Didak inparticular stood up in big games when the team has needed someone to stand up. Front runners who like to finish off and that is it. These days it doesn't cut it.

HF: Davis Cloke Fraser
FF: Medhurst Anthony Lockyer

Hmmm .. now where do I start ... finals matches, soft ruckman trying to be made into a forward, the name Cloke:D etc ... Luckily the full forward line actually isn't that bad and kudos all 3 who can actually play.

Foll: Jolly Swan Ball

Jolly is getting there and certaintly has shown something of late. Needs to do more around the ground, Swan is very good and another bonus while Ball can play and play well, he has lost pace and penetration but might just bring others like Daisy/Didak into the game if they play close too him enough and the opposition allow them to get the ball.;)

INT: Beams OBree Sidebottom Johnson

Real lack of depth here but certaintly a couple of young guys showing something like Beams though.

All in all they lack pace all over the ground and no real standout like Judd/Ablett/Franklin/Riewoldt/J.Brown to really hurt oppositions.

They are however very well coached and if allowed to play the game on there terms they do well. Malthouse is the best thing that happened to this club and I for one can't wait for him to move on in 2 years time without a premiership and watch Bucks sink them once and for all. :cool:

Carlton has the better 'names' on paper, particularly in the middle. However we all know names mean nothing. Collingwood have structures, a solid game plan and a solid brand of football. At this stage, we dont. Collingwood is ahead. If the coaches were swapt around, i am confortable in saying that things would be different.

Collingwood's backline is over hyped. Presti & Brown cannot and will not hold KP players who are mobile and fast like Fev. Riewoldt and Franklin. At best they are plodders, especially Presti. Maxwell has surprised and does a great job 3rd man up/loose. Shaw has been found out and made accountable at last and Toovey/O'Brien, well enough said.

Softess centre-line every to grace a footy field. IF the others can win enough ball to feed them and they are not manned up they can hurt you but how many times has Thomas & Didak inparticular stood up in big games when the team has needed someone to stand up. Front runners who like to finish off and that is it. These days it doesn't cut it.

Hmmm .. now where do I start ... finals matches, soft ruckman trying to be forwards, the name Cloke:D etc ... Luckily the full forward line actually isn't that bad and kudos all 3 who can actually play.

Jolly is getting there and certaintly has shown something of late. Needs to do more around the ground, Swan is very good and another bonus while Ball can play and play well, he has lost pace and penetration but might just bring others like Daisy/Didak into the game if they play close too him enough and the opposition allow them to get the ball.;)

Real lack of depth here but certaintly a couple of young guys showing something like Beams though.

All in all they lack pace all over the ground and no real standout like Judd/Ablett/Franklin/Riewoldt/J.Brown to really hurt oppositions.

They are however very well coached and if allowed to play the game on there terms they do well. Malthouse is the best thing that happened to this club and I for one can't wait for him to move on in 2 years time without a premiership and watch Bucks sink them once and for all. :cool:

Congratulations - you win the 'most ignorant post of the week' award. Well done!

Congratulations - you win the 'most ignorant post of the week' award. Well done!

To us yeah, its a stupid post. Perhaps a good troll, which might make it a good post? Don't know.

But everyone does over hype or over estimate their own teams players. Our posts no double look equally as stupid to supports who are wrong... or should I say none Collingwood supporters (just a joke guys).

quite possibly one of the stupidest posts ive read on here:thumbsu:
and then tries to back it up with an opinion of his own?!
perfect wceagle you are a funny intelligent being
thanks for the laugh:p

Why is it dumb? The laughable thing is that those 4 spuds are on an AFL list. Provided it is only Carlton's, but an AFL list.

The difference was Carlton had no players missing as opposed to Geelong, who had half it's side out including Chapman, the guy who got them over the line the week before.

I'm pretty sure Geelong kicked more than 4 goals also.

It will be fun watching Jolly toy with Kruezer.:thumbsu:

Well, Carlton did have Waite and Jamison missing, and Geelong had Scarlett and Taylor missing. If you think watching Jolly toy with Kreuzer will be fun, provided he can keep up with him, I can't wait to see what Judd and Gibbs have installed for your one paced, can't get out of first gear midfield.

The last time the two teams met,and yes i was there,we got completely towelled!.
Earlier in the year,the blues run and tenacity out manouvered micks gameplan.
I believe the pies are still a top 4 side and the blues will hover around the 8 come september.
Still one of the only games both groups of supporters live for!.
During our second meeting last at the half time break i had a great conversation with a pies supporter outside and both agreed that it was the most important fixture for both clubs in the h/a season.
We live for our clubs to play each other and only a dual in a GF in the near future will these arguments be resolved.
And going back to the past its the blues that reigned supreme!!. A great and vivid memory for a young boy sitting in the old northern stand!, Harmes to Sheldon goal.
WE STILL HAVE IT OVER YOU ON THE LAST DAY
For now!!!!!!!!!!!

At this stage it seems that the punters have voted with their feet as to who they think is the better team.

100127_mem.jpg

2010-Member-Tally-3.jpg

More people want to watch the Pies play than the blues.

This argument is only supported by last years results - Pies Clearly the better side.

It will be validated by the results of 2010 and we wont know the final until the end of September when its all over.

Ok, I'm going to say this once and once only.

The fact that 95% of all posts in this thread are from either Collingwood or Carlton supporters proves that NO ONE else cares about who is better, which midfielder had more rebounding handballs out of the back pocket while only wearing one shoe, or who's team has the more accomplished training facilities.
This 'rivalry' for all intents and purposes is only important to Collingwood and Carlton fans, so don't cluster the main discussion board with this BS.

I am not saying this because I barrack for Collingwood I am saying this because all you have to do is look at the list of players provided and then look at how each team has faired over the last few years.

Carlton improved last year, Collingwood finished equal 3rd.
If Carlton are going to match or better Collingwood THIS year then they have a hell of alot of catching up to do. However it may happen, who knows.

So for the rest of you, let me save you the trouble:

Carlton fans : "your team hasn't won a flag in 50 years, Didak sucks, Davis goes missing, Jack Anthony looks like a flog who cries"

Collingwood fans : "you lost your best player, Judd is bald, ratten can't coach, your team like to drink beer"

Case closed, no more boring stats, no boring insults and please dear god no more player comparisons.

end rant/

Spot on!

Well, Carlton did have Waite and Jamison missing, and Geelong had Scarlett and Taylor missing. If you think watching Jolly toy with Kreuzer will be fun, provided he can keep up with him, I can't wait to see what Judd and Gibbs have installed for your one paced, can't get out of first gear midfield.

Well gee i can only hope it was the same as last time, with Judd getting thrashed by Thomas, Murphy and Gibbs spraying kicks everywhere, and Kreuzer getting humiliated by Leigh Brown.

Actually that just sounds like a regular Carlton game.

I don't think the disparity is that huge between the two, despite where the pies and blues finished last year I reckon there isnt a huge difference, I reckon the pies are being way overhyped and overrated, I don't think they can improve much more on last year, Jolly will be the only real handy inclusion, Ball is a spud, the blues are still a couple of years away from really challenging and have a few too many passengers, but their midfield will be as good as any in a year or 2

The Pies are clearly a better outfit than us at the moment. They're better drilled and have a better spread of talent.

The question should really be whether we've got the the ability to catch them in the next couple of years. i think we do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's just one for a start.

Simpson Inside 50s = 89. Davis = 75.

We can put that in further perspective by noting that Simpson used those I50s to rack up almost double Davis' goal assists. Not only did it more, but did it better.

So you or he or anyone else can post on the facts supporting the Invigoration bluster. I don't need to prove him wrong, and he can't prove that his claims are right. Because the data says otherwise.

Originally Posted by Invigoration
He puts it inside 50 more often (must boomerang it from the pocket), rebounds from 50 more often (duh what's a small forward doing back dere duh), has more contested possessions, significantly more clearances (including specifically more centre bounce clearances), more tackles and more ball gets.

Hahaha, you want some fries with your fail?

oieo1l.jpg

Only nubs use Footywire for stats.

*I read the rebound 50s wrong the first time though, my mistake. But they are equal anyway which continues to make your claim of Davis being exclusively a forward pocket all the more idiotic.

Well gee i can only hope it was the same as last time, with Judd getting thrashed by Thomas, Murphy and Gibbs spraying kicks everywhere, and Kreuzer getting humiliated by Leigh Brown.

Actually that just sounds like a regular Carlton game.

Yeah, because you are solely judged from one game. :eek:
That Collingwood game was just about our worst game for the year - maybe against Essendon when they smashed us after half time.

At this stage it seems that the punters have voted with their feet as to who they think is the better team.

100127_mem.jpg

2010-Member-Tally-3.jpg

More people want to watch the Pies play than the blues.

This argument is only supported by last years results - Pies Clearly the better side.

It will be validated by the results of 2010 and we wont know the final until the end of September when its all over.

You'd make a good Hawthorn supporter, measuring the length of your member(ship). And you left the D out of your user name.

I don't think the disparity is that huge between the two, despite where the pies and blues finished last year I reckon there isnt a huge difference, I reckon the pies are being way overhyped and overrated, I don't think they can improve much more on last year, Jolly will be the only real handy inclusion, Ball is a spud, the blues are still a couple of years away from really challenging and have a few too many passengers, but their midfield will be as good as any in a year or 2

Interesting that your coach certainly didn't share your opinion last year, in fact he went as far to say that we were the best side he had coached against last season if I recall correctly..

Yeah, because you are solely judged from one game. :eek:
That Collingwood game was just about our worst game for the year - maybe against Essendon when they smashed us after half time.

In context I would have to say the final against Brisbane would have to be your worst game, showed up some of the true passengers in your side for what they really are.
Which is actually interesting to compare to our final against Adelaide - pretty much the complete opposite :)

Still trying to work out how this thread ever derailed.
FWIW kudos for taking the time to put a well thought out post together...pretty rare thing in the off season. :thumbsu:

yer this thread has derailed big time.

But I think its a pretty good discussion because we finished just above Carlton and the Blues would be looking to inch forward this year...so we are one side the Blues would fancy themselves overtaking. Geelong, Saints and Bulldogs are perhaps still out of reach (although the Blues also match up well against the Dogs).

It's just obvious that neither gruop of fans is able to discuss the matter sensibly. It also seems the majority of Carlton and Collingwood fans have little to no idea of the other side. They probably watch them play twice a year (when we play each other).

Thanks for the nice comment

Hmmm .. now where do I start ... finals matches, soft ruckman trying to be made into a forward, the name Cloke:D etc ... Luckily the full forward line actually isn't that bad and kudos all 3 who can actually play.

If the 4th best team from last year is so bad, why the F*&K do you watch AFL football? It would have to be the worst sport in the world if the 4th best team is soo sooo bad.

This is a dumb thread. It demeans fans of both clubs. We have been set up. Fans of other clubs must think we are morons

oieo1l.jpg

*I read the rebound 50s wrong the first time though, my mistake. But they are equal anyway which continues to make your claim of Davis being exclusively a forward pocket all the more idiotic.

absfab - time to concede mate.

Defence: Collingwood
Rucks: Collingwood
Midfield: Collingwood (Close though)
Forwards: Collingwood
Depth: Collingwood

oieo1l.jpg

Reading that they are about even with an ever so slight edge to Simpson

Reading that they are about even with an ever so slight edge to Simpson
exactly where is the edge to simpson? he has less than 1 disposal more per match with 3 less kicks per match.

the only other stats he leads davis in are handballing, frees for, and uncontested posessions?

any idiot could see that stats wise Davis clearly has him covered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back