Game Day Collingwood vs Richmond - Sunday 28th July 2024 - 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ll likely see a bounce against the Tigers but it matters little given our next three after that are against Blues, Swans and Lions. We’re not going to win any of those three.

Apart from our horror injury run, we really did get shafted with the fixture - playing our first four games off the shortest pre-season before some teams had played two, and then a ending with a brutally tough finishing stretch. And we always seem to play GC away and never get the double-ups against the bottom two sides. It was the toughest fixture in the competition, by far.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That's what happens to all the premiers of the previous year though. The top finishers get the harder draws. And for what it is worth, tough draws aren't usually a problem for the great teams, because everyone is beatable.

We are sitting 13th and we haven't even got to the tough run home yet, so you can't blame our draw against the Blues, Swans, and Lions...

I agree our draw is horrible, but mostly we aren't a good team. Our losses to StK, Western Bulldogs, GC, and both of our draws to Essendon and Fremantle should have been banked if we were a top 4 side, or even just in form.

The reason we aren't playing finals this year isn't because of the tough run home we haven't even got to yet, it's because our players aren't putting enough pressure on for 4 quarters and make dumb simple skill errors.

Ah yes the famous Richmond vs Collingwood rivalry and it really is a rivalry - built on tradition, clubs not liking each other and history.

Think of the 1980 Grand Final, think of the 1927, 1928 & 1929 Grand Finals or think of the 1980s when Richmond and Collingwood with a full bag of egos....took players off each other.....we all look back now and think.....why why why? Just laughable. It was just a self destructive mindset.

It's fair to say that at its most prominent time, the Richmond vs Collingwood rivalry was arguably the biggest rivalry in the League. Great memories and it should never be forgotton.

But now we have the "here and now"....Collingwood the 2023 Premiers look like they have just fallen away and Richmond are well and truly in rebuild and transition mode after their successful recent era of 2017 to 2020.

It's sad to be honest, the AFL....especially in Melbourne is all the more great when all of the Big 4 clubs (Tigers, Pies, Bombers & Carlton) are up and running all at once but especially all of Melbourne absolutely rocks and rolls when Richmond and Collingwood are up and running at the same time. Both clubs have a massive supporter bases and both clubs boast big membership figures too. In a way I reckon both clubs have a respect for each other in that they are both well supported by their fans.

Let's hope at least a good crowd can turn up to the MCG. But yeah, it's been a disappointing season for both teams and their supporters so far although coming into this season, my expectations were low, I knew Richmond weren't a Premiership contender and all I wanted to see was effort and hopefully come the Draft (and several drafts) Richmond can do well during Draft time.

May the rivalry live on always.

Cheers.

Last edited:
On paper we will have a handy looking side this coming Sunday.
Names only unfortunately.
Hopefully they find something because losing this one would really hurt.

Sorry to break it to you. McCreery is terrible in the mid field. He's barely useful in whatever the position it is that he does play.
Hmmm, so far I would say you’re right.
Does he have the hands to be an in and under beast? What about moving Beau to a small defender?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Smit. Parker. Eyre. Fin were all good.

Bytel racked it up, but at 41% efficiency.

This is just not our weekend. But that was the worst loss all season. It seems to be filtering down between levels.

Should have swung Glover forward from the start when they knew Eyre was gonna play in defence. Most of the time Crocker was 1 v 3 in the goal squad and couldn't get near it.

Coxy was understandly rusty. But got through the game at least.

A few people near me kept getting Harry Kennedy confused with Sullivan. TBF, they do have very similar features lol

As some of the senior boys, I saw Moore, Sullivan there. Saw Fly early on when I arrived.

Thought Smit. Parker. Eyre. Fin were all good.

Bytel racked it up, but at 41% efficiency.

This is just not our weekend. But that was the worst loss all season. It seems to be filtering down between levels.

Should have swung Glover forward from the start when they knew Eyre was gonna play in defence. Most of the time Crocker was 1 v 3 in the goal squad and couldn't get near it.

Coxy was understandly rusty. But got through the game at least.

A few people near me kept getting Harry Kennedy confused with Sullivan. TBF, they do have very similar features lol

As some of the senior boys, I saw Moore, Sullivan there. Saw Fly early on when I arrived.
Good to hear the captain was there.
He bleeds black and white.

Does anyone actually care anymore?
The players clearly don’t and have checked out for the year.
We never had this under Buckley. They always had a crack, this is what concerns me most. Suggests there is something more at play.

So many players that need to be dropped. Don’t even know who is retain to be honest.

Krueger with concussion, just doesn’t have the skills has fry pans as hands. Not good

Moore can play forward. Frampton back in for Krueger.

Markov was terrible do we bring in Parker?

Long was not AFL standard, but plays a blocking role for Degoey and Daicos, Adam’s still won his own ball.

Degoey I would rest, he’s carrying a groin injury. Just give him a couple of weeks off, no point making finals if he isn’t fit.

I’m playing Reef in the midfield, he’s not a permanent forward.

Pendlebury and Sidebottom are part of the problem with our underdone side. I’d drop one of them as a signal to the rest of the team, again no idea who comes in.

We really needed Elliot’s intent on ball, he was the only one having a crack.

On paper we will have a handy looking side this coming Sunday.
Agree, but with this twilight zone system defence we have, doesn't matter which names we have on paper, I'm still having visions of Dusty and Bolton running into open goals.

We never had this under Buckley. They always had a crack, this is what concerns me most. Suggests there is something more at play.

So many players that need to be dropped. Don’t even know who is retain to be honest.

Krueger with concussion, just doesn’t have the skills has fry pans as hands. Not good

Long was not AFL standard, but plays a blocking role for Degoey and Daicos, Adam’s still won his own ball.

Degoey I would rest, he’s carrying a groin injury. Just give him a couple of weeks off, no point making finals if he isn’t fit.

Pendlebury and Sidebottom are part of the problem with our underdone side. I’d drop one of them as a signal to the rest of the team, again no idea who comes in.

“More at play.”

Man, that is hilarious.

Some crazy shit being posted.

I remember plenty of games under Bucks where the players looked like they didn't give a shit & applied no pressure whatsoever.

What would you know, other than getting hysterical I’ve never seen you actually contribute anything meaningful.
Ha ha.
Amazes me how quickly ‘supporters’ turn on the club after winning the flag.

Hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back