Game Day Collingwood vs Richmond - Sunday 28th July 2024 - 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out Krueger, Degoey, Markov, Long, Sullivan
In Cox, Frampton, TJ, beau, shooter

Play Moore forward see how that works. Players look spent early start to the season down on confidence. Lots of tough decisions need to be made with this list cause we can carry forward so many older players

Last edited:

As long as the first one booted out is Markov, I don’t care.
Watching him running around like a headless chook, butchering everything, drives me mental.
So you’re saying #markovcanfarkov??

Don’t necessarily agree, yet, just like that hashie.

Play the minutes. My changes listed below:

IN: L.Schulz, M.Cox, H.Harrison, C.Dean
OUT: N.Kreuger (injured), N.Long, O.Markov, L.Sullivan

B: I.Quaynor - D.Moore - B.Maynard
HB: S.Sidebottom - C.Dean - J.Howe
C: J.Daicos - J.Crisp - H.Harrison
HF: L.Schulz - R.McInnes - W.Hoskin-Elliott
F: B.Hill - D.McStay - J.Elliott
R: D.Cameron - J.DeGoey - N.Daicos
I: S.Pendlebury - P.Lipinski - M.Cox - J.Richards
S: J.Noble

This will be Richmond's grand final - Martin will return for sure.

I don't want to be pessimistic but I think we are playing the second worst in the AFL at the moment. WCE maybe the worst.

If the Tigers have a crack then I expect them to win.

Outs -

Markov hopefully there is a wedding or something more important.

Noble - battler. 7 disposals in 100 minutes. Doesn't hurt the opposition regardless.

Quaynor - he won't be dropped but if you wanna make a statement then maybe he is the one.

Kreuger - concussion.

Sullivan - not up to it

In -

Macrae - no more hiding in the vfl. Play the rest of the season.

Harrison

Allan

Jiath

And one more.

Shame Schultz can't play. Still find it strange that Stewart was never tested by the Cats.

Last edited:
We'll win this by a kick and everybody will be like...

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

But deep down we all know there isn't and we're in for some real pain rebuilding this list to a contender again.

Thankful to the Markov's of the world for coming in and playing they're role in the flag but yeah... don't need to see him in the seniors again. I also feel mad sorry for Lachie Schultz, who is going to be dragged through the mud for years over what Collingwood gave up for him.

Shame Schultz can't play. Still find it strange that Stewart was never tested by the Cats
Ditto Newcombe who was staggering like a drunk after the head clash with Kreuger

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ll likely see a bounce against the Tigers but it matters little given our next three after that are against Blues, Swans and Lions. We’re not going to win any of those three.

Apart from our horror injury run, we really did get shafted with the fixture - playing our first four games off the shortest pre-season before some teams had played two, and then a ending with a brutally tough finishing stretch. And we always seem to play GC away and never get the double-ups against the bottom two sides. It was the toughest fixture in the competition, by far.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Are we the only club that takes concussion seriously? It seem really odd and I am surprised the AFL hasn't made inquiries
The AFL has questioned Port and Geelong this year, but it will be telling if independent doctors are introduced next season. I seen during state of origin that the NRL has an independent doc for concussion and their call to assess players wasn’t questioned.

During our form drop since north we’ve lost uncontested by an average of 72. We aren’t an uncontested side, but you can’t win games when you don’t have the footy.

Quaynor - he won't be dropped but if you wanna make a statement then maybe he is the one.
If you really want to do a landmark omission I'd personally aim higher. Say a Moore, JDG, Crisp, Bruz (if he escapes suspension) or a Hill.

Been watching the VFL and nobody except Cox will break into the AFL, maybe Frampton. Zero talent in the mids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back