Game Day Collingwood vs Richmond - Sunday 28th July 2024 - 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't choose Ned ahead of Teakle, they chose Smit ahead of him. Long was picked after Teakle was taken.

That decision itself (Smit v Teakle) is the one to have an opinion on - would Smit have been there for our 2nd pick? Who knows?
They chose Bytel over Teakle in the ssp. I found that decision more of a head scratcher.

Sadly, Richmond will win their second game for the year against us and they will do it comfortably by 4-5 goals. We struggle to put away bottom 4 teams. I predict Tom Lynch to have his one day out for the year and kick 5 goals against our defence while we allow him all the space and to be unmanned for most of the game.
This will bring a smile to the other 16 club supporters.

What a waste of a year, Hopefully 2025 bring us better luck with injuries.

Sadly, Richmond will win their second game for the year against us and they will do it comfortably by 4-5 goals. We struggle to put away bottom 4 teams. I predict Tom Lynch to have his one day out for the year and kick 5 goals against our defence while we allow him all the space and to be unmanned for most of the game.

Tom Lynch wont be playing

Richmond have won 2 games already and no I can not see Richmond beating the Pies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JDG should be rested the rest of the year.

Play all the kids.

At least if we lose our 2nd rounder might be low 20s
This defeatist attitude is hilarious.

Do Richmond really want to win and move out of the No.1 pick spot?

That's might be our best chance at winning.

Remember, the last time we played a team sitting stone motherless last on the ladder we fell 54pts behind.

Our form over the last 5 weeks is bottom 4 stuff.

There may be more changes but

Out: Krueger, Sullivan, Long, Markov

In: Cox, Macrae, Bytel, Parker

Long did minimal.

Play Bytel and Macrae in the middle… final chance to make an impact at senior level or delist (trade out Macrae)

Bring Parker in for Markov. Markov form terrible and Parker showed potential last time in seniors

Keep playing Richards and McInness

De Goey sub to rest him partially

Sounds radical but club needs to make firm decisions on fringe personnel at years end

Dont care really.

I'm checking out for the rest of the season, just like the players have since the bye.

I'll turn up to Pendles' 400th out of respect for the great man, but other than that, I'll be watching from the comfort of home, with the heater on.
After freezing my nuts off watching Geelong play keepings off, I'm glad I didn't go yesterday.
That was even worse.
At least, at home, you can stay warm and enjoy a decent glass of red.

Will prob set a new record for the lowest attendance to a Pies/Tiges match
There were only about 19,000 at the G for their game against GWS - about 20 of them GWS supporters.
Given the rubbish our boys have dished up recently, that's a possibility.

There were only about 19,000 at the G for their game against GWS - about 20 of them GWS supporters.
Given the rubbish our boys have dished up recently, that's a possibility.

I can see the script, poor turnout at the MCG....Tigers and Pies supporters are called bandwagon supporters. Same old garbage narrative...

If we got 60k+ at the MCG on Sunday then that's a tick I think considering where both teams are on the ladder currently.

For where we’re at, I’d much rather have Smit
Agreed.
Smit has already shown he has something to work with.
He has so much upside, whereas Teakle is about at his ceiling.
Teakle might have been OK as a short term hole plugger, but Big Roo will end up much better eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back