Preview Collingwood's Draft Wish List

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood: 50, 65, 67 (SP)
The Pies don't enter the draft until pick 50, but to a large extent, they've already had their draft.

Jarrod Witts (ruckman), Jamie Elliott (small forward), Marty Clarke (half-back flanker) and Peter Yagmoor (quick midfielder) form a well-balanced draft class - it's just that recruiting manager Derek Hine went out and got them via trade week.

The group complements a list that didn't have glaring deficiencies in any one area to start with, which will allow Collingwood to take the best player available at its first choice.

Murray Bushranger Jack Crisp is a 190cm utility who should be available in that range and appears a good fit for the Pies. He's disciplined, chases hard and tackles even harder - all qualities that gel with the Pies' philosophy.

Info on Crisp:

Date of birth: 02/10/93
Height: 189cm
Weight: 81Kg

KEVIN SHEEHAN SAYS

"U18 Vic Country rep. Chase-down tackles (ave. 3.5 per game), marking, skills and kicking are features. Ave. 18.8 touches and four marks in TAC Cup. From Myrtleford FC."

[YOUTUBE]vTqeptYQ0to[/YOUTUBE]

Does Look Like a Descent Prospect and Could play as a 3rd Tall even. Though if a KPF Falls I would rather that but Crisp Would be Nice

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/126196/default.aspx

http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=123438

Re: Collingoods Draft Wish List

Info on Crisp:

Does Not Look a Descent Prospect and Could play as a 3rd Tall even. Though if a KPF Falls I would rather that but Crisp Would be Nice

Dave could you stop outsourcing your posts to India, I'm really not sure what your saying here. He's no good but could play third tall & you'ld rather a KP but Crisp would be good.:confused:

Dave could you stop outsourcing your posts to India, I'm really not sure what your saying here. He's no good but could play third tall & you'ld rather a KP but Crisp would be good.:confused:

just assume everything dave says is positive and the words do come out right. read it as doesnt and it sorta works :p

I am feeling Crap - Sorry about that

Dick and Farmer nominated for the draft today. Is that for the national draft only? Is there another round of noms for the rookie/pre drafts? Because I wouldn't think farmer is much of a chance to go back on our senior list.

National and Rookie Draft. Farmer might get Drafted in National Draft Late. We could even Re-Draft him if players we want are gone, Players can still Nominate for PSD and Rookie after National Draft

Looked rather, ah crisp this Crisp fellow. Ahhh, that's good wordplay.

What position did he play Dave? At 190cm he would be facing some stiff competition from our list at present.

I think with Farmer and Stubbs they both have a contract next year with us. If we want to cut them outright we need to pay them up front but if we re draft them on the rookie list then we still pay them out but we get something for our money.

With Farmer he may have decided that he wants to see what clubs will bite and if someone takes him then we don't have to pay him and can get a fresh player on the list.

Quite smart by Farmer as he's trying to get on an AFL senior list knowing our rookie list is a fall back. I think it's Gavin Urquhart who is doing the same at North. He is in the final yeah of a three year deal and will be re drafted on the 'Roos rookie list if not selected elsewhere. What I can't understand is why Stubbs wouldn't do the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Collingwood's Draft Wish List

Remove this Banner Ad

Back