Combined Kurt Tippett contract negotiation/trade possibility thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ontrade somewhere else to get something you need?

Unless the rules were changed in the last year, players can't be on-traded. So assuming we didn't really want the players offered, we would be effectively keeping them on our list for a year in the hopes that we might be able to trade them for somebody we did a year later. Does that sound like an appealing scenario to you?

The trade week article on the Brisbane website made for interesting reading. I think it also gives a bit of insight into what they might be willing to offer in this year's trade week if he remains unsigned.

They were willing to do pick 8, or pick 12 and another pick. That was in a draft pool that was considered weaker, and with Tippett under contract which they acknowledge put Adelaide in the stronger trading position.

Based on that it's hard to see them going much past their 1st rounder alone this year.

Say we finish 3rd, and Brisbane 13th.

Our first pick is 19. Theirs is 8, and their Rischitelli end of round compo should be 22.

Pick 19 + Tippett for Pick 8 + Pick 22 might be as good as we get if Tippett nominates Brisbane as his only destination given he is out of contract. Perhaps we can hope for a bit better if he chooses not to nominate a club and he'll go wherever gives the best deal

Not at all interested in any of the players Brisbane have to offer, sorry Lions fans, seeing as Polec and Redden are supposedly untouchable. Cornelius, O'Brien wouldn't be far from being delisted would they?

Goddamn it, I hope like all hell he stays. We'll get absolutely reamed if he leaves.

Say we finish 3rd, and Brisbane 13th.

Our first pick is 19. Theirs is 8, and their Rischitelli end of round compo should be 22.

Pick 19 + Tippett for Pick 8 + Pick 22 might be as good as we get if Tippett nominates Brisbane as his only destination given he is out of contract. Perhaps we can hope for a bit better if he chooses not to nominate a club and he'll go wherever gives the best deal

Not at all interested in any of the players Brisbane have to offer, sorry Lions fans, seeing as Polec and Redden are supposedly untouchable. Cornelius, O'Brien wouldn't be far from being delisted would they?

Goddamn it, I hope like all hell he stays. We'll get absolutely reamed if he leaves.
Still seems a bit much given we only got a pick 12 of Mitch Clark in a compromised draft and Tippett nominates us. Maybe if you remove our Pick 22 that's closer to the mark.

It would astound me if the vast, vast majority of ppl on here aren't younger than you. I thought your offer seemed fair.

Because you are delusional. Then again you are delusional in thinking you will get him at all.

Mods can we please shut this down for trade scenarios until he actually says he wants to go? It's going to be extrutiating reading all these poxy offers.

Because you are delusional. Then again you are delusional in thinking you will get him at all.
Yeah because him postponing contract talks till the end of the season and him being adamant about returning home to qld makes me delusional in thinking we may be able to get him. :oops:

It would astound me if the vast, vast majority of ppl on here aren't younger than you. I thought your offer seemed fair.

Of course you did. If Tippett is only worth that, why did Brisbane chase him so hard last year while he was still in contract?

Of course you did. If Tippett is only worth that, why did Brisbane chase him so hard last year while he was still in contract?
Because we didn't? We were lukewarm about signing him and when the crows rejected our offer we dropped it like an ugly baby.

Still seems a bit much given we only got a pick 12 of Mitch Clark in a compromised draft and Tippett nominates us. Maybe if you remove our Pick 22 that's closer to the mark.
Well pick 8 + a four pick first round downgrade ~ pick 10. And just because Clark f***** over Brisbane, doesn't mean Tippett will do the same to us.

The fact that the second best marking CHF in the comp can go for a pick outside the top ten unproven 18 year olds in the country is mond boggling but thats the way things are. Hell, if you get him your chances of winning a premiership in the next five years skyrocket. If we got any less than the deal I offered we would be losing out, no ifs or buts.

Even if Tippett isn't setting the world on fire, Tippett 2012 > Clark 2011.

Yeah because him postponing contract talks till the end of the season and him being adamant about returning home to qld makes me delusional in thinking we may be able to get him. :oops:

An off the cuff statement in a video saying he'd like to return to the Gold Coast (yep, the Gold Coast) one day without specifying any sort of time frame is him being adamant that he'll go this year is it? Righto. Not sure if you can remember, but Patrick Dangerfield said the exact same thing regarding contract talks this season.

Because we didn't? We were lukewarm about signing him and when the crows rejected our offer we dropped it like an ugly baby.

Hahaha... ok then.

Honestly mods, can we please stop this until he specifies what he's going to do? It's been all of 4 hours since we said we'd try and avoid this and I've had enough of these ****ing morons already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The above only exists in your delusional mind.

There is no simple rule saying that deals have to be equal one year to the next. There are a bunch of different issues to take into account.

I don't think you know what 'delusional' means.

It's believing in something despite strong evidence to the contrary. Since all evidence suggests Tippett is about to sign then sorry son but you are a delusional as they come. Last year was your chance. You blew it.

Says the guy who believes Brisbane didn't chase Tippett hard during the last trading period.

"Even though Kurt Tippett was in play, we had planned for some time to try and add a key position player this year. Over the season, we had watched a number of young AFL-listed talls as we felt that, in our situation, bringing in a young big bodied tall was essential."

Yep we were desperate to get him.

Ok, so after being told on day one of trade week by the AFC that he was not available for trade, why were Brisbane still asking when trade week was coming to a close? Definitely sounds like they dropped it like an ugly baby.

**** off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back