Combined Kurt Tippett contract negotiation/trade possibility thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so after being told on day one of trade week by the AFC that he was not available for trade, why were Brisbane still asking when trade week was coming to a close? Definitely sounds like they dropped it like an ugly baby.

**** off.
Because we lost a KPP and Tippett has always said he wanted to come home back to qld so we enquired again and when adelaide wanted to ream us with outrageous demands we let it go. We're not desperate to land him like some of you think.

"Even though Kurt Tippett was in play, we had planned for some time to try and add a key position player this year. Over the season, we had watched a number of young AFL-listed talls as we felt that, in our situation, bringing in a young big bodied tall was essential."

Yep we were desperate to get him.
So after you missed out on him the club said they weren't that keen on him anyway? Ok.

The article says that you did try to get him, throwing up a couple of options to try to get it done but weren't prepared to offload Redden or Polec so it fell over. Also that a key component of your offers being rejected was that Adelaide didn't need to trade, given that Tippett was contracted for 2012 anyway. The inference is that the situation will be different this season, which it is.

Losing Clark didn't seem like such a big deal after he was ordinary last season. Now it's looking a little different. Your midfield stocks are very exciting, your key position stocks are comfortably the worst in the league. The club will be absolutely desperate to get a quality tall. Given that we know Fremantle and Melbourne at least are in the same market with a pile of money you'll need to cough up something pretty decent to placate the club and player.

So after you missed out on him the club said they weren't that keen on him anyway? Ok.

The article says that you did try to get him, throwing up a couple of options to try to get it done but weren't prepared to offload Redden or Polec so it fell over. Also that a key component of your offers being rejected was that Adelaide didn't need to trade, given that Tippett was contracted for 2012 anyway. The inference is that the situation will be different this season, which it is.

Losing Clark didn't seem like such a big deal after he was ordinary last season. Now it's looking a little different. Your midfield stocks are very exciting, your key position stocks are comfortably the worst in the league. The club will be absolutely desperate to get a quality tall. Given that we know Fremantle and Melbourne at least are in the same market with a pile of money you'll need to cough up something pretty decent to placate the club and player.
Rob Kerr is a very reasonable and accomodating guy and tried to work out a deal doesn't mean we were begging for Tippett's services and our KPF stocks have been kicking bags in the reserves and we're at least another couple of year from playing finals so again, we're not that desperate to land him and will just inquire again in 2-3 years when he's a free agent and we're ready for a premiership tilt. If we can get a trade deal done this year then it'll give him more time to acclimatise to our game plan and such but not required and we'd be prepared to wait as we really won't be losing much if we don't get him this year.

Have I made a ridiculous offer yet? I'm the one getting abused here when all I've done is try to have a meaningful discussion about Tippett's trade value.

Yeah, you have.

**** that, clubs exist to win premierships not to placate supporters of other teams. If we have to be ruthless and preseason draft him because adelaide want polec or redden then I'd support the club one hundred percent. If the shoe was in the other foot like it was last year, clubs won't hesitate screwing us over. 2nd round pick, take it or leave it.

As I said, you've made your intent clear. Now, it's past your bed time - the adults are talking. Bay 13 is that way --->

Rob Kerr is a very reasonable and accomodating guy and tried to work out a deal doesn't mean we were begging for Tippett's services and our KPF stocks have been kicking bags in the reserves and we're at least another couple of year from playing finals so again, we're not that desperate to land him and will just inquire again in 2-3 years when he's a free agent and we're ready for a premiership tilt. If we can get a trade deal done this year then it'll give him more time to acclimatise to our game plan and such but not required and we'd be prepared to wait as we really won't be losing much if we don't get him this year.
You beauty! We can relax by the sounds of it.

We won't be losing Kurt for a few years. Brisbane won't be throwing much at him this year or offering much up for trade cos they already have an arsenal of key forwards running riot in the NEAFL and their premiership tilt isn't until 2015 anyway.

Yeah, you have.

As I said, you've made your intent clear. Now, it's past your bed time - the adults are talking. Bay 13 is that way --->
I said something on my own board and I've been decent enough not to repeat the same thing on your board its not like clubs have never tried to screw over other clubs in the past. I'm just trying to have a discussion about his worth.

I said something on my own board and I've been decent enough not to repeat the same thing on your board its not like clubs have never tried to screw over other clubs in the past. I'm just trying to have a discussion about his worth.
Why? None of us are going to be involved in the negotiations assuming he wants to go back so it's one big jerk off.

Trade talks between two club's posters is pointless. The club trying to work the trade always talks down the player's value to the point that you wonder why the heck they want them anyway. The club losing the player talks him up to the point that you wonder how they possibly haven't won the last three flags with this superstar.

However, they are just about the most fun threads going around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? None of us are going to be involved in the negotiations assuming he wants to go back so it's one big jerk off.
I didn't start this thread, I simply replied to a guy asking for our 1st pick and compo pick for him which is ridiculous and commented accordingly.

Trade talks between two club's posters is pointless. The club trying to work the trade always talks down the player's value to the point that you wonder why the heck they want them anyway. The club losing the player talks him up to the point that you wonder how they possibly haven't won the last three flags with this superstar.

However, they are just about the most fun threads going around.
Exactly, I'm just having fun here I'm not trying to offend ppl I don't know why the brisbane mods are sticking their nose in it trying to censor me when I've been very civil.

We know what you think he's really worth. You know we think it's not even close. What more is there to discuss?

We know what you think he's really worth. You know we think it's not even close. What more is there to discuss?
His worth? If you guys don't want discussion on this thread shut it down or leave a note saying its for adelaide supporters only.

sorry to intrude on your board.

we tried to get tippett across last season, but it was not a 2009 trade fiasco but a more measured approach.

Kerr was clear on not trading ourselves out of the first round - the reason why we never tabled pick 8 and 12 for tippett + your second rounder. Considering he was contracted and you had the upper hand, if we were desperate that's what our offer would have been.

Also, the trade period gave us supporters an idea whom the club sees as long term untradable players. Polec and Redden for example. We are rebuilding, lacking mid-tier players especially in the midfield. At present we have a young midfield in place which is learning to play together - with Black for guidance and Rainesy as the big body tagger. Trading any of our midfielders would set us back even further.

It's very likely to be a trade for picks scenario where our first rounder might get on-traded by you for a mini-draft pick. I don't see any of GC or GWS giving up their first rounder this time around for the mini-draft lottery.

The point is I back the club and its ability to develop players. Thats why I'm not freaking out about it.

Can you name a key forward we've had since our inception besides Walker and Modra who are better than Tippett?

It's all well and good to back the club and its ability to develop players, but 200cm+ athletes who can do more than chew gum and walk at the same time don't grow on trees in Australia. We already have a developed power forward and we're looking like we could make a run at a flag in the next couple of years. Bearing in mind that there are maybe two guys in the league who could be a like for like replacement up forward, one of which can't ruck, and both of which we won't be getting, do we really want to spend another 3-6 years recruiting and developing somebody to replace him?

I certainly don't.

Can you name a key forward we've had since our inception besides Walker and Modra who are better than Tippett?

It's all well and good to back the club and its ability to develop players, but 200cm+ athletes who can do more than chew gum and walk at the same time don't grow on trees in Australia. We already have a developed power forward and we're looking like we could make a run at a flag in the next couple of years. Bearing in mind that there are maybe two guys in the league who could be a like for like replacement up forward, one of which can't ruck, and both of which we won't be getting, do we really want to spend another 3-6 years recruiting and developing somebody to replace him?

I certainly don't.

Nobody wants Kurt to go but there's no point complaining. This is what football is these days. I've gotten used to it over the years. I'd rather believe in the direction the club is taking and back its judgement than piss and moan about players leaving. Personally I think he would be insane to leave, Whats another 2 or 3 years in the grand scheme of things when your looking at a shot at the Grand Final?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back