Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
what a childish answer. taking the literal block as 'community' - grow up.

So who lives in that part of the CBD besides trains? It seems to me you are looking for excuses or reasons to object. I presume its you just virtue signalling.

i never provided an opinion on it. i'm providing a counter argument to the logic of the statue being there. why do you always care so much about my personal opinion? just stick to the logic please, i'm not going to be labelled, categorised and strawmanned for your own personal dopamine hit.

No you're not. Do you know what logic is? You don't like the statue so you're trying to find reasons to object to it. Federation Square is managed by a private company (Fed Square pty ltd) to fit within a particular civic and cultural charter agreed upon by state gov, Melb City Council and FEd Square pty ltd. Do you know what the charter says or what its guidelines are? If not then how can you even comment on it? Especially using "logic". You're just stating an opinion.

It took me a minute or two to find out who runs Federation Square and under what auspices they do it.

You couldn't even do that before you made your comment but want it to be somehow "logic".

Do your bloody research.

my first post pointed to the fact that the statue is in a public area.... one would assume 'community' makes up 'public'

Yeah and we were talking specificallly about Engimal v3 making a statue of himself. You said the community wouldn't want that but "no offense". Who are you to say that - what community are you speaking for in this hypothetical situation and how do you know they wopuldn't want him commissioning a statue. Where is your logic?

Last edited:

Yeah and we were talking specificallly about Engimal v3 making a statue of himself. You said the community wouldn't want that but "no offense". Who are you to say that - what community are you speaking for in this hypothetical situation and how do you know they wopuldn't want him commissioning a statue. Where is your logic?

I wouldn't be opposed to a statue of me smoking meth out of a lightbulb in Fed Square to shine a light on the Tasmanian community

Altho lately he's been providing enough of that stuff himself.

I reckon this is where Rob was going with the unwritten joke.

A statue of Damo carved out of salt would be perfect, because it would melt at the first sign of the going getting tough (a bit of rain) and then it would just be a flow of tears.

I reckon this is where Rob was going with the unwritten joke.

A statue of Damo carved out of salt would be perfect, because it would melt at the first sign of the going getting tough (a bit of rain) and then it would just be a flow of tears.

:D

Probably was what he meant but that paper at Monash Uni is/was called Lots Wife cos of how much salt it needed to be taken with. Still had more credibility than him too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who lives in that part of the CBD besides trains? It seems to me you are looking for excuses or reasons to object. I presume its you just virtue signalling.

pretty sure there are thousands of residents within a 5km radius...not to mention all the other melbournians who travel into the city.

No you're not. Do you know what logic is? You don't like the statue so you're trying to find reasons to object to it.
i gave you a very reasonable reason as to why the statue would be objected to, i provided no opinion.

now you're just trying to jump to the conclusion that i don't like the statue just so you can use all the other arguments ppl have used against other who don't like the statue. STOP working backwards from your prejudice and just provide a rebuttal.

Federation Square is managed by a private company (Fed Square pty ltd) to fit within a particular civic and cultural charter agreed upon by state gov, Melb City Council and FEd Square pty ltd. Do you know what the charter says or what its guidelines are? If not then how can you even comment on it? Especially using "logic". You're just stating an opinion.

It took me a minute or two to find out who runs Federation Square and under what auspices they do it.

You couldn't even do that before you made your comment but want it to be somehow "logic".

Do your bloody research.

if the private company was granted a charter by the state govt and city then that means it's indirectly answerable to the citizens. i'm not going to bother reading Fed Square Pty Ltd's constitution but one can only assume it's to serve the best interests of the citizens of Melbourne.

Since that is the case said citizens should have some kind of say in what's displayed in these public spaces where they spend their recreational time.

no we're not, i posted about it being in a public space well before i said that.

Last edited:
Hilarious.

How about we name the "harden the fu** up medal" after her?

I don't know if you remember or not but you were pretty scornful of the people making sexualised comments about her, you called them freaks among other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back