Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if you remember or not but you were pretty scornful of the people making sexualised comments about her, you called them freaks among other things.

Of course it's poor form, but a bronze ****ing statue?

Spare me the bull shit.

Of course it's poor form, but a bronze ******* statue?

Spare me the bull s**t.

Yeah but honestly, if someone said they were gonna make a bronze statue of me for some bullshit reason (or a for good one) and stick it in the middle of Fed Square I'd be up for it too.

There's 10s of thousands of artworks there and the National Gallery of Victoria. (Tho I thought Vic was a state, don't remember the cessation movement or event or anything.) Its not like a statue in front of the library or parliament or at the MCG.

Yeah but honestly, if someone said they were gonna make a bronze statue of me for some bulls**t reason (or a for good one) and stick it in the middle of Fed Square I'd be up for it too.

There's 10s of thousands of artworks there and the National Gallery of Victoria. (Tho I thought Vic was a state, don't remember the cessation movement or event or anything.) Its not like a statue in front of the library or parliament or at the MCG.
And some of that artwork is shit house, statue at least looks good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you want to know why so many posters of a certain age on this board think the game is going to sh*t, this article is well worth a read:

My very favourite part is this:

Yes, they played polo, “but only on the weekends, after we’d groomed for Dad, shod our own horses, cut our own hay for chaff, and broken our own horses in”.

They really did it tough in the McLachlan household.

Cliff notes version of the article: Gill is a feckless, out of touch bell end. Francis Leach nailed it with his "Vatican on the Yarra" call.

If you want to know why so many posters of a certain age on this board think the game is going to sh*t, this article is well worth a read:

My very favourite part is this:

Yes, they played polo, “but only on the weekends, after we’d groomed for Dad, shod our own horses, cut our own hay for chaff, and broken our own horses in”.

They really did it tough in the McLachlan household.

Cliff notes version of the article: Gill is a feckless, out of touch bell end. Francis Leach nailed it with his "Vatican on the Yarra" call.

He's planting trees in frosty ground before dawn. If that's how he does stuff no wonder the AFL is screwed.

Yeah but honestly, if someone said they were gonna make a bronze statue of me for some bulls**t reason (or a for good one) and stick it in the middle of Fed Square I'd be up for it too.

You would? I wouldn't be. I don't know why anyone would want a statue of themselves when you haven't done anything really worthy of being remembered for, it sounds pretty vain.

You would? I wouldn't be. I don't know why anyone would want a statue of themselves when you haven't done anything really worthy of being remembered for, it sounds pretty vain.

I don't have much respect for statues to begin with but people make them. Some sculptors do them. Not necessarily commissions or what have you but cos that's what they do. Its not so much the ego tripping side of it as a good place to have a few beers.

Why not just rename the thread, create a new one and move the two or three relevant posts?

It's not brain science.

I even created a Statue thread for all Statue talk

Even that went to shit with Banana Pizza talk that I can discuss because I am on ignore, hopefully for all of 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back