Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah sarcasm was obvious.

I think the whole Caro-Tassie thing earlier actually was a long term benefit, we finally had the club defend itself and not look meek, and had 90% of the wider footy media defend us. We finally looked like a stable club that appears to be staying in Melbourne for quite a while. If I was a fence sitter or unaligned new footy supporter, Id me more inclined to follow North compared to previous years.

I'm sure Caro will wait for us to make a blip but she's been outed as the fraud she is now.

The difference between people like Horowitz, Rohan Connolly, etc. without vested interests, compared to the Tom Brownes, Sam McClures, Marc McGowans is astonishing. COVID-19 is really separating the wheat from the chaff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
I wonder if North would have been presented in the same manner by "The Age"?

I wonder if North would have been presented in the same manner by "The Age"?

Hawthorn's financial soundness is under threat with the club being forced to put off a deal to extend its controversial contract with the Tasmanian Government.

The club has been selling home games to the Apple Isle for many years, denying its long-suffering supporters the opportunity to see them play as often as they would like.

It is a further blow to the financial viability of the club, which has been forced to seek assistance from the AFL, after HQ accessed a $250m line of credit from ANZ and NAB.

The club has been required to open its books to the AFL under what has been likened to a receivership model.

The blow from Tasmania comes as the cash-strapped club has been forced to delay a planned move to a new headquarters in Dingley, instead staying at Waverley, where training occurs in a public park and under the eyes of residents in surrounding apartment buildings.

Dingley would be the club's third home ground this century, having previously been based in Glenferrie, before chasing the money in a so-called growth area of Melbourne.

The Hawks, who are currently suffering from one of their longest premiership droughts in generations, have been propped up by pokies, ignoring severe public pressure because of the way pokies help to cause gambling addiction.

North Melbourne - with millions of dollars in profits in the last decade - took the lead in getting out of pokies many years ago, acknowledging the way it destroys lives, particularly of the already vulnerable members of the community. But Hawthorn signed a new contract in late 2018.

Pokies venues are currently closed in Victoria as a result of the COVID 19 pandemic, a further blow to Hawthorn's financial viability.

I'm just catching up on this return to footy "hubs" model, is there a chance that north could be assigned to a sydney or wa "hub" to play 4 to 6 games in a row interstate?

You can bet roos would be rostered with something like 6 games im wa, 6 games in sydney. That'd be season cooked before it started.

I'm just catching up on this return to footy "hubs" model, is there a chance that north could be assigned to a sydney or wa "hub" to play 4 to 6 games in a row interstate?

You can bet roos would be rostered with something like 6 games im wa, 6 games in sydney. That'd be season cooked before it started.

My bet would be W.A. 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back