Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it is

1) Club is looking after the privacy of Rhyce Shaw to protect him and his family
2) They don't know how or when to address it
3) Damage control

4) nothing

The way I see it is

1) Club is looking after the privacy of Rhyce Shaw to protect him and his family
3) Damage control
I wonder what order the club prioritises that list?

(5) The club is having to make some sort of change - whether that is bringing in additional senior assistants so that Rhyce feels supported to continue to coach next year, or his replacement if he has decided to move on.

I prefer the club to actually have a decision/plan in place before announcing anything.

Last edited:
The way I see it is

3) Damage control
I think when the club does break its silence on the matter they will want to have something in place that shows stability for the future. As sad as this situation could be, the club still needs to move forward.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

At a guess the club's hands are somewhat tied. If Rhys doesn't yet want (or god forbid isn't able) to talk about his circumstances, personally or via proxy, then what can they really do?

Do they out the bloke against his wishes? Then potentially deal with a PR catastrophe and possibly even a legal battle? Additional what if they're still dealing with the fallout of everything and haven't even settled on the path forward?

At the end of the day it's still the off season for us, as long as there is a public explanation/plan broadcast before trade week we should be relatively fine. Or at least I think we would have been, but Caro's little slip up (read: deliberate and malicious use of language) and the proceeding follow through today by others have possibly thrown the equation completely out of balance.

They've just got to talk to their members. There is no disrespect to Shaw to state that he has had a medical issue and needs a couple weeks rest. If that is the case.

I am honestly finding this very stressful.

At a guess the club's hands are somewhat tied. If Rhys doesn't yet want (or god forbid isn't able) to talk about his circumstances, personally or via proxy, then what can they really do?

Do they out the bloke against his wishes? Then potentially deal with a PR catastrophe and possibly even a legal battle? Additional what if they're still dealing with the fallout of everything and haven't even settled on the path forward?

At the end of the day it's still the off season for us, as long as there is a public explanation/plan broadcast before trade week we should be relatively fine. Or at least I think we would have been, but Caro's little slip up (read: deliberate and malicious use of language) and the proceeding follow through today by others have possibly thrown the equation completely out of balance.
Assuming the rumours have some truth my best guess is there are two parts to the silence from the club.

1. Respecting Rhyce's privacy

and

2. Having something to announce as to how we move forward and that's still being worked out.

They've just got to talk to their members. There is no disrespect to Shaw to state that he has had a medical issue and needs a couple weeks rest. If that is the case.

Okay, there's a basic fundamental you should know if you're going to let your head get done in by any rumors pertaining to any medical conditions and that is that their are seriously strict privacy laws surrounding the subject.

1602586679385.png

If there's any issue then the club are strictly bound by laws regarding it anyway............or conversely........there could be nothing to state anyway.

Last edited:

I disagree. Assuming there is an issue the full extent of any issue and the way forward needs to be known and articulated.

All well and good to say he needs a couple of weeks rest if that's true - but that may be unknown at this point.

I disagree. Assuming there is an issue the full extent of any issue and the way forward needs to be known and articulated.

All well and good to say he needs a couple of weeks rest if that's true - but that may be unknown at this point.

There's also this thing called, "the law":

1602586760917.png

But at least it buys two weeks.

I feel like the longer this goes on without some sort of comment.....the more it looks like we are an arse-covering shambles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like the longer this goes on without some sort of comment.....the more it looks like we are an arse-covering shambles.
We'd look like far more of a shambles if we put out some half-arsed statement that doesn't properly address the whole situation.

We'd look like far more of a shambles if we put out some half-arsed statement that doesn't properly address the whole situation.

If there is some type of news then I suspect that it's being timed to coincide with other things.

I think you over think how little anyone outside the football bubble even cares - I wouldn't even have the foggiest about anything if I didn't hit bigfooty each day and as far as I care it's off season, the people responsible for list management are doing their thing and we just need to let the club sort out whatever they need to at this point.

Theres no AFL games to be coached at the moment. Not at North. Consequently there is no rush to make a statement until they have all their ducks in a row.

If Rhyce retires for personal reasons and they have someone ready to go then that helps avoid the countless articles in the meantome about us being a feckless rudderless mess.

Theres no AFL games to be coached at the moment. Not at North. Consequently there is no rush to make a statement until they have all their ducks in a row.

If Rhyce retires for personal reasons and they have someone ready to go then that helps avoid the countless articles in the meantome about us being a feckless rudderless mess.
Fair enough, but I get the feeling that those articles are getting penned up as we speak.

The level of entitlement in this thread is amazing.

Honestly, just wait. If the club isn't saying anything there is likely a very good reason for it that your membership payments don't take priority over.
I am hearing this "level of entitlement" condescension a fair bit. I also here it from aloof bosses and politicians.

I care about my club. If there is something going on, I want to know about it. That is NOT UNREASONABLE.

But I've had enough. How do I get carded for a week? Can you sort that out for me mods? Any tips Snake?

I am hearing this "level of entitlement" condescension a fair bit. I also here it from aloof bosses and politicians.

I care about my club. If there is something going on, I want to know about it. That is NOT UNREASONABLE.

But I've had enough. How do I get carded for a week? Can you sort that out for me mods? Any tips Snake?

You've taken this rubbish to multiple threads now. Just be honest - you personally want to know and you don't want to wait to find out.

Do you think the club is just not going to say anything and hope we don't notice if we have a new coach next year?

You've taken this rubbish to multiple threads now. Just be honest - you personally want to know and you don't want to wait to find out.
Of course! Thank you. If our coach is in strife or we don't have a coach or we are being mismanaged then i would like to know.

A unified statement from the club or a plan going forward would be great.

Last edited:
Yeah definitely sounded like Geraldo was alluding to something other than hiring new assistant coaches to replace lost ones when referring to fixing the in house things first before the trade period. Really seemed like he was holding off on something.

Of course! Thank you. If our coach is in strife or we don't have a coach or we are being mismanaged then i would like to know.

A unified statement from the club or a plan going forward would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back