Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Curtis one was clearly a correct free kick. Corr one was stupid, but line ball - often umpires let it go. Archer one I don’t think was correct. Really wasn’t much in it but don’t think Weightman was necessarily milking it that much either.

That 3rd free against Curtis is ****ed. Look how low the fairy ducks down. Right in front of the umpire aswell and he gets sucked into it. The Archer one I can live with, he does get him a bit high albeit soft, but that corr one is a joke flops like a sack of shit People will say corr is an idiot but if players can't give a little argey bargey then our game is ****ed.

Curtis one was clearly a correct free kick. Corr one was stupid, but line ball - often umpires let it go. Archer one I don’t think was correct. Really wasn’t much in it but don’t think Weightman was necessarily milking it that much either.

Look yes he got him high…but I think Bevo needs to rethink what a headlock is …maybe revisit Hall and Thompson.
.oh dear🤦‍♂️

Tom Morris reporting on 9 that we will move the Tassie games to the NT and be given the entire NT as our NGA area as the trade off.
If this is true we are still the whore of the competition. The club's been selling us off to the highest bidder for almost 3 decades now and I dread that it will continue. I thought the club would have a go at building it's future strictly in Melbourne or at least Victoria. But, again if this is true, it's a sad confirmation that we aren't viable as a strictly Melbourne-based club. Which hamstrings us so much in terms of being a competitive, stable and self-sustainable club. I should've accepted this sobering reality by now but keep being optimistic we can be a full time Melbourne club.

I get that it's been financially necessary but it's been so detrimental to building a fanbase in the heartland. Pretty much every Victorian team can go to 16+ games a year compared to our 12ish. We virtually get an interstate fixture. What incentive is there to pick North as a migrant/kid living in Melbourne? Meanwhile the sold games did virtually nothing to build support in Sydney, Canberra and Gold Coast. Hobart was successful in the short term but those members will convert to Tassie Devil supporters. Judging by the Hobart crowds in recent years they already have.

Most worrying is this - what player would want to play for a team that plays over a 3rd of it's "home" games 4hrs away in 30 degree weather? We'll never be a destination club but I doubt the future Higgins/Dal Santo/Waite type of FA would pick us if we play 4 games in the NT.

North supporters truly are the best to stick it out through all these disadvantages and handicaps. We get to see less of the team and when we do we win less often. I'm excited by the direction we are heading in on-field but if we manage to challenge for a premiership it will be against greater odds than any other team has to face since, well, North in the 90's.

Look, it's nice, but we've only won one game. I'm reasonably confident about the future but this might be a touch too soon.
Pretty sure for the last 5 years, I keep hearing that we are the best bottom placed side.
Every year the boys put on a run of around 10 competitive games and we hear this same thing. 🤷‍♀️

LOL! at the hate. Personally I don't think we deserve the NT all to ourselves, but we don't make the rules do we.

****ing hell you couldnt pay me enough to watch that show with caro and ****ing sam mcclure. how do campaigners like him and tom morris still have jobs in this industry ffs

Pretty sure for the last 5 years, I keep hearing that we are the best bottom placed side.
Every year the boys put on a run of around 10 competitive games and we hear this same thing. 🤷‍♀️
We have no control over what other people think about how we’re performing. Our job is just to focus on getting better.

Sure the best bottom side calls are rubbish but blind freddy can see we have tightened up our game, we get the odd 5 to 6 goal runs against us now, we were regularly getting 10 goal runs scored against us with 70 to 100 point spankings.

****ing hell you couldnt pay me enough to watch that show with caro and ****ing sam mcclure. how do campaigners like him and tom morris still have jobs in this industry ffs
Caro has the DEI card up her sleeve so she can stay as long as she likes.
McClure is the definition of smarmy, he's probably still around courtesy of his dad.

LOL! at the hate. Personally I don't think we deserve the NT all to ourselves, but we don't make the rules do we.

It’s a facade. It’s a s*** zone that requires significant work. Who was the last NGA out of NT? Irving Mosquito? The “outrage” of opposition clubs is bs, they’ll happily leave us that money pit wasteland and take up a bigger slice of Victoria.

Give me Northern Victoria.

It’s a facade. It’s a s*** zone that requires significant work. Who was the last NGA out of NT? Irving Mosquito? The “outrage” of opposition clubs is bs, they’ll happily leave us that money pit wasteland and take up a bigger slice of Victoria.

Yeah - I can't see why this would outrage any opposition club given that our excising NGA zone was Tasmania which has over double the population of the NT and produces more AFL players lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bevo can go on about playing with a dislocated elbow all he wants, fact is Weightman only impacts games with the help of the umpires.

Max King is the same, and look what happens when the free kicks dry up.

Bevo was the support act on 360.

No mistake, Brad Scott was the headliner.

He couldn't get it out quick enough that the AFL contacted him this morning, yep not the other way around, to tell him that the umpires got it wrong.

Very decent of them.

He then said there was no need to talk about it any longer - and then proceeded to talk about it for the next 20 minutes and then told everyone that it impacted the result - some 45 points later, no less.

I think Bevo was fired up because he couldn't get a word in edge ways tbh.

Last edited:
It won’t matter anyway if they any good we can’t get them in top 20or40 picks what ever the afl decides on
Depends what the competitive balance changes entail. They may open it back up again BUT the club will have to pay a proper price for the pick, i.e. no more mass junk picks.

Indishinous numershh are an isssshhhhhuuuuu hey Caro……that wasn’t easy to get out through sour lips Caro huh.
I don’t think it’s got anything to do with how bad we have been….whos the other flog in that clip?

good point.

Yeah - I can't see why this would outrage any opposition club given that our excising NGA zone was Tasmania which has over double the population of the NT and produces more AFL players lol
NGA academies are for Indigenous and multicultural players only. About 5% of Tasmanians are indigenous, but they make up over 30% of Territorians. Tassie is also the least multicultural state in the country. Therefore, the NT has the potential to be a way more fertile NGA academy zone.

They had the 4 Victorian clubs as having the NT zone, but how’s that work with what access GC has in the NT? Joel Jeffrey was a NT academy pick for GC.
The Suns have Darwin. That’s how they got Jeffrey, Rosas etc. In the news report, the whole map of the territory was shaded in blue except for the little section around Darwin, so that may be an indication of what the AFL’s intentions are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back