Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

It amazes me that a Footscray person doesn't know what a headlock is, given the two most disgraceful examples of that thuggery in modern times were by Danny Southern and the coward Barry Hall.

I know Bevo has to back his players, but I've lost a bit of respect for him with this blatant dishonesty regarding the Weightman flop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a pity nobull quit BigFooty as he would fit in well with the whiny snipers on this board
Every time I see a tweet from him here all I think is how he rage quit after telling us we’d win 4 games a year in Hobart which we never have. Not once.

Gee whiz. Heath is sounding a lot like we do. Not a good look Heath, not a good look at all…😂
He wrote that sounding like a poster.

Watson, Josh Williams, Will Walker, Mahoney, Perez, Lazaro, Spicer. I mean so far, it’s showing our picks in the 50-70 range have a far better hit then those in the 30’s

Last edited:

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

I don’t get the criticism with regards to picking an unknown quantity or surprise pick.

He’s presenting a history of drafting that isn’t there bar a couple of instances
Yeah, the first rounders aren't the ones we tend to **** up (unless you think Will Phillips and Tom Powell are both busts, which I disagree with) it's the 20-50 picks usually. But with Comben, Ford, Curtis, Archer all looking like big wins and Taylor starting to look like a solid contributor, I don't know if that narrative persists.

Yeah, the first rounders aren't the ones we tend to **** up (unless you think Will Phillips and Tom Powell are both busts, which I disagree with) it's the 20-50 picks usually. But with Comben, Ford, Curtis, Archer all looking like big wins and Taylor starting to look like a solid contributor, I don't know if that narrative persists.

Larkey and Xerri would be viewed as two of the biggest wins in the AFL at the moment.

Both were picked in the 70's.

Both should probably be attributed to North's development program as much as their talent ID though.

Larkey and Xerri would be viewed as two of the biggest wins in the AFL at the moment.

Both were picked in the 70's.

Both should probably be attributed to North's development program as much as their talent ID though.
Yeah, but we've always tended to do weirdly well with extremely late picks and rookie picks while still not getting second rounders right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back