Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Roos is so arrogant he didn’t think anyone would point out that he was involved with the club.
He was on with the SEN Breakfast guys in Sydney who don’t know one end of a Sherrin from the other.

I suspect he thought he was in a safe space to say whatever the hell he wanted without anybody with a clue even noticing.

Damo is starting to turn..
campaigner also made us put his son on the VFL list and hire his leadership cult. I was happy to let sleeping dogs lie, sometimes things don't work out, and it's his right to seek the life he wants (and boozing on a Hawaiian beach all day doesn't sound too bad). But to chirp up in this way when he's a big part of the reason we ended up like this unforgivable. **** him.
Agree with the return serve to Roos, and apart from his son playing VFL, I found it difficult from the outside to identify just what Roos recommended, what we picked up and implemented, what wasnt' etc

Does anyone have a summary of what Roos was pushing while with us?

Agree with the return serve to Roos, and apart from his son playing VFL, I found it difficult from the outside to identify just what Roos recommended, what we picked up and implemented, what wasnt' etc

A big barrow full of gold coins?

I'm sure there's better info in some of the older threads, but my recollection was that he was really big on having extremely distinct and clear job descriptions and reporting lines so that everyone was confident and efficient, as well as a lot of generalised leadership work with various groups and individuals (which required us to bring in his consultancy group). At the time I listened to a few podcasts/interviews with him and his takes on leadership in organisations seemed pretty impressive to me, but I digress (and am also a moron).

He also had a gameday role in the coaches box doing ??? (but not interstate games teeheehee)

Considering that after he left Noble became a KPI obsessed moron I can only imagine that started with Roos but somewhere along the line some part of Noble's brain broke and he took KPI's to be the goal rather than signposts.

He did give him a clip. But Dildo also couldn't help a drive by with "And he may not be wrong."
I do not know how anyone could read what he posted an take it as him sticking up for us.

He is merely having a shot at both us and an Roos.

he's still a guttersnipe and always will be.

He was on with the SEN Breakfast guys in Sydney who don’t know one end of a Sherrin from the other.

I suspect he thought he was in a safe space to say whatever the hell he wanted without anybody with a clue even noticing.

I reckon it’s a side effect of the footy world treating him like a prophet for so long that he believes it himself.

We're an odd club like that.

Tim Watson and Nat Edwards (iirc) have both mc'd North events.

Hiring Robert Pyman as an assistant coach.

Chasing Figjam.

Maybe we can approach Gerard Healy to be our next media manager.
It would make for interesting BigFooty reading. We'd need to have a dumbing down session before hand.

I'm sure there's better info in some of the older threads, but my recollection was that he was really big on having extremely distinct and clear job descriptions and reporting lines so that everyone was confident and efficient, as well as a lot of generalised leadership work with various groups and individuals (which required us to bring in his consultancy group). At the time I listened to a few podcasts/interviews with him and his takes on leadership in organisations seemed pretty impressive to me, but I digress (and am also a moron).

He also had a gameday role in the coaches box doing ??? (but not interstate games teeheehee)

Considering that after he left Noble became a KPI obsessed moron I can only imagine that started with Roos but somewhere along the line some part of Noble's brain broke and he took KPI's to be the goal rather than signposts.
Thanks - I get it now. North Melbourne was simply a market opportunity for his consulting business - this is another governance failure on the part of the Board/CEO (similar to the Board endorsing Scott at the end of 2016).

If Roos keeps taking these little shots every month or two, despite being one of the reasons we're in the mess we are.
Then, I hope the club "accidentally" releases how much they paid him, and a list of the recommendations/work he actually did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's another way to look at Roos' comment: he may as well have said that the Carlton reserves team of the 80's could beat any AFL team this season... Because if it wasn't for some woeful umpiring, then we would have defeated the reigning premier just 2 or 3 weeks back!

Here's another way to look at Roos' comment: he may as well have said that the Carlton reserves team of the 80's could beat any AFL team this season... Because if it wasn't for some woeful umpiring, then we would have defeated the reigning premier just 2 or 3 weeks back!
I cant look at it other than a lack of respect and/or a deep hatred of our club. Like many others here and in the real world, I didn't want him anywhere near our club. I'm glad we ruined his only Grand Final as a player!

The 1986 VFL Reserves Grand Final. Carlton v Footscray.

I've done some of the oppo scouting before our big game against the Blues.

Didn't learn much other than I'd like one of those new Nissan Pulsars for $9900

Carlton had a pretty decent team with Silvagni, Gleeson, Sheldon, Ashman, Ralph etc. There were also a few players with North connections like Ogier, Gallagher and a young Libba for the Dogs.

Plus a certain bloke at CHB called Ian Aitken
Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Remove this Banner Ad

Back