Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Must have also been "taken out of context" when we gave him all that money.

We thought he said "I'll offer valuable advice, mentoring and experience to assist in fast tracking your rebuild" but if we had listened closely, he actually said, "I'll piss off to Hawaii and if you're lucky, I'll rubber stamp a woefully poor choice of coach and (weather permitting) maybe sit in on a zoom call every six months"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarko swears, royal commission, lynch mob, hang him out to dry.

Dimma swears, oh he was just frustrated
I'm not sure really, there's a difference between swearing for emphasis and swearing at an opposition official or an umpire with a potentially homophobic/sexist charged term. I don't think Clarko meant it that way but he does need to be more careful in those situations. Also, Clarko's forced move to the box has demonstrably made us a better side, so we should be thankful for the outrage.

When Dimma came down to the bench you can also see on the TV that he was calling something as two players can near him, one from each team. I assume he wasn’t saying anything to the North player because that’s not ok.

Article on AFL.com that frequently fails to mention us "9 things we learned" somehow still failed to mention us... instead mentioning Ned Moyle?

I mean he looks a prospect, but still beaten by xerri.

The media actually don't like publishing about us at all
To be fair, I don't know if we learned that much new about North Melbourne from the win. Everyone who was good has been good before in the same ways.

Article on AFL.com that frequently fails to mention us "9 things we learned" somehow still failed to mention us... instead mentioning Ned Moyle?

It's not that they don't want to mention us, more that they are incapable of learning when it comes to us.

Yep, seems they learnt something positive about the other 8 winners of the round, but from our match they were more impressed by a GC ruckman who was well beaten by the ruckman of the then 18th placed team...

Reserves side Round 11: 6th June 1982

North Melbourne 26.09.165
Carlton 23.18.156

Goalkickers;
Ross Ditchburn 6, Mark Maclure 5, Paul Meldrum 3, Denis Lenaghan 3, Michael Lenaghan 2, Barry Armstrong 1, Spiro Kourkoumelis 1, Robert O'Conner 1, Garry Williams 1.

Best;
Brendan Hartney, Mario Bortolotto, Spiro Kourkoumelis, Ross Ditchburn, Mark Maclure, Greg Kazuro.

North Melbourne withstood a final term challenge from Carlton in an exciting game at the Lakeside Oval to win by nine points. Phil Carmen, the hero of the win, booted 12 goals in a magnificent display of marking and goal accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back